Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Club Activities

by icemunmun Posted 29th Aug 2018 at 7:34 PM

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 7:46 PM
Thank you! I've been wishing for the archaeology ones for a while, but I noticed that EA doesn't seem to like doing any cross overs between packs. I can't use all of the stuff pack ones, but at least I can save them for when I do get those packs eventually.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 8:33 PM
Wow, dear icemunmun, this makes me About thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat curious! I think, I'll have a try - big fan!!! Thank you.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 9:57 PM
I am at a loss for words. What talent you have and you are so generous to the community. This is something I have been wanting for a long time. Thank you.
Instructor
#5 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 9:15 AM
Thank u so much for doing this. I Had ur original version of this mod. After comparing so I found u exclude/delete the popcorn machine club interaction right?
Can I keep that one still with this update version?
Inventor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:11 AM
Yes. Thx a lot. I am a bit confused. Is there a all in one Version too?
Instructor
#7 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam

That means if u own all packs u should download all the three files, otherwise u need pick activities in the 3th file and the 2nd file(JA content related).
The first file is a must download one anyway.
Inventor
#8 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by parkjoonho
That means if u own all packs u should download all the three files, otherwise u need pick activities in the 3th file and the 2nd file(JA content related).
The first file is a must download one anyway.

Ah ok, thx!^^

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 2:48 PM
It is nice! Can I ask you something? I always want to make a fight club but there is no sparing Club activity. If I add 'fight' rule into my club, member's relationships became bad... so if you can add kind of sparing, can you add it? I always appriciate your works!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 4:15 PM
Sorry, question: if I want to download ALL of them, do I download each file and put into Mods?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by parkjoonho
Thank u so much for doing this. I Had ur original version of this mod. After comparing so I found u exclude/delete the popcorn machine club interaction right?
Can I keep that one still with this update version?

I have excluded the popcorn eating interaction because one of the recent patches has added them to the game! I finally decided to upload them instead of leaving them to languish in the WIP thread because for future patches, it is easier to keep track of updated downloads when they are in the form of downloads rather than threads

Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam

What @parkjoonho said! Also I did not think of adding a ALL-In-One file..thank you for the idea <3

Quote: Originally posted by wwindystar
It is nice! Can I ask you something? I always want to make a fight club but there is no sparing Club activity. If I add 'fight' rule into my club, member's relationships became bad... so if you can add kind of sparing, can you add it? I always appriciate your works!!

That is an interesting idea!

Quote: Originally posted by christyruin
Sorry, question: if I want to download ALL of them, do I download each file and put into Mods?

Yes! All of them need to be put in the mods folder
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 12:16 AM
I'm excited to try this mod. I was hoping to create a Jungle Explorers or Archaeology Club when JA was released. Now I can! Thank you for once more making our games even more interesting.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 4:50 AM Last edited by Amber Lokisdotter : 1st Sep 2018 at 8:04 AM.
Unfortunately, I discovered a minor hiccup with some of the new club interactions allowed. I, too, was excited at the idea of an archaeology club or a jungle explorers group. I just discovered a few minutes ago, however, that the game doesn't allow you to start a club gathering while you're in the JA world. That means that some of the interactions (examine traps, dig site, excavate) unfortunately are never used.

While you can manually use BuyDebug to add excavation sites to any lot that you want in any world, they won't spawn automatically, nor can your Sims survey for new ones. The "examine traps" interaction is also pointless, because there are no temples elsewhere. (I'm not sure whether a player can build a tomb or not in the game, as I haven't yet tried.) You can, of course, still do the archaeology options at the archaeology table, as those can be added to a home or commercial lot anywhere.

Perhaps there's a mod that someone knows of that would allow clubs to be started even in these worlds? That would be absolutely awesome, and would solve everything.

ETA: Apparently it doesn't happen in ALL areas of JA that you can't start a club meeting, but it does happen in all of the adventuring areas. (And in the lodgings my Sims were renting, but that may be because they had one of the lots close to the entrance to the adventuring area.) In the cantina area I was able to start a meeting, which means I can use that area to do all of my excavating. It doesn't help with the dungeon stuff though, unfortunately.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 4:04 PM
Thank you for this! And can I just say I love that you separated the package files for game packs~ I don't think I'll ever get Cool Kitchen Stuff so it was very nice of you to separate the ice cream actions! ♥
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 1:52 AM
Wicked! Thankyou!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 5:49 PM
This is just what I was looking for!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 9:22 PM
thank you for this :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:43 PM
Love this! Any chance you can add pet-focused Cats & Dogs interactions in the future?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 12:38 AM
Does this mod work with Scumbumbo's Club Utils Mod? Do they compliment or conflict?
Forum Resident
#20 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 11:54 PM
Club Utilities
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
Does this mod work with Scumbumbo's Club Utils Mod? Do they compliment or conflict?

Just wondered since I have Scumbumbo's mod. Maybe I'll try both and see what happens?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
Unfortunately, I discovered a minor hiccup with some of the new club interactions allowed. I, too, was excited at the idea of an archaeology club or a jungle explorers group. I just discovered a few minutes ago, however, that the game doesn't allow you to start a club gathering while you're in the JA world. That means that some of the interactions (examine traps, dig site, excavate) unfortunately are never used.

While you can manually use BuyDebug to add excavation sites to any lot that you want in any world, they won't spawn automatically, nor can your Sims survey for new ones. The "examine traps" interaction is also pointless, because there are no temples elsewhere. (I'm not sure whether a player can build a tomb or not in the game, as I haven't yet tried.) You can, of course, still do the archaeology options at the archaeology table, as those can be added to a home or commercial lot anywhere.

Perhaps there's a mod that someone knows of that would allow clubs to be started even in these worlds? That would be absolutely awesome, and would solve everything.

ETA: Apparently it doesn't happen in ALL areas of JA that you can't start a club meeting, but it does happen in all of the adventuring areas. (And in the lodgings my Sims were renting, but that may be because they had one of the lots close to the entrance to the adventuring area.) In the cantina area I was able to start a meeting, which means I can use that area to do all of my excavating. It doesn't help with the dungeon stuff though, unfortunately.

Unfortunately I have found that the clubs and the JA adventures cannot run simultaneously! I will try to see if I can make the two situations run in any way!

Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
Just wondered since I have Scumbumbo's mod. Maybe I'll try both and see what happens?

I have no idea whether it will conflict or not ( but my mod does not override any resources so it should not conflict ? ). It will be awesome if you can test it :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#22 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Unfortunately I have found that the clubs and the JA adventures cannot run simultaneously! I will try to see if I can make the two situations run in any way!

I have no idea whether it will conflict or not ( but my mod does not override any resources so it should not conflict ? ). It will be awesome if you can test it :lovestruc

I have both mods installed and they both work great. Had some MCCC exceptions but narrowed down to mods that were unrelated. This is great! I also have a mod that gives me a few more club icons. All working great! :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 3:09 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 7:43 AM
Thank you so much! THis is great! If you are willing, I would really like to see things for the Pets and seasons expansions too! I have long been sad that they never updated club activities with the expansion packs.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#25 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 11:35 PM
Thanks
Page 1 of 3