Replies: 14 (Who?), Viewed: 5069 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2019 at 9:35 PM
Default NEW Italian Tuscan World
Hello! I love creating worlds for TS3 and just building in general. I recently fell in love with the Tuscan country side, and I wanted to create a world to capture this. I have right now only finished a small hilltop fortified city, Monteriggioni. This is a real town and it is what inspired TS team to make the Store world "Monte Vista". I wanted to capture a more genuine Italian feel in this world and especially Monteriggioni, something I did not get in the Store world!

I am still very unsure on what to do outside of Monteriggioni, as the world is supposed to capture the best parts of Tuscany. I might add a larger town, something dense and vibrant, and a little larger than Monteriggioni. Perhaps also walled, like Praaven. I might also just leave it dotted with farms and small suburbs! I would really love to hear what you think, as I am really unsure. Also, if somebody could help out with getting TS3 Monte Vista objects like trees and the bridge to show up in the CAW data, PLEASE help!
Screenshots
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 22nd May 2019 at 8:04 AM
Monte Vista probably needs to be decrapified. I just googled for it I think. It's a rather ancient program, probably due to people supplying it to players who hasn't paid for the world.

Perhaps someone has a link for you. I'm in hospital and don't have my pc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2019 at 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Monte Vista probably needs to be decrapified. I just googled for it I think. It's a rather ancient program, probably due to people supplying it to players who hasn't paid for the world.

Perhaps someone has a link for you. I'm in hospital and don't have my pc.

ahhh alright, I never did this decrapify before haha. This world just wouldn|t look right with oak trees lol.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd May 2019 at 6:30 PM
I'm on mobile as well, but you should be able to find it on the More Awesome Than You forum. No need to register, they shared store content there so most likely they have a link or download for it.

Edit: Better here's a link to The Sims 3 Tutorial Hub, I have linked the page for the download to the s3rc uploaded by Gruesims. You'll find lots of useful stuff on this simblr as well.

https://sims3tutorialhub.tumblr.com/resources
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2019 at 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothsims
I'm on mobile as well, but you should be able to find it on the More Awesome Than You forum. No need to register, they shared store content there so most likely they have a link or download for it.

Edit: Better here's a link to The Sims 3 Tutorial Hub, I have linked the page for the download to the s3rc uploaded by Gruesims. You'll find lots of useful stuff on this simblr as well.

https://sims3tutorialhub.tumblr.com/resources

hey. I somehow got the bridge from MV, and the walls I use are MV recolors (I didnt want it to be so yellow/warm). I just really need the trees that came with MV, perhaps also the ruins.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd May 2019 at 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Monte Vista probably needs to be decrapified. I just googled for it I think. It's a rather ancient program, probably due to people supplying it to players who hasn't paid for the world.

Perhaps someone has a link for you. I'm in hospital and don't have my pc.

I am using your wall recolors in this world, are you fine with that? I did not think the yellow wall segments looked right here.
Screenshots
dodgy builder
#7 Old 23rd May 2019 at 3:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by engdalmagnus01
I am using your wall recolors in this world, are you fine with that? I did not think the yellow wall segments looked right here.


Oh do you? That's fine. You should probably import them into the .world file otherwise it will replace the original, that's what Crowkeeper said about ... something I got from her. Oh yes, recolors for her Angkor Wat temple building.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd May 2019 at 8:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by engdalmagnus01
hey. I somehow got the bridge from MV, and the walls I use are MV recolors (I didnt want it to be so yellow/warm). I just really need the trees that came with MV, perhaps also the ruins.


You may need to extract the objects from the world file using S3OC to get them to show up in CAW.

Here are some links to topics here on how to do that.
http://modthesims.info/t/469317
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothsims
You may need to extract the objects from the world file using S3OC to get them to show up in CAW.

Here are some links to topics here on how to do that.
http://modthesims.info/t/469317
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818

how do I open .world files in S3OC? And also, the .world file is the one under the folder "InstalledWorlds", right?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothsims
You may need to extract the objects from the world file using S3OC to get them to show up in CAW.

Here are some links to topics here on how to do that.
http://modthesims.info/t/469317
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818

Ok, so I finally found the .package(s) files for the trees and the rest. Though, it appears that just putting the files in my Packages folder for CAW works. They still dont show up in the catalog in CAW. Any ideas?
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th May 2019 at 8:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by engdalmagnus01
Ok, so I finally found the .package(s) files for the trees and the rest. Though, it appears that just putting the files in my Packages folder for CAW works. They still dont show up in the catalog in CAW. Any ideas?


If you cloned the object (tree, etc) as a standalone package to put in your package folder for CAW, you need to edit so it will show up in CAW. The second link gives a tutorial on how to do that using s3pe. You need to import the file, find/select the object file, hit Grid at the bottom and hit the drop down (+) for CommonBlock and change the last letter C to E, like this 0x0000000E - then hit commit. Select Grid again and then go back to CommonBlock and change the option to make it visible in world builder to "true" and change the build category flag for it to show up in trees like this, 0x00001000.

More detail and easier to understand link below.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th May 2019 at 9:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothsims
If you cloned the object (tree, etc) as a standalone package to put in your package folder for CAW, you need to edit so it will show up in CAW. The second link gives a tutorial on how to do that using s3pe. You need to import the file, find/select the object file, hit Grid at the bottom and hit the drop down (+) for CommonBlock and change the last letter C to E, like this 0x0000000E - then hit commit. Select Grid again and then go back to CommonBlock and change the option to make it visible in world builder to "true" and change the build category flag for it to show up in trees like this, 0x00001000.

More detail and easier to understand link below.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818

thank you so so much! finally got them! god bless you
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th May 2019 at 8:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by engdalmagnus01
thank you so so much! finally got them! god bless you


You are most welcome, glad I could be of help and everything worked out for you.
Alchemist
#14 Old 27th May 2019 at 7:09 AM
This is looking really good. I did a major redo of MV also. I did decrapify before I started so all showed up in CAW. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 5:43 PM
Been watching all of your world threads, can't wait to get my hands on some!
Back to top