Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 8:37 PM
Okay. I am almost done with 3, as I am uploading historical right now. I would say the archive is about 98% done.
1. Historical/Period/Theme - this hopefully includes all accessories as well, even though there is a separate folder for Accessories. If a HPT accessory is missing from that folder, it will be found in Accessories.
2. I tried to organize the folders in a way that would make sense, and break down the downloading into more manageable chunks. The folders are also on dropbox with pictures if needed.
3. Any external meshes needed (although I doubt there were any, unlike TS2) should be included, or a text file to the active mesh would be included (much like ts2, where I included meshes of inactives, text files to links for actives)
4. TS4 is still a WIP, as I need to take breaks from this occasionally.
5. THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING!! I must say, I slept on All About Style. Going through their site, they are (insert sentence enhancers here) AMAZING. Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous stuff. It would be a crime to not share their stuff for Sims eons to come. I used some of their content, more for TS4, and I don't want others to miss out.
6. Thanks to Judie, as well. As the site owner/creator, I know she worked with others to create this fantastic content, and all respect, thanks and appreciation goes to her and those she collaborated with.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 9:14 PM
Let me know if you post the archive to Tumblr, I'd love to reblog it

I'll get to that soon, but I don't have m/any followers. Once I get some more of these done, I will go back to my original idea of creating/recoloring content to share. I have some things done but I am not sure if they are good enough to share yet.
Scholar
#28 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 9:44 PM
@chicvibe How is the progress with the Sims 2 and 4 stuff going for you? It's great to see that you almost completed the Sims 3 collection of All About Style stuff. I can't be that much help because I never knew that the site was going to be taken down that quickly all of a sudden without even a warning otherwise I would've downloaded like crazy.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 7:26 AM
If you still looking for S3 or S4 you should try sims3planet.net, sims4planet.net, sims3pack.ru (sims 4 also) or sims-new.my1.ru

My internet is to slow to search properly but it they look like they have at least some of all about style stuff . sims-new.my1.ru has a broken link section & if they can they do fix the links.

For Sims 2 you could put the word out at sims2packrat.tumblr.com, gos, & simscave.mustbedestroyed.org. I'm sure you'll get help at those sites

Unfortunately once on the internet always on the internet doesn't seem to hold true with Sim cc and it always an idea to hoard your favorite creators.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:19 PM
Default All About Style On Mediafire
Not sure if you still need these files but I have 45 files some 3PK some Package and some in both formats. I put them Here On Mediafire
Scholar
#31 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leo5
If you still looking for S3 or S4 you should try sims3planet.net, sims4planet.net, sims3pack.ru (sims 4 also) or sims-new.my1.ru

My internet is to slow to search properly but it they look like they have at least some of all about style stuff . sims-new.my1.ru has a broken link section & if they can they do fix the links.

For Sims 2 you could put the word out at sims2packrat.tumblr.com, gos, & simscave.mustbedestroyed.org. I'm sure you'll get help at those sites

Unfortunately once on the internet always on the internet doesn't seem to hold true with Sim cc and it always an idea to hoard your favorite creators.

I think the main problem is that there's just too much custom content out there made by so many different creators that it's darn near impossible to keep up with and to archive and keep on your hard drive,flash drive,cloud drive and computer especially when there's so much newer and better quality stuff still getting made for them. That and being an archivist could be a pretty expensive hobby because you would have to buy a lot flash drives and hard drives to save them on and I don't think many people think it's worth it and just move on to the next shiniest thing.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leo5

Yes. To address your points -
1. Wayback Machine is amazing when a site goes down IF they managed to capture the page. There have been a few download pages (even though the pic is still there) on All About Style (IKR?) that actually have NOT been captured. (sadface)
2. I have been going through Russian, Polish and Chinese sites for files - I google the specific file name which can be very helpful or try (with Pronupsims) to rename files so I could still access the site via wayback when there are issues, because Rosemat was sooooo awesomely organized!!! YASSSS!!
3. I have offered my links to Sims2packrat for sims2 so they can be accessed, but I haven't with GOS and Simscave, so once I get something substantial to offer them, I will (I do belong to Cave, but I am not active on either). Simscave has also been awesome in helping me find random meshes, but I have to be careful as it is like a candy shop and I can get lost in all the sparkly things.
4. I am trying to focus on sites with great free content, because booty mainly went for paysites. I just finished Pronupsims (with meshes), and 2for U, SimplyStyling and am working on Sunair and Peggysims, and another one I cannot think of right now for TS2 and finishing up All About Style TS4. I know some of these sites are archived (2 for U, and SS) on Tehsims archive, but I am trying to not only back those files up, but make sure meshes are found or linked to active sites so they are complete. In addition, Teharchive won't last forever either, so it is helpful to have those files somewhere where everyone can still enjoy and dead links are starting to show up at Teharchive as well.
5. It is a mind-boggling process, and illustrates that, although people are mostly respectful of TOU, sadly, a lot of content is simply lost or unusable without the meshes.
6. Next up will be TS3.
7. I got TB's of storage. Bring it on!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Not sure if you still need these files but I have 45 files some 3PK some Package and some in both formats. I put them Here On Mediafire

