Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*SNOWY ESCAPE UPDATE* MORE SLOTS!!! for all EA Hutch/Cabinets

by simsi45 Posted 24th Dec 2018 at 2:16 AM - Updated 14th Nov 2020 at 9:55 PM by simsi45

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 2:47 AM
Thank you! Do you think you'll be adding slots to any of the dressers? I know Orangemittens has done some of the Base Game dressers and I think a few of the pack dressers, but it would be great to have a merged set of all of the dressers in game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Thank you! Do you think you'll be adding slots to any of the dressers? I know Orangemittens has done some of the Base Game dressers and I think a few of the pack dressers, but it would be great to have a merged set of all of the dressers in game.
Absolutely, as a matter of fact I'm already working on the dressers. Shelves need some love too, but I'll probably start working on them after the holidays since there are quite a lot!
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsi45
Absolutely, as a matter of fact I'm already working on the dressers. Shelves need some love too, but I'll probably start working on them after the holidays since there are quite a lot!

Awesome news! Thanks for the quick response!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 4:02 PM
This is super helpful, thank you! (And merry Christmas!)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 5:26 PM
Ooo LOVE extra slots for more junk! :D
Forum Resident
#7 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine

Me too! Me too! Shelves next paleeze!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 4:41 AM
Thank you! I do get so frustrated with EA producing lovely units, and then not giving us any/hardly any slots so that we can use them. Thank goodness for Modders like you
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 6:34 AM
Default Junk????
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine

Excuse me! That is NOT junk. It's classy clutter! Merry Christmas and Thank you :-)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 1:20 AM
Thank you!!! One can never have too many slots!!! Unless, you are OCD.
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 10:00 AM
Hi. Just thought i'd let you know that this download (when trying to open with winrar) is corrupt or damaged. I've tried multiple times to access it to no avail. I downloaded the Merged file because i've got all packs.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Minxi72
Hi. Just thought i'd let you know that this download (when trying to open with winrar) is corrupt or damaged. I've tried multiple times to access it to no avail. I downloaded the Merged file because i've got all packs.

Is WinRAR updated to the latest version? If yes, try opening it with 7-zip, or FileViewer (both alternatives to winrar) like I mentioned in my post and tell me how it goes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 9:37 PM
Yeah WinRAR is up to date. Have used 7-zip and able to extract file. Ty for your quick reply. Good luck in further projects
Inventor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 6:47 PM
These are amazing!!! Thank you for sharing them!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 5:19 AM
Thank you so much! EA restrictions drive me insane. They don't make any sense. Why don't they provide more slots?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 8:30 PM
Thank you for this. I saw you were undecided as to which item to add more slots to next. Here's my vote for SHELVES! For the love of god, SHELVES!!! Ahem. I'm SO sick of using the same CC shelf in every build, simply because it'll hold more crap (er... quality stuff!) than any other shelf. haha
Oh, also, I'm on a Mac and was unable to open the .rar (Edit: of the merged file, that is) with my usual unrar... er... utility (UnRarX), but it did open fine with The Unarchiver 2. Just making that note for any other Mac users out there. It's pretty rare that I'll find a .rar that won't open with UnRarX. So I dunno what's up with it. But hey, there are plenty of free utilities out there, so it's all good.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 9:43 PM
@SherwoodSpirit I've never used a Mac in my life, so thanks for letting everyone else know about Unarchiver 2. As far as shelves go, I'm actually already done with the mod and it's actually already posted in my profile :D
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 3:21 PM
I frikin love when the game items get modded with more slots. Thank you!
OH, and just a suggestion: kitchen cabinets/counters/islands are dying with the lack of slots So like if you consider one day giving them more slots :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 8:47 PM
So this mod doesnt need any kind of update right?
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 11:01 PM
Hi, i wanted to download your mod but i just have the base game and all the uploaded files require at least one pack. Could you upload a version only for base game? Thank you!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 9:49 AM
Thanks this is way to cool. There was a similar mod for the sim 2 S E.P Slot Enabler Pagage I just loved it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 6:06 PM
Great Job :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 8:22 PM
Thank you so much ! )
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 2:06 AM
Do these slot adjustments pass the 195 limit now out with University? I hate the idea of d/l the individual files instead of the merged...but if I run them through S4S, I don't think I can get a rating on merged files...?
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 2:41 PM
"Updated to include every missing Hutch/Cabinet, contained in every pack up to Discover University!" -I think you forgot to upload the Get To Work hutches/cabinets, I don't see that file individually (maybe it's included in the merged file, but I don't have all the packs so I didn't check it).
Otherwise, great work! I'm definitely enjoying having more slots!
Page 1 of 2