Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated - Placeable Fish - Sharks

by Bakie Posted 7th Dec 2018 at 9:59 PM - Updated 5th Nov 2021 at 5:06 PM by Bakie

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 12:22 AM
Love these!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 2:21 AM Last edited by deathrolla : 8th Dec 2018 at 2:33 AM.
Now I can make the perfect trap to drop all those wannabe secret agents into. If the alligators don't get them then the sharks surely will.

“Do you expect me to talk?”
“No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!”
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 4:26 AM
estos tiburones son maravillosos muchas gracias los aman
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 10:28 AM
Can we expect to have placeable sprites too?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 5:35 AM
Great mod, my friend! As usual. Thanks again!

Just a heads up. The link you have for the video says it's for the Sailboat and Boat Trailer. The link takes you to the shark clip on YouTube though. It's just typo'd. Thought you would want to know. =)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dtw
Love these!

Thanks! Always good to hear!
Quote: Originally posted by deathrolla
Now I can make the perfect trap to drop all those wannabe secret agents into. If the alligators don't get them then the sharks surely will.
“Do you expect me to talk?”
“No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!”

Haha, it would be really cool if I could actually make them to react to the sharks ( and other animals), but at this point I can't unfortunately. But you can still use them to make the ponds to make a bit more scary to fall into of course
Quote: Originally posted by SimlishFrenzie
estos tiburones son maravillosos muchas gracias los aman

You're welcome SimlishFrenzie, good to read you like them!
Quote: Originally posted by Armilus
Can we expect to have placeable sprites too?

Maaaybee.....
Quote: Originally posted by Duncan Disorderly
Great mod, my friend! As usual. Thanks again!
Just a heads up. The link you have for the video says it's for the Sailboat and Boat Trailer. The link takes you to the shark clip on YouTube though. It's just typo'd. Thought you would want to know. =)

I expected a big story about how these sharks will defend your fortress, but the heads up about the typo is much appreciated too! Just fixed it, thanks!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 1:14 PM Last edited by Duncan Disorderly : 10th Dec 2018 at 8:02 PM. Reason: frikkin typo! This is Bakie's fault! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKIE!!!
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
I expected a big story about how these sharks will defend your fortress, but the heads up about the typo is much appreciated too! Just fixed it, thanks!

Story? A big story? Why on Earth would you expect that? Is it because I've scribbled a few award-winning words in the past? Clearly, I've overindulged you. I have only myself to blame for spoiling you. OK. Before you throw a tantrum, I'll give you a story. Read it at bedtime. With any luck, you will have nightmares. Or, not. We can only hope. Anyway, let's get this over and done with or I'll be late at the vet. Did you know going to a vet is cheaper than a doctor?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duncan casually ate his bologna and caviar sandwich that cook had prepared earlier as he considered the best way to execute his plan. It was a genius plan. Well. It will be a genius plan once he had conceived it. Duncan was in no doubt of his genius. And, who can blame him? He was 100% correct. As always.

Yes. Duke Duncan, the demigod of the Disorderly clan oozed the confidence of an alpha male in a troop of filthy chimps. His swagger was legendary amongst those who take swaggering seriously. Apart from his jaw-dropping good looks, a physique a Greek God would envy and an unmentionable part of his anatomy a horse would be jealous of, his mind was sharper than a Samurai sword on a summer's day. Things are always better in the summer, even a Samurai sword.

Duncan was mightily angry at Bakie, his closest and best friend at Mod the Sims. Originally, he had planned to have his sharks defending his fortress. He even planned on telling a big story about it. But, the now controversial Bakie quashed his genius plans, as well as, he besmirched the good name of Disorderly. How dare him! How could Duncan relate his big story about his fortress sharks now that Bakie had mentioned it? How could he sit by and take this besmirching? How could he write this in time to make his appointment at the vet?

But, the biggest question on Duncan's mind was; how did Bakie know he had a fortress with shark guards? Sure, they're only effective if someone breaks in via the shark tanks, that much is obvious. Still. How did Bakie know of his diabolical fortress located in the fashionable fortress district of town? At this point, Duncan made a mental note to hire some land-based guards and to put a lock on the fortress doors. This reminded Duncan to buy some fortress doors, as well. He also made a note to buy a doorbell for his fortress. He liked the idea of those doorbells that play a whimsical tune when a guest rings it. However, this wasn't the time to go doorbell shopping. Duncan was keenly aware the doorbell shop didn't open for another 4 hours. And, as we have established, Duncan wuz far 2 smart like 4 dat.

All these random thoughts enraged him. Duncan hurled his clenched fist in the air, like Kirk did when he screamed, "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" Only, as Duncan punched the air, he screamed, "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKIE!!"

Bakie was once like the brother he never wanted, in Duncan's mind. This time, he had gone too far. Duncan would exact his revenge when Bakie least expected it. He would vie his time patiently and wait for the perfect moment. Duncan was willing to wait, even if it took years. He was willing to wait until long after Bakie had passed away. Granted, revenge is kind of pointless at that point. It didn't matter to Duncan as long as he got his revenge.

Duncan thought about Babe, his pet pig. He was a cute little guy. He followed Duncan everywhere, apart from places where pigs are not allowed, like a hospital or a bistro. He also thought about Babe, his first pet shark. Duncan named Babe the shark to honour Babe the pig's memory. Poor Babe. He almost missed him. But, what choice did he have? Sharks need to eat. Do you know how much it costs to feed a shark Bakie?! Of course, you don't. You don't ever consider the damage your mods do. Do you? Suddenly, Duncan realised Bakie wasn't there and there was no point in asking these questions. Instead, Duncan remembered the good times.