Thank you!! I will take a look
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
Thank you!! I will take a look

You are welcome. I did notice a few of the outfits were one's you were looking for was not sure about the rest.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 1:08 AM
It is done! All about Style 2, 3 and 4 is/are complete on Simfileshare. Dropbox has not been updated but will simply have pics and files uploaded, and not be super-organized.
Scholar
#36 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
It is done! All about Style 2, 3 and 4 is/are complete on Simfileshare. Dropbox has not been updated but will simply have pics and files uploaded, and not be super-organized.

Thank you so much. How did you find the rest?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#37 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:37 AM
Thank you @chicvibe ! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Thank you so much. How did you find the rest?

well. let me tell ya. I hamstere'd, I drank a lot of coffee. I searched the bowels of Russian and Chinese sites. I downloaded some weird *$&## that was mis-named.

Perserverance. Seriously though, maybe one day I could do a tutorial, because somethings are different, depending on where the file is supposed to be: adfly, mediafire, dropbox, etc.

Hopefully though, the easiest way to recover the download is this:

If you have the name of a file - JUST copy the name of the file and you can do one of two things:

*bubu_tightpants.zip and google. If that doesn't work, remove the .zip extension and search again. Hopefully, more results will come. If not, take the * off, which denotes wildcard in search terms. If that doesn't work, either nobody in the world re-uploaded, they renamed the file or it just hasn't been picked up by search engines.

If you have the name of the file and it looks like this: ajfdkajlfdjadsjfroeajoirmlk409138u4rajfdjadeladsjl/adfly/fjadsjlkfdsafdsa - remove everything before the adfly, copy the link and retry in a new window. this also works for mediafire, MOST of the time.

Other times, I just had to copy the name of the file in notepad, remove, symbols and some letters and then retrieve the file from dropbox or mediafire if the above didn't work.

In addition, there are mediafire search engines, and, although I didn't have much luck, they do exist and could be of help perhaps.
Test Subject
#39 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 6:56 PM
Is there a link for the Sims 4 folder?
Test Subject
#41 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 8:15 PM
Whelp. another person who still plays the sims 3 means there is no such thing as a necro post... right ? I am searching for the following. I saw them on the wayback link in this thread, but the zip files are not complete. If anyone has these two and can provide a link, thanks you.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#43 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 10:40 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 14th Jan 2022 at 11:24 PM.
Could I have a link for the Sims 3 simfileshare folder? I'm looking 5 pieces of clothing and couldn't find them from Mediafire, Mega or Sims Graveyard. One of them is a holiday gown which name I don't know.
Alchemist
#45 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You mean the one I posted 3 posts up?

Oh, sorry about that. I thought it was an answer to the Sims 4 link request. My bad. I'll go and take a look. Thank you.
Alchemist
#47 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 11:01 AM
oh, i think you're correct. it's been a long time, i forget what link is for what. :D

try this one:

https://simfileshare.net/folder/39495/

and this one by chicvibe

https://simfileshare.net/folder/39547/

Ah, thank you.

EDIT: Okay, so I found 2 out of 5 but 3 pieces are still missing. Either they use some other name or they are not there. There were 4 male sweaters and I opened them all but none of them was the right one. I even tried to look at the AAS Holiday section with the WB Machine to find out the lace dress name but without luck. I just have to keep searching, I guess. I'll add a new pic in case anyone has these missing pieces of clothing.
Screenshots
Scholar
#48 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 11:18 AM
@Sorceress Supreme

I have that dress still.
Uploaded it for you to SFS.
https://simfileshare.net/download/2928428/

Unfortunately I don't have the others, hopefully someone else does.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Alchemist
#49 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 9:25 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 16th Jan 2022 at 12:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
@Sorceress Supreme

I have that dress still.
Uploaded it for you to SFS.
https://simfileshare.net/download/2928428/

Unfortunately I don't have the others, hopefully someone else does.

Oh, thank you so much. I was going to use that dress as a wedding dress, so this was a wonderful surprise.

EDIT: I found the the muscle shirt from the Simfileshare folder, after all. Even though the shirt is called 'Destroyed muscle shirt', the actual name of the file is 'Western muscle shirt'.
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 4:41 AM
oh, i think you're correct. it's been a long time, i forget what link is for what. :D

try this one:

https://simfileshare.net/folder/39495/

and this one by chicvibe

https://simfileshare.net/folder/39547/

both are for the sims 3 or 4?
Page 2 of 3