Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 6:37 AM Last edited by rielynn71 : 26th Nov 2017 at 7:11 AM.
I have some documentation for the buy baby outfits mods. This is from simmer22/Theraven although I'm not sure if she wrote this or if Chris did.

If you really like the non-default baby clothes head on over to Moonlight Dragon for tons and tons of them!

----------------------------------------------

How to use Chris Hatch's Plan Baby Mod:

0. Purchase the Buy Baby Outfit teddy bear. There is to my knowledge no other way to buy baby clothes. Yet? Maybe 'yet.'
1. Have your parent Sim either hold their baby or put their baby on the floor. I haven't checked this with every possible combination of relatives, but an unrelated adult CANNOT get new clothes for a baby. Didn't think to check with teenagers. Somebody try it and report back?
2. With your parent Sim selected, click on the teddy bear and select "Buy Outfit For..." which should lead you to the names of all infants ant toddlers in the household. Click on a toddler's name.
3. A standard clothing-purchase window will pop up. DO NOT CLICK ANY AGE ICONS. Click on one of the gender icons instead. That's the only way to get to the baby clothes. Select and purchase baby clothes as you would normal clothes; they only cost $25 each so stock up. Hit the check-mark to buy clothes.
4. When the clothing purchase window closes, a plan outfit window will appear. So... plan your outfit.
5. If you forgot to plan your outfit, panicked and hit Close, or just want to change your baby's casual clothing for the season, buy one of the Maxis changing tables and have a parent Sim Plan Outfit For their baby as they would for a toddler.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rielynn71
I have some documentation for the buy baby outfits mods. This is from simmer22/Theraven although I'm not sure if she wrote this or if Chris did.

I don't know either, but here's what Chris says in the thread on BAS:

There are also pictures in the thread; would it be helpful to grab those as well?
Field Researcher
#53 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 7:21 AM
Thank you so much for this, Smorbie! I thankfully already have all of the mods I want from Chris Hatch (<3), but this is great for others who don't have them- and for future use, of course. This was very kind of you!
Field Researcher
#54 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I don't know either, but here's what Chris says in the thread on BAS: ... There are also pictures in the thread; would it be helpful to grab those as well?

Thanks Rosawyn, that is super helpful! I think pics are always good to have, if it's not too much trouble.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
As I said before, the program I used to copy the instructions was Libre Office which is open source. That means it should open on everyone's word program. I think Jo said it opens on her word pad.

If this continues to be a problem, I will start copying and pasting the instructions on p.m.'s and sending them out. Just let me know.

Roxellen, were you ever able to open them, or do you want me to p.m. them to you?

What's weird is that some of the .odf files open just fine and the ones I mentioned in that list were blank. You'd think I'd be able to open all of them or none of them.

Yes, go ahead and PM them to me. Thanks very much!
Mad Poster
#56 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rielynn71
Thanks Rosawyn, that is super helpful! I think pics are always good to have, if it's not too much trouble.

I still had the tab open, so it's not a big deal; just had to put them all up on MYP:

Any other pics/text I could grab from BAS for anyone? I only recently made the account, and I guess I kinda want to make it worth the trouble!
Scholar
#57 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:26 PM
I'd like to make it clear that I have no problem with any of my things being shared in any way whatsoever, now or in the future (provided they're kept free). You may copy and include any of my documentation, images or substitute/alter them with your own.

However It is BAS that's leaving not me, I'll still swing by this site regularly check out the Help and WCIF forums, log in and reply if I think I can help. I expect to become active at Mamba City (an 18+ site so no link), as that's a portal site all files will need to be placed on a file share site (probably box.net) so I'll make a point of including documentation with the files and be able to give links to the files if anyone can't find something.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#58 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I don't use this mod Simonut, I only know what the readme says and what Gdayars said about the boyfriend. It certainly sounds possible but I don't actually know.

Thanks you Jo's well I guess there only one way for me to find out and that is to try and see what happen. lol

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#59 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 10:29 PM
Yes and post back and let us know @Simonut

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#60 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes and post back and let us know @Simonut

@joandsarah77 I don't know why I am slow and lazy about getting this Sims pregnant by the Mayor, it just make me feel like I am the one getting pregnant. NOT
But yes when the time come I will let all know.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:13 PM
Thank you so much for doing this Smorbie!!! You saint!

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 3:14 AM Last edited by gdayars : 2nd Dec 2017 at 5:11 PM. Reason: edited to put 18 plus site links behind spoiler
This is the email I received from Chris. We have his blessing to continue having the thread up. He said something about the expansion packs, but I don't really feel like he answered the question I asked. Maybe someone smarter can make something out of the answer.

He gave me the URL for his new site. I know some of you have tried to go there and have been unable to do so. Maybe you will have better luck just clicking on the link.

I see that there are some new posts and there may be something I need to address, but I took the day off. I've been working so hard on this and recreating my old hood that I haven't had any time to actually play. I remedied that today, and I had fun. Anyway, here it is:

First you haven't breached anything, my policy is, has always been and will always be 'do whatever you like with my files provided they are kept free, I don't require credit' Feel free to share them in anyway you like.

