Replies: 105 (Who?), Viewed: 22810 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 3 of 5
Forum Resident
#51 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 4:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attuned
Hi @Victor_tor
Apologies for the delayed response. I am the founder of Mentoring4Builders, and one of the co-founders of M4BCreators, the creator group for Mentoring4Builders. Your Starlight Paws is adorable and if you would like to recreate it for TS3, that's great! A few things to note: the project is Base game plus 1 EP, so either ITF or Pets, but not both. We don't have any ITF lots yet, and I would welcome them. The lot would also need to be for one of the size lots we already have in the Petlandia World, which you can find in the first post.

My building is not suites your guidelines itself if so. It occupies 20x20 size. But really. What's the reason to make a Pets add on selective in 3rd part of your project? It breaks the back story of those island totally, isn't it? It has all properties dedicated to pets and there is no any building without pet objects. What do you see Petlandia become if pets would be so necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by attuned
The third thing is that the M4BCreators group is for group uploads, so if you took someone else's lot (with permission of course) and furnished it yourself, that would count- for example, SimmyRN remaking Norn's Wolfson's Research Station to add a fire station. If you uploaded your lot in combination with someone else's lot, like fascisthater's and my Ambitious Additions, that would also count. But to remake your own lot is not really a collaboration with another builder. If you still would like to do this by yourself, I would suggest uploading it to your account at MTS, and I would add a link to your lot on the Petlandia Village download page.

I understood now your point about your project as group. I had few time to see throw buildings today. Birdie Apartments by @SimmyRN seems to be cool but I still find it's better to furnish those one with TS3 Night Life. Auntie's cottage by @Norn and @Johnny_Bravo Hamster Square were cought my eye. First with cosyness, second - with vast yard I absolutely adore in any building (just like big yards)! Sooo as resume, I would like to make any if those two to become a property for robo cats and fill it with high technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by attuned
The other choice is to remake a lot we already have in the world, built by someone else, or find another builder who wants to upload a lot for Petlandia in combination with your lot. Let me know if I can be of help, or answer any questions.

Wet Whiskers Pool by @Crowkeeper is the only I see can see merged and could be placed together with Starlight Paws just because both are in modern style. But it occupies such a prime zone, so I prefer not to move that actually.

Sorry guys for such invasion when mention you in posts. I really need some feedback hehe :p

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 3:57 AM
It may be a bit difficult to understand your meaning at times, so please bear with me. The reason for the 1 EP only was to allow it to be downloaded by as many people as possible. The more EPs used on a lot, the fewer people can use them. We thought that players can always add pet accessories to a lot by themselves. If you want to use more than 1 EP, the lot can be uploaded to your account and we would add a link for it to the Petlandia Village download page.

A lot size of 20 X 20 is not used in the world. We have 15 X 20 or 20 X 30. Again, if you want to upload to your account, matching the lot size is less important.

If you are saying you would like to remake Square Hamster, please ask Johnny_Bravo if he would be okay with that. Auntie's Cottage is not available to remake.

We would not add any lots that are already uploaded with the world, to a new upload, for example, Wet Whiskers Pool. If you want to upload a lot with someone else, it would need to be a new or remade lot, not one already in Petlandia. Ambitious Additions is 3 lots made with base game + Ambitions EP. Perhaps @fascisthater would be interested in helping with a ITF lot?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
What's new at Simszoo?
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 11:30 PM
@Victor_tor
I have thought about your request, and as long as @SimmyRN (creator of the world Petlandia) agrees, you can use Pets and ITF, as long as you use a lot size from the world, and include another builder.

Lot sizes available: 10 X 10, 15 X10, 20 X 15, 30 X 20

I think a ITF restaurant would be a lovely addition also.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
What's new at Simszoo?
Forum Resident
#54 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 6:52 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 20th Nov 2019 at 7:11 AM.
I did not want to set myself as mean. I jut want to figure out the guidelines. Or not even the guidelines. The goals of Petlandia 3rd part.
I am ready to take part but i see it in 2 ways:
make absolutely new building with author if the old one made by him before could be demolished.
Refurnish existing one, but using pets plus one ep. And i am asking for this pets ep as extra because existing house can has already parts of building or furnishing made in Petlandia 2nd part.

Can I go any of those ways? Or any one? This would help me to run this project. Please tell me, which way you let me go, or not any of those. This could help me to figure out if I can run this project.

I has all eps and sps. Even those obnoxious from Katty Perry. I am not friendly to any building extra programming, but can use velositygrass stencil remover as exception. Not any others.
Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 6:06 AM
Hi Victor
*yes, if you want to build with Pets and ITF, yes
*it needs to be a project with two builders
*you can furnish a building by another builder -OR-
*you can add your lot together with a lot by a different builder

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
What's new at Simszoo?
Site Helper
DELETED POST
2nd Dec 2019 at 9:56 AM
This message has been deleted by fascisthater. Reason: new version uploaded
Forum Resident
#56 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 8:28 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 2nd Dec 2019 at 10:14 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fascisthater
This is a crude preliminary lot that shows basic exterior concept for Petlandia that needs much refinement if you want to use it Victor_tor.

