Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Expanded Mermaids [ OUTDATED ]

by SpinningPlumbobs Posted 16th Jul 2019 at 3:53 PM - Updated 15th Sep 2023 at 4:50 AM by SpinningPlumbobs

511 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 367 Feedback Posts, 143 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 21
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 4:34 PM
i love this modddd <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 6:40 PM
Thank you for this mod. Tbh I think mermaids have too little gameplay and I love the fact that you added a bit more. Cant wait for your next ideas.
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 7:12 PM
Do you think that's possible creat a mermaid's life stats for kis?
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 7:22 PM
Quick question. Is this mod compatible with Wicked Perversions?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 7:42 PM
Oh :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc Love the new interactions, especially speed swim, kinda reminds me of H2O. Cannot wait to see how you expand the mod going forward, you're doing amazing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 8:08 PM
great work on this mod, Thank You!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 8:14 PM
This looks really great. I'll definitely give it a try! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 8:14 PM
i love this mod so much. I hope the mermaid can dive into the water and sleep, capable of damaging other sims. Sorry my english ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 12:00 AM
This is great! I was wondering if you would consider implementing a version of the vampire powers buy system? It might be a lot of work, but I think that would be a great way of creating more depth and makes it so that people have something rewarding to work towards. I also think that it would increase the time people can spend before they have seen it all and get bored (as is happening in the EA version). Anyway just some suggestions, I'm sure you've got enough plans already.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Talidara
This is great! I was wondering if you would consider implementing a version of the vampire powers buy system? It might be a lot of work, but I think that would be a great way of creating more depth and makes it so that people have something rewarding to work towards. I also think that it would increase the time people can spend before they have seen it all and get bored (as is happening in the EA version). Anyway just some suggestions, I'm sure you've got enough plans already.

Thank you! I don't think I'd be able to create something quite as complex as the Vampire powers system, but I'm planning to create a Mermaid Powers skill like I did with my previous mod, but with the ability to pick and choose what powers you are able to learn.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 12:27 AM
This is so cool! I love it. I suggest adding a mermaid power bar or just make the hydration bar to be like the vampires one but the colour blue. Oh and also maybe when a mermaid sim jumps from the ladder they transform to their tails while mid-air? <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 3:57 AM
Thanks! This looks great and I'll be sure to give it a try.

One of the most annoying things, in my opinion, about Island Living Mermaids, that you can maybe correct in a future version of this mod, is their inability to climb ladders out of the ocean. This makes no sense to me, given that they are perfectly capable of transitioning to legs in the water in order to hop on a boat, jet ski or other floating objects. Just do the same before climbing the ladder.

This mod does help address my other complaint about them, though. That being the prohibition from snorkeling. It just seems odd to me that they would add an Island world with an ocean-centric lifestate and then disable many of the new ocean activities for that lifestate. Why not just skip the "put on mask/fins" step and let the mermaid swim around over the reef au naturale? Like I said though, this mod helps with that already by letting them dive anywhere, but maybe you could expand that to include the "snorkel" activity as I described above.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 6:18 AM
Fantastic ! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 8:38 AM
Thanks for this. Can't wait to see what's next for your mermaid mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 11:34 AM
this is really great mod. i absolutely loved your previos mermaid mod, can't wait to see how you will combine ea's mermaids powers with yours
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 12:21 PM
This is a fantastic mod!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see what you add to it from your previous mod... Thank you so much.....
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 12:52 PM
Thank you for this mod. I had so much hope for this EP and was very dissapointed that it was nothing even close to Island Paradise (I do not want it to be the same but a little more depth would have been nice, but no we got a shallow EP like always in Sims 4. I really regret buying it. This mod is very welcome and maybe makes me enjoy this game once more.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 1:21 PM
Thanks! Can't wait to try this out.
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 3:28 PM
Hi! Thank you for making this mod.
It would be amazing if you add the function that mermaids are able to swim underwater (not rabbit hole dive) both in ocean and any pool. Since I dunno why EA decided to ban mermaid to do that....
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 4:03 PM
I agree that diving underwater and being able to see the mermaids would be amazing ! I know that is a big stretch though lol and I love this mod and I can not wait to see what you do with this! I hope to see more mermaid powers to build a story with such as , a relationship /friendship level with the fish in your aquariums , the ability to call other mermaids in the area to your location with mermaid sonar, more negative/evil sim powers such as drowning sims ,maybe clicking on pollution and luring them to the gross pile in the ocean , which says interaction (drown by pollution) or (pollution karma)! humans should be held responsible for throwing their junk in the ocean :O I would also like to see a special object for mermaid marriages only , like the blowing conch shell to marry mermaids in a wedding ceremony. That way it would not just be used for making noise Maybe a mermaid aspiration of some type , a good versus evil mermaid type of aspiration . I noticed that sims did not add an aspiration for mermaids and was very shocked because even the vampires had aspirations. I also think it would be awesome to have a mermaid power for you to check the gender of your sims baby , through mermaid waterbirth sonar, maybe even make it possible for a mermaid to give birth in the ocean by having a interaction called (water birth) when they deliver. I also had this idea for a mermaid event , called (mermaid initiation)or (Mermaid Welcome committee) where your sim could host an event to contact all the mermaid family and friends for a party to welcome a new mermaid into their community. I know this was a lot to chew on but I had all this stuff popping into my head. Anyways hope my idea's help with the future development of this mod and thanks for having the patience to read it all haha! sorry forgot to mention I really loved your mermaid skill line and moon pool idea and thing it would be amazing to implement into the new life state
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 7:57 PM
Hi

Great Mod, but...

https://de.share-your-photo.com/a71a39d640
https://de.share-your-photo.com/332312a94f
https://de.share-your-photo.com/9e612bb601
https://de.share-your-photo.com/f929270fef

I am from Germany, can it be that why nothing is displayed?
You may need a language file to do this.
The mod works easily, but I do not know what I click! ^^

I have sims 4 on the laptop without any mods to test the mods.
Also deleted cache files.
The same problem.
Would be glad if you could do something about it.
Hope you can open my links too.

Thanks to you, for this ingenious mod
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dragonier
Hi

Great Mod, but...

https://de.share-your-photo.com/a71a39d640
https://de.share-your-photo.com/332312a94f
https://de.share-your-photo.com/9e612bb601
https://de.share-your-photo.com/f929270fef

I am from Germany, can it be that why nothing is displayed?
You may need a language file to do this.
The mod works easily, but I do not know what I click! ^^

I have sims 4 on the laptop without any mods to test the mods.
Also deleted cache files.
The same problem.
Would be glad if you could do something about it.
Hope you can open my links too.

Thanks to you, for this ingenious mod

So sorry, I completely forgot to copy the STBLs to all languages. I’ll update the mod as soon as possible. As for translations, if anyone wants to translate the mod and send the files to me, I’m more than happy to incorporate them.
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SpinningPlumbobs
So sorry, I completely forgot to copy the STBLs to all languages. I’ll update the mod as soon as possible.

Very nice thank you
Forum Resident
#25 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 10:04 PM
Default So Cool!
YES! YES! YES! Wonderful! I was hoping for a mesmerizing siren's call to lure Sims to me. Will it work on NPCs? Or do I need to create my own townies? Can't wait to try it!

<OK Ulysses, you're in for it now!!>
Page 1 of 21