Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Crohn's Disease and IBS CAS Traits

by SunnyElsa Posted 29th Aug 2018 at 3:46 PM - Updated 20th Mar 2024 at 1:02 AM by SunnyElsa

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 8:42 PM
My wife has Crohn's and she thinks this is amazing and was made by someone who actually knows what it's like. Thanks for the representation!
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 5:28 AM
Good trait, but as someone who has suffered from IBS in the past, I would make the buffs a little bit stronger +3
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 12:33 PM
I have very severe Crohn's/Colitis with other nasty things like fistula, arthritis, fatique, hernia, stoma *YAY* all the good things ..not... I doubt i would ever use this mod as I wouldn't wish this horrible disease on anyone and don't want it in my game. But i'm sure there are lots of people who do like it.
Also if all Crohn's ever did to someone was a mild stomach ache and other mild annoyances I would be very happy. LOL
I have vomited poop before and been on life support because of my disease, a mild stomach ache would have been very welcome.. was that TMI?

PS. IBD and IBS are too very different things.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:25 PM
Nice trait, adds a little spice of reality to sims lives.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 7:30 PM
thanks for this IBS representation! one never knows which food item is going t set off those painful IBS symptoms...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 10:20 PM
Thanks! I have IBS and honestly get a bit jealous of how my simself always gets to eat basically whatever it wants with 0 effects... now I can suffer in-game, too. XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:40 PM
Thanks! Now my sims can suffer like I do!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 5:06 PM
Love this effort. Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 7:50 PM
As someone who suffers from Crohn's, I've always wanted to find a way to incorporate this into Sims. Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 1:17 AM
thank you! i use this in my hospital roleplay save, please make more. :)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 9:19 PM
These are rough diseases I see good friends dealing with (and some dying from), so I'm still debating my usage of this mod, but it's very well-done within the scope of the game. If you're in the market for other uncomfortable chronic illnesses to create, may I suggest Fibromyalgia and Ehlers-Danlos? I'd be happy to give you hints on the symptoms, should you need such information.
Anyway, thanks for your hard work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:52 AM
Thanks for this! Could you add ulcerative colitis to your description? It is also an Inflammatory bowel disease and if the point is to raise awareness, that would be super rad. <3 bless you for even thinking to do this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 9:54 AM
I have IBS and I kinda agree that +1 and +2 uncomfortable are a bit "weak", lol. When you have it badly then it hurts so much you can't even do anything at all - like a +10 uncomfortable. :D
But that small detail aside I'm really happy about this mod! Thank you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 9:21 PM
Thanks for making these traits! They are awesome!!! I’ve been playing them for ages and I have a couple of wishlist items that would be super cool to see included. I do agree that the +1 and +2 uncomfortable seem mild, maybe you could have mild/severe versions so players could chose their flavor? If there was a way to include flare ups, where occasional stomach discomfort is accompanied by a temporary increase in bladder decay to simulate that need to find a bathroom urgency, I think that would make the game play very authentic. And because I've over-thought how it could be more realistic, if the threshold for the "Gambled and Lost" moodlet was somehow adjusted so that the consequences of not finding a bathroom in time could have the proper consequence. It kinda bugs me that the game handles everything with wet pants and puddles, unless you intentionally sabotage your sims, if you know what I mean. ;-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 2:52 PM
Great to see more traits like this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th May 2020 at 10:49 PM
I have to get this in case I ever make myself in the game. And I have the -1 uncomfortable moodlet right now IRL :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 3:56 AM
Thank you so much for this! I've had Crohn's for 20 years now and it's so neat to see someone make this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 12:44 PM
Any chance of this being updated, or somebody else taking this mod on? I suffer IBS and would love to have this in my game!