Oh! This is a turtle! But why is she suddenly has no legs. May I reply here with WIPs? Was made turtle's legs today and I tried to use another roof covering to make it look more "turtle". Your templates are stay in bushes and in eterance area. I showed it in separated picture. Also changed facade patterning and it turned to creepy by my hands. I would like to know your ideas about facade colour. And now it's your turn to make changes.
Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 4:14 AM
Looks great so far!! Love the turtle concept, and the flower bed legs that Victor added.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
What's new at Simszoo?
Site Helper
#58 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 4:19 AM Last edited by fascisthater : 3rd Dec 2019 at 8:49 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_tor
Oh! This is a turtle! But why is she suddenly has no legs. May I reply here with WIPs? Was made turtle's legs today and I tried to use another roof covering to make it look more "turtle". Your templates are stay in bushes and in eterance area. I showed it in separated picture. Also changed facade patterning and it turned to creepy by my hands. I would like to know your ideas about facade colour. And now it's your turn to make changes.
Vic ^_^




Wow! You have decorated this in a short span of time. I don't know how functional this will be without the rabbithole in basement though and am not certain the No Visitor Allowed lot type I originally had will be compatible with using food replicators and wiill probably have to change it to Visitors Allowed. It did have legs just not feet(not sure if wanted land turtle or sea turtle) but I do like the feet you made for this. I guess you see this as a children type of venue by your decorations? I will look over your lot and keep some things and change others, but I probably will not be able to respond to you as fast as you were able to me.


Edited- I didn't think you kept rabbit hole in your pictures but glad you did as well as stairs into basement (sort of hard repacing stairs through basement once removed). I did see you move rabbit hole in your version though. The rabbit hole needs to be oriented like my version in previous pictures because there is a back door to it that sims sometimes come out and if they cannot get back to stairs they are trapped. I removed a lot of the invisible floor tiles on shell (kept a few at top) also because before I even uploaded my version to this thread I noticed that circular windows would shift slightly downward when placed on lot with different orientation and would not want same to happen to that many objects.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 8:54 AM
I tried to make the most in short time was possible to have a room for editting if you dislike something. I planned to place only flowerbeds, but stuck and spend all night with furnishing joy.

Agreed. Visitors disallowed won't let sims to use all its features. To switch it to type of visitors allowed property is good reason. Food replicators and fridge from ITF are different then other EPs. I placed them without any mods here, they acessable from catalogue but still has a great interest how non playable sims would use it. If they'll not, better to replace by grill and made all lot as small park. Then it would work.

Please check about seats that could be placed to electronics. I guess one of arcada games on 2nd floor jungle needs it and I still don't know how ITF portable pc works. It's a ball and has very small slotting, it's placed on entrance check-in desk. Does it also need a chair as any other desk? Does anybody know this?
I'll make a test family for next time to see how it works and routes and wish you do the same.

All lot furnishing is for family restaurant. And I wish it to stay in such state.ssims would come with children and celebrate costume and present parties. Furnishing need everything for have a party become good. Maybe it would need to have a wardrobe too.
And no need to respond fast. It makes me hurry but I need to calm down in one day at least after sleepless night Lol.
I am very glad you like this building. Thank you. Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 9:12 AM
Reply to Edited- i wanted to furnish underground level but guess will not. Please place rabbithole in right way.
Yes for me circular windows (aka eyes on head) were bit down too. Do as you wish with tiles. And everything for best quality. Best wishes. Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Site Helper
#61 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 10:45 AM Last edited by fascisthater : 16th Dec 2019 at 7:49 AM.
@Victor_tor - I made some changes to lot and checked for floating tiles and routing issues. I moved rabbit hole again after playtest during which it was slightly off but did not playtest again to see if they get stuck leaving rear door. I changed lot type to visitors allowed. I hope the changes I made did not upset you I just tried to make it look better and improve routing. I made second floor more of kids type area for parties. The sims would not use the tube elevator to go to second floor without prompting(I have not played into future much- so do not know if this is normal behavior). I placed the walls and floors we used in the basement so it might be easier to find if you wish to make changes.



Edited. I think I might have spotted an issue with one the front shoulder sculptures that I missed cause it seems dark.
Scholar
#62 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 12:45 PM
This lot looks like a lot of fun! It fits Petlandia perfectly What a lovely idea.