Duncan giggled to himself as he remembered Babe frantically swimming in the shark tank with a confused and terrified look on his pig face. As the squeals echoed in the night air, there was a point Duncan was convinced the pig was squealing, "WHY DUNCAN?!" Duncan regretted feeding his pig to the shark. All this time, he had a talking pig and he only revealed this fact seconds before being consumed by his beloved shark! Selfish pig! Duncan could have made Babe a film star. He could have been in a film called Babe! It was such an original idea. People would love a film about a talking pig! Easily good enough for a mediocre sequel to really cash in. Duncan would have made millions! This was Bakie's fault!

Once again, Duncan did the Kirk fist in the air thing and screamed, "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! Ooops. I mean, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKIE!"

Bakie had no idea how close he came to humiliating revenge on that fateful day. Duncan had one of those fart cushions with Bakie's name it. Oh man! Bakie would have been so embarrassed! Sadly, he would never get to use his beloved fart cushion. Duncan's vet appointment loomed ominously on the horizon and they would charge him for a missed appointment! He cursed Bakie's good name and ordered Butler to tell Driver to bring the yellow limo to the front of the fortress, stressing to make sure it was the yellow one, not the pink one, as Driver was colour blind.

"One day Bakie. One day!" he muttered to himself as he made his way to the... gawd damn it... pink limo!

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 8:03 PM
Soooo amazing and perfect done like all your other mods, Bakie...thank you so much ;)

Best regards from Austria
Eve
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duncan Disorderly
Story? A big story? Why on Earth would you expect that? Is it because I've scribbled a few award-winning words in the past? Clearly, I've overindulged you. I have only myself to blame for spoiling you. OK. Before you throw a tantrum, I'll give you a story. Read it at bedtime. With any luck, you will have nightmares. Or, not. We can only hope. Anyway, let's get this over and done with or I'll be late at the vet. Did you know going to a vet is cheaper than a doctor?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Duncan casually ate his bologna etc etc etc.... gawd damn it... pink limo!

Haha, I really laughed out loud a couple of times! And I'm honoured to be your closest and best friend here on MTS
I also like the idea of a pig called Babe which could talk! Maybe you can make it even better by making the story even weirder and make it herd sheeps like a boss or something! Even more millions would come to you!
Maybe I should steal your idea and call a random guy to make the movie (I had someone called Chris Noonan on the phone.. )

Quote: Originally posted by ladyeve
Soooo amazing and perfect done like all your other mods, Bakie...thank you so much
Best regards from Austria
Eve

You're welcome Ladyeve! Good to hear you like them!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 3:37 AM
Thank you soooo much for all your wonderful work Bakie, my game would be too blah without them!!!

And I am very glad I read the comments -- awesome mod AND a laugh-out-loud story (thank you Duncan Disorderly)? Priceless :-)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiffedTeradactyl
Thank you soooo much for all your wonderful work Bakie, my game would be too blah without them!!!
And I am very glad I read the comments -- awesome mod AND a laugh-out-loud story (thank you Duncan Disorderly)? Priceless :-)

Thank you very much! Yeah Duncan creates wonderfull stories. He also wrote some on my YouTube Channel which are very funny to read.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 5:04 AM
This is so cool!!! Is there any chance we can expect to see more fish in the future? I've always wanted my sims to have a koi/goldfish pond!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abiridaught
This is so cool!!! Is there any chance we can expect to see more fish in the future? I've always wanted my sims to have a koi/goldfish pond!

Hi!
That change is VERY big! Though you can already have koi fish in your pond by downloading the mod I made for it: Animated - Placeable Fish - Koi Fish

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 6:05 PM
wonderful
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by patrickstifler177
wonderful

Thanks Patrick

Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 4:45 AM
Default aggressive?
can the sharks attack sims?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cocoyoc
can the sharks attack sims?

No, Sims can't interact with them unfortunately.

Inventor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 4:29 AM
Looooove them sharks!!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th May 2019 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedMallie
Looooove them sharks!!!!!

Me too! Give them a good home!

Forum Resident
#21 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 6:37 PM
Default Ocean Water?
Can this be updated for ocean water? I can't place it on my water lot. Am I doing something wrong? MOO does't help either?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
Can this be updated for ocean water? I can't place it on my water lot. Am I doing something wrong? MOO does't help either?

I'm aware of the problems with all of the mods which are able to be placed on pool waters but unable for the oceans. Right now I have no solution for it yet unfortunately, but I will keep searching of course as I want it myself to be able too!
It should be possible with the MOO cheat though as I did it myself too in my last video for example. What you need to do after placing, is using the number 9 key to raise the object to the water surface. Just placing it with the MOO cheat will place the object on the ocean floor and the sharks spawn underneath that.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 10:35 PM
This looks absolutely amazing in my game! It looks like its really part of the game! Bakie did an unbelievable job !! I also am surprised the Sims Team couldn't put this in from the beginning. Just this little add-on makes my Oceans looks so much more alive and vibrant !!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stephiebaby
This looks absolutely amazing in my game! It looks like its really part of the game! Bakie did an unbelievable job !! I also am surprised the Sims Team couldn't put this in from the beginning. Just this little add-on makes my Oceans looks so much more alive and vibrant !!

I'm happy you like it that much Stephie! About if it looks like it's part of the game already, IT IS! But just not in the oceans. The sharks can be added to the Denizen Pond that came with the Get Famous Expansion Pack.
What I did though, is making it able to be placed in other spots then the Denizen Pond too and in different formations. The Denizen Pond only has one formation of 3 sharks.
You will probably also love my Sea Turtle mod I released last week for in your oceans and even more useable mods are coming!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 4:15 PM
Super super awesome, this makes the water look so much more "alive"!! Great mod
Page 1 of 2