Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Hobby Traits

by kutto Posted 10th Jun 2019 at 7:06 PM - Updated 25th Oct 2021 at 3:19 AM by kutto : New translation

96 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 8:33 PM
Thank you for making these! i also liked the other traits you released! can't wait to use these <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 9:01 PM
Ty for this mod, I had already loved the other trait pack that you made and now this one just adds more excitement to it.
Like I said before, I usually dont like trait mods but this one is an exception.
Theorist
#4 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 10:20 PM
Good idea I like it. Two things I would like to ask you. Does traits like artisan or scribe give skill bonuses to the following hobbies it depends from. Do you mind to make any negatives to all this traits?
Many thanks
Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Good idea I like it. Two things I would like to ask you. Does traits like artisan or scribe give skill bonuses to the following hobbies it depends from. Do you mind to make any negatives to all this traits?
Many thanks
Vic ^_^

Some of the traits in this set do give certain skill bonuses, but Artisan and Scribe specifically do not. If there is a popular sentiment that they should have a bonus, then I will consider adding them in the next version after the upcoming patch.

The negatives for the hobby traits are that not doing the associated activities will make them stressed out, Competitive Sims will really hate losing, and Technophobes obviously have a lot of stress dealing with any kind of science or computers. If you have ideas for other negative effects, please let me know.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:12 AM
Do the traits have any new moodlets? If they do, are the icons of the moodlets colorful? Because I'd love to get this mod if the icons for moodlets were like the official moodlets in the game aka one color.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:25 AM
YES!!! Thank you so much, you can make it Sharp-witted, Sarcastic, Confident, Active, Self-defense how learn fighting skill, Stoic Leader,
Mystery, Cowardice, Investigate, Attractive, and you can make it traits!!! :D
Theorist
#8 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 8:58 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 11th Jun 2019 at 9:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kutto
Some of the traits in this set do give certain skill bonuses, but Artisan and Scribe specifically do not. If there is a popular sentiment that they should have a bonus, then I will consider adding them in the next version after the upcoming patch.

The negatives for the hobby traits are that not doing the associated activities will make them stressed out, Competitive Sims will really hate losing, and Technophobes obviously have a lot of stress dealing with any kind of science or computers. If you have ideas for other negative effects, please let me know.

Noo. Meant not that. Do you plan to add traits that will replace this when add to sims as EA good and evil for example. My head was found some here as Technophilia that can be negative to Technophobes and Plants foe as negative to Horticulturist. I'd see Plans foe with skill penalties but with 100% resistant of being eaten by cowplant as a positive bonus)

Another example of negatives. I have kawaiistacie's Robots mod. It adds three traits. Robots themeselves with unique needs. Also robot haters and robot lovers for others. They negative to each other and effected to robots trait. Those are no valid for random so to add you need to enter CAS or use special computer she made.

Oh. I found another question when I was writing this. Does this traits made by you are valid for random sims will appeared?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 11:03 AM Last edited by rachaelora : 11th Jun 2019 at 11:16 AM.
Thank you for the horticulturist one! amazing work :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 12:51 PM
Thank you so much for the new traits. Really great and needed in my game.

Best regards from Austria

Eve
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aqua Sims
Do the traits have any new moodlets? If they do, are the icons of the moodlets colorful? Because I'd love to get this mod if the icons for moodlets were like the official moodlets in the game aka one color.

Some of the moodlets do have new icons, and I have made an effort to make sure they match with the vanilla game moodlets (I have the same preference as you). Positive moodlets use a pale blue icon, and negative moodlets use a greyscale one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Noo. Meant not that. Do you plan to add traits that will replace this when add to sims as EA good and evil for example. My head was found some here as Technophilia that can be negative to Technophobes and Plants foe as negative to Horticulturist. I'd see Plans foe with skill penalties but with 100% resistant of being eaten by cowplant as a positive bonus)

Another example of negatives. I have kawaiistacie's Robots mod. It adds three traits. Robots themeselves with unique needs. Also robot haters and robot lovers for others. They negative to each other and effected to robots trait. Those are no valid for random so to add you need to enter CAS or use special computer she made.

Oh. I found another question when I was writing this. Does this traits made by you are valid for random sims will appeared?

Ah okay, I think I understand the question now. Tinker and Technophobe already operate somewhat as opposites (which is why I included Technophobe in this pack even though it isn't really a hobby). I don't currently have plans to add opposite traits to the others, but Plant Foe is an interesting idea.

These traits are all valid for random selection on unplayed Sims so you may see them around your neighborhood. Tinker and Geek both conflict with Technophobe, though, so you won't see anyone with all three of those traits.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 6:26 PM
Just had to say THANK YOU ♥ Love what you do ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 9:08 PM
OMG! I been looking for a technophobe trait! The entire mod is amazing but that little addition is just the icing on the cake! Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 6:06 AM
I love this so much but keep getting a LE when trying to download
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 2:08 PM
I've always wanted a technophobe trait. Thank you for taking the time to really make it elaborate. Can't wait to try! :)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 5:05 AM
I love this so much! I have a question, I've used other custom traits before and they always show as unknown when you're getting to know someone who has that trait. Does that also happen with these? Is that something that will always happen with all custom traits? Just wondering since I have never found anything explaining that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vanillabuzz
I love this so much! I have a question, I've used other custom traits before and they always show as unknown when you're getting to know someone who has that trait. Does that also happen with these? Is that something that will always happen with all custom traits? Just wondering since I have never found anything explaining that.

All of my traits should be discoverable by other sims. Flerb taught me a way to fix that issue a while ago; it comes down to overly long ID numbers in the coding.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 2:08 PM
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 7:47 PM
"- Joke About Favorite Tool (Romance)" - This killed me, LOL!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 7:53 PM
Oh nice! Thank you for these I plan on making use of these one can never have enough traits
Instructor
#22 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 8:12 AM
Hello JillianWong

Does your traits need an update for the patch yesterday?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimsampagato
Can you please lengthen the days to maybe 20 days before the Tense buff shows up on the "Worldly" trait for not going on vacation? It's a bit too much for me because I play on long lifespan and going on vacation every 10 days is kinda weird. If you can't do that for some reason, I figured maybe simply traveling to another world than the one the sim is living in should at least count and reset the timer for the Tense buff.

In the next version, I think I will change this to 14 days by default, and I will add a longer version for 21 or 28 days.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 5:39 PM
Sorry if this sounds silly, but are your mods updated to the latest June 19th patch? I really enjoy the extra traits
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarahthebrat
Sorry if this sounds silly, but are your mods updated to the latest June 19th patch? I really enjoy the extra traits

Thanks, glad you like them.

I am still in the process of testing and updating these for the most recent patch, so they may act strangely for now. I'm hoping to see what needs fixing and put out an updated version quickly, and then looking at the new expansion and seeing which features need to be added a little later on down the line. Watch this space!
Page 1 of 4