Some thoughts:
Agreed, in Screenshot 7 you can see that the upper Statue at the turtle's leg is dark. It needs to be moved a tiny bit out of the wall so that outdoor lighting is applied to it again. I guess in the basement the many different floor tiles and wallpapers are just for building and will be removed when done?
Not sure if I like the streetlamps you picked though. Maybe try some simpler ones? Or the ones used in Petlandia?
Forum Resident
#63 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 7:39 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 5th Dec 2019 at 8:23 PM.
Many different tiles will be removed with lot finish
Petlandia lampposts looks more green, but they are same, Norn. I'd rather stay those with acorn lanterns but make them matching colour scheme.
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#64 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 12:20 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 6th Dec 2019 at 1:08 PM.
ok first report caused by my feelings.
Those thing like WC in dinning area as well as trash bin a making a bad inviroment (green ink). That not means sims will not use them. No. But seating in restaurant near those stuff in real life make them less atractive. And I guess some players, not sims, won't like it. Should I remove them or move another separated rooms?
When playing in Norn's Northeney I had some time to see how ITF kitchen works. It works fine without counters at all. Sims are having ready meal from food replicator stove and use fridge for having snacks. I marked with purple ink those stuff that is useful in kitchen. Others are seems to be just decorative. Can be deleted or stay just for decorative purposes.
Sadly you removed all toys for tods.
@fascisthater, did your sims u use for playtest were climbed second floor to have a meal there?
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Site Helper
#65 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 10:43 PM Last edited by fascisthater : 20th Dec 2019 at 7:17 PM.
@Victor_tor -my sims did not go to the second floor without telling them to use the tube elevator. I mentioned sims not going to second floor in my last post but was perhaps it was not clear to you. I tried to keep some stationary toddler toys like the one seen in screenshot 33. I originally had building block station against the wall but a sim couldn't sit at arcade table and tried moving one space out and still did not work so removed it. Toys that can be moved seem like a bad idea since they can create routing issues. I placed some all in one bathrooms downstairs because visiting sims would not go upstairs and use those.

I will work on this and post pictures for solutions to problems.


Edited. I made a few changes to address issues you raised as well as a few other things. I took some screenshots and created a new file if this helps. Children seem fine for this lot. However, toddlers are probably not suited for this lot because of the many issues they pose(I hope this doesn't deter you). 1. -They have to have an adult carry them onto the lot and will probably not be brought by NPC families. 2. -They are generally considered chaos incarnate for social groups when they cry or have dirty smelly diapers. 3. -While I and those with a sadistic sense of humor may find streched toddlers endlessly amusing, I don't think most want to see this happen when their toddlers order a meal.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#66 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 5:39 PM
@fascisthater
I have tested in life mode with Funke family from tray. I noticed now why it takes so much time to go here with toddler . The most close residence with toddler crib is kinda far and cost 100K+. When arrived to lot it spawns two waitress. They work there not 24 hours but I did not found there worktime. Althought at night you can still enter the house and serve cooking yourself. That was really wondering.

List of bugs captured with screeenshots one by one:
1) Turtle toy had lost his shield (Yes, it's a turtle, not a green unicorn )- was not actually a bug fixing, just something of my author's features
2) Roof pattern does not match size and color of wall texture
- fixed and repainted
3)What this tube is, it was not working in life mode - don't know what to do with this
4)The entrance teleporter caused a lot of issues. First: waiters are spawning in this room and then cause some traps, second: they don't work autonomously with cliccking go here at 2nd floor - replaced by spiral stairs and sofa replaced by ITF loveseat
5)This place was caused traps by waiters too but sims go throw it fine if use NRAAS Go here replacement - i don't know if it should be fixed, only by replacing tube from point (3) and searching for new place for WC booth *sigh*
6)Visitors steal ITF PC ball in inventory - replaced by stationary form
7)Floor seams - fixed
8)2nd floor is used to have its own food replicator to make sims throw away plates - fixed
9)I placed back this turtle activity table. Probably will not used a lot, cause there is no any of toddler cribs in nearby houses. But just make a sence of this lot Turtle feature - was not actually a bug fixing, just something of author's features
10)Wrong pattern direction - fixed
11) (Previous post screen) Norn mentioned lampposts - fixed to match it to Petlandia

New features (sorry, no pics here):
1)I was removed hawaiian painted rug and made a green grass in corridor with plants. Sims can pass it but well its narrow. Up to you to let it be or not. Just keep the grass there please. Tiki styled pattern here is out of place. It's absolutely another style
2)Added a turtle in terratium - please check if it can be transferred with package.
3)One turtle spawning point is added
4)Plants by enterance were replaced by holographic and turned on - please check if it can be seen n buy mode
5)Coloured lights in corner glass cases
6)Misc moves and tweakings to make symmetry and add a variety.

fascisthater! New paintings are really nice, but if someone know how to turn on hologram paintngs in community lot, it would be a great help!

