Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Romantic Standards

by simler90 Posted 20th Mar 2018 at 12:25 AM - Updated 27th Jan 2022 at 5:59 PM by simler90 : UPDATE 193

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 11:29 AM
Is this compatible with Inteen and/or ACR?

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Instructor
#3 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 12:21 PM
Wow, that's awesome! I've always been quite disappointed with the default romance behaviour... Like the jealousy of the romance Sims (why are you jealous of one of your one night-standa if you're sleeping wth 10 more Sims) or the acceptance of the married family Sims.
What I'd like to know is if the Aspiration have an important role in the acceptance/refusal of the actions. You might have said already, but I've read the whole thing this morning just after I wake up
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 12:28 PM
Wonderful ! I havn't read all yet but I'm already so excited. It is a lot of work, thanks !
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 1:21 PM
What an interesting mod! I can not wait to try it on my game! Thank you very much for sharing your work and solving the problems that Maxis never solved.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:43 PM
Oh my gosh thank you!! It’s so nice to see people still working to improve the Sims 2 after so long!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:09 PM
This mod is a wonderful idea!
Still I'm weary of trying it as I have Inteen in my game...
Is it compatible?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:04 PM
Holy cow, this looks great! I'm itching to try it. I have ACR V2 installed, and have been considering ditching it. I really like the look of this because of what it's supposed to do with jealousy, and adding how sims react based on personality is a really nice touch. I'll definitely be giving this a go soon as I'm able!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:04 PM
I don't think I fully understand the true power of this mod yet, but it is extremely ambitious and certainly fixes a few odd things about romance. (Also, I had no idea about the unfinished interactions being incomplete until you mentioned it, but now the lack of fears about them makes perfect sense). Keep up the good work!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:24 PM
This is an amazing amount of work you have done! Reading thru your explanation of the romantic interactions alone was worth it. After I get my game back together (after losing my computer to electronic doom) I think I will DL and give it a try. In any case many thanks for your work in fixing what Maxis left un-done.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:42 PM
i'm wondering the same thing: is this mod compatible with Inteen?
Space Pony
#12 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:01 PM Last edited by Nopke : 17th Mar 2018 at 7:13 PM. Reason: "-"
I really like such insane mods! I'm going to try it. But after a little revision because there is an issue - you've sorted the BHAV contents. Why it's a problem:
  • the player that isn't using your mod plays the game,
  • the player saves it when a function you've changed in your mod was executing,
  • the player closes the game and installs your mod,
  • the player loads the game and the function is going to continue executing,
  • the save only contains the block number,
  • you've changed BHAV blocks positions in your mod - the function isn't now in the place it has stopped,
  • the function doesn't work as intended and eventually may return wrong values or throw an error.
The same thing may happen when the player uninstalls the mod.
Don't worry too much because a lot of modders make this mistake, especially Pescado (he represents excremential programming - don't learn from him).

PS The blocks that are no longer used should remain and be just not linked to. The new blocks should be on the end.
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 11:37 PM
This is a great mod! However, is it compatible with ACR/Inteen?
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#14 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 3:24 AM
I ran HCDU for conflicts between the optional mod version and other mods that I have installed for the purpose of testing conflicts (Pescado's Noinstantlove, Jen's Woohoo, CJH's Extended Teens, Twojeff's ACR), the only conflicts reported was the TTAB conflicts between Jen's Woohoo and the optional mod, but the description about the optional mod does say it blocks romantic interactions on the sauna and closet. Pescado's mod has a different take on relationships so nothing conflicted between this one and the optional version. I haven't seen any conflicts for ACR.

Someone should check with Inteen. That's the one I don't use.

HOWEVER, I downloaded the Romantic Standards Update 1 mod and ran HCDU again with the mods I installed for testing conflicts (Pescado's romance, Pescado's noinstantlove, Jen's Woohoo, CJH's Extended Teens and Twojeff's ACR). Pescado's romance mod conflicts with the Romantic Standards Update 1 mod very heavily because both mods edit the same files, not just resources alone. There are some mild conflicts between the 2 teen woohoo mods and the update 1 mod, but they are mostly affecting relationships, not the interactions. I loaded the Update 1 mod last to gain the benefits from this one.

