Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:21 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 28th Sep 2017 at 9:05 PM.
Default game format
this thread is about which format of this game we have. disc, digital download, Ultimate Collection or Super Collection, other pack combination/combinations.

me; disc. currently base game (DVD), University (CD), Nightlife (CD).
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:27 PM
Ultimate Collection(digital download...).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:27 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Sep 2017 at 10:57 PM.
All EPs and SPs, only separate CD/DVDs, no collections or anything such.

I have a feeling this setup has given me a lot less headache than people who've had to deal with the UC or various collections. I did get the UC while Origin offered it, just to have a backup, but I still use the CD versions.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:33 PM
Same ^

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:34 PM
in case anyone misunderstood, by "collection" I meant all the packs.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:50 PM
Collections in the sims 2 community means disk sets, things such as the Deluxe Edition which is base game+Nightlife. Those of us on disks without any collections say separate disks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#7 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:59 PM
The games I own are on CD and are mostly collection packs.

Double Deluxe - Basegame & Nightlife
Best of Business - Open for Business, H&M Style, Kitchen & Bath
University Life - University, Ikea & Teen Style
Fun with Pets - Pets, H&M Family Fun, & Mansion & Gardens
Seasons
FreeTime
Bon Voyage
Happy Holiday Stuff
Glamour Stuff

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:59 PM
I think you meant the Ultimate (PC) and Super (Mac) cigital collections, mdsb759.

Examples of the CD collections are "Fun with Pets", "Double Deluxe", "Best of Business" and "University Life". There's also one holiday related, really just the basegame with one of the holiday packs included. The 2006 holiday pack is technically also a collection since it includes 2 holiday sets. I have both, but only because I bought the 2005 version, and too late realized there also was a 2006 version that included more stuff.
Inventor
#9 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 11:18 PM
Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin, which has now been two years since I've owned it. Only hard copy I have is for the base game, and it's a 4-CD package instead of a single DVD.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 11:21 PM
I use discs. I was lucky - someone was selling the whole set at a flea market! Before that, I used the Double Deluxe discs.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 11:47 PM
Double Deluxe DVD (Base game, Nightlife & Celebration! SP)
University CD
Open For Business CD

I also have the Ultimate Collection on Origin, registered but never downloaded or installed. I got it during the time they were giving it away for saying that you loved The Sims 2. (May 2014 was it?) Installing it would likely blow my nice little Packard Bell netbook away. If I ever get a PC with a graphics chip that will safely run it, I might install it, if I can remember how to get into Origin. It's the only thing in my otherwise unused Origin account. I can't say I'd be all that bothered if I never get to use it, as long as I can play The Sims 2 some way. I love my game the way I have it. And, even if I do get a better PC, I think, if I can get them, I'd rather add the EPs one at a time. It seems to take me about two years to get used to each EP, and there's lots that I've never used in the ones I have.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:06 AM
Deluxe (Base game + NL) the rest on separate DVD's. (I have them all)+ Store Edition, which is digital download. I use that to start my game.
I too got UC, never downloaded it and keep it as a backup plan if I ever need, a backup plan. never had to ask for it, one day, it was just there.
What's the purpose of this thread exactly?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#13 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:06 AM
For Sims 2 I have all the game CD's, EP's and SP's, from the base game to MG. I also have the UC with Origin.

I play with the disks as I much prefer them after havin played w/ UC and it gave me headaches dealin w/ the different things it didn't play nicely with such as AGS.

For Sims 1 I have what I guess would be considered the UC on Disk for that. I can't recall what it's actually called, but it's the disc set that includes all of Sims 1's EP's and SP's. Then I also have the collection set makin up another complete game of Sims 1. Both of which have been sittin and collectin dust as I just can't get into it anymore.

Then I have SimCity 4, well I did have it on disc until the first disk broke, so when it was on sale at Origin I bought it there so at least I can still make my own maps when the urge hits me :P
Theorist
#14 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:23 AM
This is going to sound like overkill, but here goes...

I have two copies of every EP/SP in disc form, as well as all of the EP/SP combination disc packs/bundles, and the free UC download as a backup. So, yeah, the love of TS2 is strong in this one.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:43 AM
I also have 2 copies of every EP and SP on disk as well as the UC never used on my origin account. :D

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:56 AM
Ultimate collection! But I have every EP on disc

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Theorist
#17 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
All EPs and SPs, only separate CD/DVDs, no collections or anything such.

I have a feeling this setup has given me a lot less headache than people who've had to deal with the UC or various collections. I did get the UC while Origin offered it, just to have a backup, but I still use the CD versions.

Same. I only have one copy of each EP and SP. I have nothing digital yet and I don't plan to.
It was a hassle to install the game when I got Windows 8.1. Fortunately the Grumpy loader was a lifesaver.
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 4:58 AM
I have all the games on disc as single packs, and I have the UC as a backup. I got all the games as a lot on ebay for around $100 in 2013 I believe. I think I have 2 copies of University and maybe Glamour Life, since I already had those before I bought the rest.

Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
For Sims 1 I have what I guess would be considered the UC on Disk for that. I can't recall what it's actually called, but it's the disc set that includes all of Sims 1's EP's and SP's. Then I also have the collection set makin up another complete game of Sims 1. Both of which have been sittin and collectin dust as I just can't get into it anymore.

I have that too, CaliBrat. It's called the Complete Collection I was playing it a lot a few months ago, but I got frustrated after my household lost all of their friends as I was trying to make more for them to get promoted. Sims 1 is, imo, much harder than any other Sims game. I enjoy it until I can't accomplish what I'm trying to do

I generally prefer having hard copies of all my games. One of these days I'm going to finish buying all the Sims 3 EPs and SPs too, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I also have Sims 4 and two EPs on disk, but I don't play those very often.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:04 PM
I originally got it through yarrharring almost six years ago, but I've been buying the discs as well since I really enjoy the game and now that I have the money to do so, I'd like hard copies in case I ever need them [and I get a computer with a disc drive lmao]. So far I've got the base game, Seasons, University, and Nightlife through thrifting.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Mad Poster
#20 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:16 PM
All disks. I like not having to go through Origin unless I have to, which I do for Sims 3 (my base game is post-2012) and Sims 4. It's fun to have something to do when my Internet cuts out ... again. I tried starting Sims 3 up without the Net, but because it's Origin-based, I find I have trouble doing so.

No Sims 2 combo packs (all singles). However, like many here, I have UC in my Origin games, just in case I can't use the disks anymore, or can't find a replacement for an EP or SP, even on EBay, Half, or in a local thrift store. It's always good to have a backup.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Alchemist
#21 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:20 PM
I used to have some disks, but those are long gone. Now I have UC.
Instructor
#22 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 8:55 PM
Only disks, only one collection (Deluxe). It takes hours before everything is installed and the patches are installed, but it's worth every minute of it. Unfortunately lots of them have scratches (I bought them second hand), so it's always exciting if every EP/SP will install (thankfully, the answer was yes the last time).
Alchemist
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 9:07 PM
edited the opening post.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 9:58 PM
I have all the disks, except for TSS, which I somehow never got when it came out. However, I succeeded in breaking my BG disk a number of years ago, and I replaced it with Double Deluxe back then. Sims 2 was already off the market for all intents and purposes around here, and since I never had TSS, the UC seemed like a good option at the time.

The UC was a great option, not a good one So I will probably be playing the UC for as long as I can.
Scholar
#25 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 12:46 AM
All separate DVDs on my computer shelf, which are worn from many years of play, but I play with the UC because I like the foreign-language options.
Page 1 of 2