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 3:27 AM
I love a collab- always seems to bring out the most creativity, and your lot is no exception. It looks great!
ITF elevators/tubes often do not work on imported lots, and have to be manually replaced by downloader. Try replacing it and then test if it works.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
What's new at Simszoo?
Site Helper
#68 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 7:10 PM Last edited by fascisthater : 16th Dec 2019 at 7:46 AM.
@Victor_tor I took some screenshots of lot and wanted to get your feedback on some things I have changed. I did see the two spawners you placed on both sides of building. I have not playtested the playground area but as long as the routing works I have no inclination to make changes to that area. The holographic plants were a nice change you implemented. There were some issues though with some of the changes you made. I was aware of the shell pattern not looking the same but it is only because the more reticulated pattern I could get with floor tiles did not have a wallpaper with enough color channels to replicate.

1.The pattern on shell is fine repeated as long as it is restricted to the shell and not the legs - Otherwise it looks too same/repeaty (also darker pattern on legs somewhat obscures your leg sculptures). I will show pics to demonstrate and give you choice of options(pictures are labeled option 1,2,3).

2. The plants in the narrow hallway are a routing issue as they constrict the space available to just one tile and also obscure the corner display you created. I removed the plants and put down some carpeting but am open to what you would prefer as long as routing not affected.

I did remove floorlamps I placed because they also somewhat obscured your corner displays and I added gnome display and light effect because were smaller/less obscuring.

I did notice issue with the plant area on second floor and not sure how to fix or if it can be fixed -flowers look fine during daytime but at night are darkened even with lights around(tried placing a floor lamp in center of area but even that did not improve so removed it)
Forum Resident
#69 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 10:09 PM
@fascisthater
1. Oh! I just figured out you idea about legs. My bad I did not understood it earlier. Sorry. If I choose, I'd prefer to see option one with such side painting because this roof painting gives marvelous illusion of shape, while 2nd and 3rd options gave an imagine that shell is having cylindrical shape. I fact turtle's shell is not a cylinder. It's a lense.
Try to figure out if those places in pictures I attatched here could be painted with one finishing type. Maybe there is even a reason to paint legs how they were in very first version from post you was deleted here. Anyways they are great looking.
2. Cool. Let it be with blue and pink floor squares and gnomes in corners.
Try to move flower bushes closer to flowerbed center. If that's not make them lightened at night, try to replace them with green bushes without fowers or remove at all. I guess that's because flower bushes and leaf bushes are having in game different shading.
Cant wait you'll share your edition and let's make this building to finish.
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Site Helper
DELETED POST
10th Dec 2019 at 7:27 AM Last edited by fascisthater : 10th Dec 2019 at 6:39 PM.
This message has been deleted by fascisthater. Reason: new pictures created
Forum Resident
#70 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 12:10 PM
Great. I have noticed myself wrote about lamppost colour fixture, but actually did not made. That was my mistake. sorry. Also was cleared pattern palette at basement. That's the only two reasons for verision 7.
@Fascisthater you was right about clear appearence around the lot. Make screenshots please. I know you has full clear world. I was made three screens today on its place. It has a huge banner nearby, so Petlandia is bad place to make screenshots for showcase.

N.B.: mother can sit in taxi with toddler only when she has a baby carriage in her inventory. So you needs Generations to travel with toddler by car. Grounbreaking Sims 3 logic.
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Site Helper
DELETED POST
10th Dec 2019 at 6:52 PM
This message has been deleted by fascisthater. Reason: new pictures created
Forum Resident
#71 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 9:09 PM
Le it be The Tasteful Terrarium you send me some time before. If someone has another suggestions, please post. I think we need to have a joke about turtles in description. I see it something like
"Enjoy this turtle featured restaurant. It has turtle toy, turtle chairs and turtle turtle! Even waitrons here are turtle. Come on try the slowest service ever and have your cooled down snack!"

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Site Helper
#72 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 9:34 PM
I think suggestions from other group members are always welcome. I will check back and try to formulate a description based on input here (and If I see any coming in couple of days). I will then PM you to get your agreement on description. Do pictures look OK though?
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 3:17 AM
It looks really great- I love it!! The pictures are very good also. My only suggestion is that if you are using picture 6 as the thumbnail and first picture, perhaps set it so the left rear foot is included, with less grass at the bottom and all of the shell at the top. Something like this, but with the left rear foot and all of the shell showing. Love the name also!

Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
What's new at Simszoo?
Forum Resident
#74 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 8:39 PM
Fascisthater, first of all you need to follow MTS screenshots guidelines when upload. They are here. From first look I can say that would be better to make all top views (screens from first to third) when rotate a view on 90 degrees. It will make a lot area more fit to screensot boundaries.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
#75 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 12:38 AM
This is adorable! Great job and collaboration!
 
Page 3 of 5
Back to top