In conclusion, if you want an updated mod that affect the romantic/social interactions, get the Romantic Standards Update 1 mod that fixes a lot of things that Pescado's original romance mod attempted to fix. Using both of them together will create a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space About To Hit Your Sims problem.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 8:45 AM
Default Possible conflicts with Inteen
Well, I just read your comment Chaavik and I facepalmed...
I downloaded only the main package and put it in my download folder (no subfoldering) and run HCDU, all of you can see the results below.
Seems this mod conflicts with only one particular package of Inteenimater but I'm not very savvy on the possible damage it could cause playing with it.
I've read Nopke's comment too and at this point I think it's a bit risky at least for my game and without proper installation tips...
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 6:37 AM
Thanks, this is the best romance mod ever!
Theorist
#17 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 4:41 PM Last edited by Essa : 20th Mar 2018 at 4:56 PM.
@simler90
Feedback report
Mods removed before play: Pes'noinstantlove and romancemod and TJ's ACRPluginMaxisCheatingfix.
I used update 2.

I play with a household with a married couple and four children. I got this error (file attached).
There's no computer in the house at the moment.
I hope you'll be able to fix this. Your mod sounds promising.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N005_t532639.zip (19.1 KB, 25 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@simler90
Feedback report
Mods removed before play: Pes'noinstantlove and romancemod and TJ's ACRPluginMaxisCheatingfix.
I used update 2.

I play with a household with a married couple and four children. I got this error (file attached).
There's no computer in the house at the moment.
I hope you'll be able to fix this. Your mod sounds promising.

Good catch. I just updated the mod. Try UPDATE 3, you shouldn't have any problems.
Instructor
#19 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 9:24 AM Last edited by duderocks : 21st Mar 2018 at 1:29 PM.
Would it be possible to add a feature to set jealousy on a per-sim basis? Like I have some sims who I want to play as being in open relationships (but without the extra stuff of, say, ACR) and I want to set them to not experience jealousy. That, or an option to keep the jealousy check on Engaged/Steady level at the very least (so some romance sims can do the open relationship thing)
Theorist
#20 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simler90
Good catch. I just updated the mod. Try UPDATE 3, you shouldn't have any problems.

I grabbed it. Things look fine now in my game.
Thank you.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:47 PM Last edited by LilSister : 24th Mar 2018 at 11:54 AM.
I've been playing for a few days (I have the latest version), one thing I've noticed is that your mod appears to override ACR friend setting. There shouldn't be any romantic actions between Sims who have been placed in the friend zone. I had an unexpected interaction between Sims that were only friends ... their make-out kiss resulted in them falling in love. One of the Sims involved is in a committed relationship (going-steady). Have you tested this mod in an ACR game? Is anyone else using this mod along with ACR, and if so have you noticed any differences in your game play?

Update: Before testing this mod, I removed the ACR cheating fix, the Romance Mod and CJ's Better Love Tub mod. I really like the idea of this mod and all of it's complexity, but, after some testing observing behaviors of Sims, I like the way my game functioned before so I restored the back-up copy of my game that I made before adding this mod. I really would like to hear what others have to say about using this mod.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:36 PM
This is a really cool idea! I like how it takes some of the blame away from the sim the cheater was interacting with- realistically, about half the time cheaters don't tell the 'other fellow' that there's another person they SHOULD be loyal to... and in my own game I always hated that that person was blamed no matter what, so I had too use cheats to get their relationship to the victim back up.
This is a pretty cool mod and I look forward to using it
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 7:35 PM
I was never really happy with other romance mods that are available. This one looks much more useful to me. I think I will really enjoy having it in my game.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 10:44 AM
Sounds great! But does it work with Inteen and without AL and FT?
Test Subject
#25 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 6:37 AM Last edited by beyondsight : 1st Apr 2018 at 2:21 AM.
Tried this out for a bit. Really surprised how quick I got used to the lack of ACR, Pescado's Romance mod, the like...it's already replaced them for me. Thanks for sharing this!

edit: Hmm. Played a three-bolter, in-love Knowledge couple and they never autonomously kissed, not even a peck on the cheek, but basically did everything else. A Romance couple acted as expected, as did a Romance/Pleasure one, but I'm not sure who instigated what. No Woohoo anywhere, either...I'll keep testing.
edit: The Knowledge Sims' only Kiss option was First Kiss. After the cutscene they could autonomously kiss.
Page 1 of 4