Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Reveal the Handedness Traits!

by Spazmunki13 Posted 8th Dec 2017 at 4:23 PM - Updated 8th Dec 2017 at 10:13 PM by MattBrancher

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 7:38 PM
Provided that the cheat still works (when I tried making my sim left handed, he turned more ambidextrous, still using his right a lot, but sometimes his left), does this mod update to show that they are left handed instead of right and vice versa?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 8:45 PM
That's very original, thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tysakasa
Provided that the cheat still works (when I tried making my sim left handed, he turned more ambidextrous, still using his right a lot, but sometimes his left), does this mod update to show that they are left handed instead of right and vice versa?

This mod simply makes the Left-Handed and Right-Handed traits visible in the Simology panel. So it updates like any other trait does.

I'm not sure if the cheat removes conflicting traits when you add a trait (because the Left-Handed trait conflicts with the Right-Handed one), but that's not in the scope of this mod.

If your sim has either one of the traits, (or both?) they will show up in the Simology panel like any other trait.

Hope that answers your question.

EDIT: Maybe I should make it clearer, this mod doesn't let you choose the Handedness traits in CAS, it simply makes them visible when you Sims have them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 11:13 PM
This would definitely make my "Sinister" Legacy easier to do. So far I've just been staring at my sims to figure out if they eat left handed or not.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 11:32 PM
Thank you! I just love these small quality of life mods. :)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattBrancher
This mod simply makes the Left-Handed and Right-Handed traits visible in the Simology panel. So it updates like any other trait does.

I'm not sure if the cheat removes conflicting traits when you add a trait (because the Left-Handed trait conflicts with the Right-Handed one), but that's not in the scope of this mod.

If your sim has either one of the traits, (or both?) they will show up in the Simology panel like any other trait.

Hope that answers your question.

EDIT: Maybe I should make it clearer, this mod doesn't let you choose the Handedness traits in CAS, it simply makes them visible when you Sims have them.

No your description was clear in what the mod does. I was just curious if it updates accordingly. It may help me determine whether or not I got the handed cheat to work properly since when I tried it way back when I first learned of the ability to be left handed, the cheat didn't really seem to fully work even though I followed the instructions to remove right handedness and added left. So with this it may help in that regard since I'll have something that displays the status. If the cheat still doesn't work properly I'll chalk it up to Maxis's iffy coding skills XD Why couldn't they make it easier to assign handness? If I'm creating me, being a lefty is a requirement >.>
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 1:28 AM
I would love to see some one make a mod that we can choose handedness for our sims in cas I'm left handed I want my sim to be left handed I chose left handedness in debug cheats it come up as a hidden trait, my sim paints left handed but I think all sims do, he brushes his teeth left handed, eats and writes right handed, pays the bills and home work right handed, bowls right handed but plays darts left handed what I would love to see is a mod that some one can come up with is if we can make them fully one hand dominant,

thank you so much for your mods its awesome
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimlishFrenzie
I would love to see some one make a mod that we can choose handedness for our sims in cas I'm left handed I want my sim to be left handed I chose left handedness in debug cheats it come up as a hidden trait, my sim paints left handed but I think all sims do, he brushes his teeth left handed, eats and writes right handed, pays the bills and home work right handed, bowls right handed but plays darts left handed what I would love to see is a mod that some one can come up with is if we can make them fully one hand dominant,

I've noticed this too, however I suspect (would need further testing//feedback) that it's limited by the animations. I don't overly pay attention to the hands used in most situations, usually looking at the overall animation when new stuff is added to the game, but it wouldn't surprise me if certain animations simply lack a left handed version which is a little annoying when you're left handed and only see a partial collection.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tysakasa
[...] It may help me determine whether or not I got the handed cheat to work properly since when I tried it way back when I first learned of the ability to be left handed, the cheat didn't really seem to fully work even though I followed the instructions to remove right handedness and added left. [...] If the cheat still doesn't work properly I'll chalk it up to Maxis's iffy coding skills XD Why couldn't they make it easier to assign handness? If I'm creating me, being a lefty is a requirement >.>

My sim's daughter is left-handed, she was born that way, and yet I see her doing her homework with her right hand. As you said in your other post, I agree, I just don't think all actions have right and left-handed animations.

Quote: Originally posted by SimlishFrenzie

I was thinking of trying my hand at making the traits available in CAS. My only concern is that they would probably end up taking up a regular trait slot, which would be a different problem altogether.

I've noticed the exact same thing when it comes to sims using different hands for different things.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 5:23 AM
The hand pictures are wrong, or backward. You male an L shape with your left hand, not your right. Okay, maybe not, if they are from the inside palm, not the outside like I thought they were.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 5:49 PM
I'm left-handed so I always notice what hands people/Sims use. I love this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 11:23 PM
What a cool mod!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 4:10 AM
I never noticed sims will use different hands. That's pretty cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 7:33 PM
i never knew this existed.. :0
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 4:22 PM
Hayi! Does it work with the newest patch on 22nd Fab?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 7:17 PM
love this.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 7:53 PM
The icons for the hands show up as the missing thumbnail llama. Is this an expansion pack icon, or is it something else?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by purdywaldo943
The icons for the hands show up as the missing thumbnail llama. Is this an expansion pack icon, or is it something else?

Given the amount of "missing icon" notices I've seen with varying mods all over the place, I'd say this is more a case of EA/Maxis changing how the game sees images referenced in the files. (ie. icons were one format type in game before and now they're some other type/encryption). This is just a guess by what I've seen around not any form knowledge from official sources.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 5:29 PM
Thank for your mod ☻
I love it even if it's not really important *^*
I'm still curious about my sims, yes, yes...
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 1:18 AM
Will this mod be updated for Get Famous?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skyfri_Himmel
Will this mod be updated for Get Famous?

It's still working on my end.
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spazmunki13
It's still working on my end.

Oh good! Thank you!
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 6:11 PM
Does this still work after the new update?
Scholar
#25 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 12:31 PM
@howuknowimnotbig Yes, it looks like it Still working for me.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Page 1 of 2