BAS was supposed to close a year ago but Victor (site owner) forgot to cancel the server subscription and it accidently rolled over for another year so I have had over a year to think about it, in-fact most of the required support files for T&A and A&N are included in their instruction files because I knew the site will close they would become unavailable.
The end of BAS is an opportunity for me to go through some of the complex mods like hospitals and update & simplify the files and confirm any meshes etc. are either available or included.

I expect to begin uploading stuff at Mamba City I have made a few brand new things so when BAS closes and I begin to upload there I'll 'hit the ground running'
The most recent thing I just finished is a large, steel version of Jasana's Ferris Wheel , it has twin seats so couples can ride together and it is double the height which makes it look good from neighbourhood view.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#63 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 9:09 AM Last edited by Sketching : 27th Nov 2017 at 4:17 PM. Reason: clarification
Someone recently wondered if there was a mod to spawn adult repairmen. I don't have a SFS account (or whatever it is that's needed to upload anything there), so I'll attach the mods below in case anyone needs it. I might have missed it, but I haven't seen it in any of the indices here.

Single Gender Neighborhoods are global mods that restrict all spawned NPCs, service sims, and townies by gender but there are also versions for no elders. To clarify that last part, there are versions for "no elders, one gender only" and there is a version that isn't gender-restricted. None of the mods affect born-in-game sims. Chris Hatch's descriptions are in the folder, but I think it's easily understood that you should only use one of the files at any one time.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  ChrisHatch-SingleGenderNeighborhoods.7z (62.4 KB, 195 downloads) - View custom content
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#64 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 12:10 PM
Did Chris say whether he would be uploading things like JokersWild's animations Smorbie?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#65 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 1:00 PM
Smorbie - thanks for re-uploading the instruction files. I can open the new ones in WordPad just fine. Maybe the blank ones had some kind of formatting specific to LibreOffice that WordPad couldn't read - it was complaining about something like that for all of them. I don't have the one for flirting by text message, but it seems self-explanatory so there's no need to worry about it.

I can confirm that the following mods work just fine in my game.

BAS default replacement paint job for the taxi
Memorial paintings for graves
Strip Poker
Buy baby clothes and the extra feature for buy/plan toddler formals

There are several others in my Downloads folder that I haven't had time to try out yet.
Scholar
#66 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 4:37 PM
Does anyone know how 'joinable bath' or 'additional turn ons/turn offs' works?

I'm wondering if these require the "T&A" expansion.

I can't register now, too late.

If someone has logins I could borrow, I've been a member here forever and I promise not to share them elsewhere.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Did Chris say whether he would be uploading things like JokersWild's animations Smorbie?

No, are those with the bouquet and/or wild sex mod? I can get them for you if you want them and can't log on.

EDIT: @Gwynne - No need. Just go to the first message in this thread. I archived both of those mods and instructions are included.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#68 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
No, are those with the bouquet and/or wild sex mod? I can get them for you if you want them and can't log on.

EDIT: @Gwynne - No need. Just go to the first message in this thread. I archived both of those mods and instructions are included.

For the "turn ons/turn offs" mod, this seems to be all we have:

http://simfileshare.net/folder/22482/
Mad Poster
#69 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 8:12 PM
@gwynne : See my new post in the Back Alley Sims and Chris Hatch's Family Friendly Hacks thread.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 12:25 PM
@smorbie1 Thanks for the PM with the other readme files in it. Sorry I didn't see it yesterday. Hugs!
Scholar
#71 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I'd like to make it clear that I have no problem with any of my things being shared in any way whatsoever, now or in the future (provided they're kept free).

Thank you very much for this. You have put a huge amount of work into Simming over the years, creating some mods that really push the boundaries of what Sims 2 is capable of doing. It's good to know that it will be possible to continue getting your mods for Sims 2 for a long time yet.

Best wishes with whatever the future may bring you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#72 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 1:26 AM
Why don't you guys think about starting a Chris Hatch appreciation thread so he'll see it next time he logs on. I agree he deserves tons of credit. He has given so much to the game and my personal game is better for his having done so. I just worry he won't check this thread, and I want him to see all the nice things people are saying about him.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#73 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 1:38 AM
Test Subject
#74 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 6:57 AM
Hi smorbie1,
I am really sorry to bother you now that BAS is almost closed, but I wanted to ask you if you could please download this posebox for me http://www.backalleysims.com/adults...Overlay-Posebox) . It looks useful for the story I'm working on and I was unable to find it elsewhere.

I had just reacently learned of the page being shut down and since my account there was banned due to inactivity, I hoped that I could still ask for your help, if it is not too late (I think that the site is still working right now).

Thanks a lot in advance. Sorry if my english is bad or if this isn't the right place to post this question.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rhyanne
Hi smorbie1,
I am really sorry to bother you now that BAS is almost closed, but I wanted to ask you if you could please download this posebox for me http://www.backalleysims.com/adults...Overlay-Posebox) . It looks useful for the story I'm working on and I was unable to find it elsewhere.

I had just reacently learned of the page being shut down and since my account there was banned due to inactivity, I hoped that I could still ask for your help, if it is not too late (I think that the site is still working right now).

Thanks a lot in advance. Sorry if my english is bad or if this isn't the right place to post this question.

I figure the site could go down anytime now, so here it is.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TNP.rar (368.6 KB, 145 downloads) - View custom content
Page 3 of 13