Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Keep Tablets In Inventory

by FerrisWheelable Posted 20th Jul 2019 at 4:23 PM - Updated 23rd Jul 2020 at 5:05 AM by FerrisWheelable : Mod Status

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 5:17 PM
Can we do this with books? My sims places them on the floor. It's the weirdest thing I have ever seen.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nintai
Can we do this with books? My sims places them on the floor. It's the weirdest thing I have ever seen.

YES! I noticed this too but mine will set them down on the table and then sit at the table. I can't stop it and I imagine it's why libraries are always messy with books all over the floor. The poor librarian has to follow our Sims around like they are puppies leaving messes behind them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 6:18 PM Last edited by FerrisWheelable : 20th Jul 2019 at 6:31 PM. Reason: Formatting, clarification, spelling, grammar
Quote: Originally posted by Nintai

Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
YES! I noticed this too but mine will set them down on the table and then sit at the table. I can't stop it and I imagine it's why libraries are always messy with books all over the floor. The poor librarian has to follow our Sims around like they are puppies leaving messes behind them.

If you're using MC Command Center (MCCC), it contains a "Put Away Books Fix" under its gameplay settings, where sims always return books to a shelf when they're done. That's the only mod I'm aware of that fixes this behavior and that is currently updated.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 7:15 PM
Bless you, bless you, bless you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 7:38 PM
Thank you so much!! Putting the tablets down all over the place really bugged me.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 9:16 PM
Thank you! The most frustrating thing was trying to FIND the tablet after the toddler put it down.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FerrisWheelable
If you're using MC Command Center (MCCC), it contains a "Put Away Books Fix" under its gameplay settings, where sims always return books to a shelf when they're done. That's the only mod I'm aware of that fixes this behavior and that is currently updated.

Thanks for the idea but the MCCC book fix seems to be broken for many players including myself. Without it my sim sits at the table. With it my sims places the book on the ground.
I try to use MCCC for whatever I can. It's a life saver. I appreciate you sharing this because maybe it will work for someone else.

Edit: thank you so much for this! Even without books you saved our tablets.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 12:02 PM
My English is not very good, but I want to say thank you very much. I need this very much.
Smeg Head
#10 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 6:10 PM
Get them to put books in their inventories, and your public library venues will be emptied of books very quickly. You have been warned.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 6:54 AM
Thank you! I always hated how they never keep their tablets after they use them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 9:31 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Get them to put books in their inventories, and your public library venues will be emptied of books very quickly. You have been warned.

Now thats what I really don't want, haha
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 2:45 AM
This is great! I have some teens that leave their tablets in the weirdest places (and don't have them when I want them to have them on vacation!)
I don't have any current toddlers to test the Wabbit on. Hopefully this doesn't conflict with the new patch they gave us this week.
Now if I could only find one so that they didn't leave their instruments in weird places!
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 4:07 AM
Will this work with NPCs? Weirdly, sims that spawn on my lot would leave tablets lying around everywhere. And when I try to put in my inventory, it won't allow me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicann7
Will this work with NPCs? Weirdly, sims that spawn on my lot would leave tablets lying around everywhere. And when I try to put in my inventory, it won't allow me.

That definitely sounds weird. I've personally never seen NPCs autonomously place things down from their inventory on any of my lots. That's what's happening normally without this mod, right? Do you know if they are they using the tablets and then placing them down after, or if they are just placing them down? If it's the former, this mod may help. This mod changes the preferred place to put down tablets to be in a sim's inventory after they are done using them, though I'm not 100% sure it works with NPCs. You could try using this mod and seeing if it helps. If you do, please report back with the outcome. As for why you can't place their tablets in your inventory, I'm pretty sure sims can't put items in their inventories that aren't marked as owned by them.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 9:32 PM
Thank you! It bothered me how I get two of these for both toddlers, and they kept placing them somewhere else. Just keep them already.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 4:17 AM
As a 100 Baby challenger, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 7:04 PM
Tried the Wabbit Tablet flavor for the first time in my test save, and it seems to work with the August 2019 patch. Thanks for making this, by the way!
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 5:40 AM
@FerrisWheelable
Could we please get an update that also has this for the Stylist career's Digitalistic Sketchpad? It's yet another tablet computer like the slablet and the wabbit tablet.

Either way, thanks for this, it's such a great fix for a dumb behavior. I can't believe the base game works the way it does.

Edit: Actually, okay, I can believe it, given all the other dumb things they do, but still...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Felice
@FerrisWheelable
Could we please get an update that also has this for the Stylist career's Digitalistic Sketchpad? It's yet another tablet computer like the slablet and the wabbit tablet.

Either way, thanks for this, it's such a great fix for a dumb behavior. I can't believe the base game works the way it does.

Edit: Actually, okay, I can believe it, given all the other dumb things they do, but still...

Hello! Have you tried Nies' Sketchpad in inventory fix? This mod was made based on hers, so it should function exactly the same, but for the Digitalistic Sketchpad.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 6:10 PM
I'm assuming from the above comments this still works, right?

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
I'm assuming from the above comments this still works, right?

Yes, I just checked, and this mod still works with the RoM patch (v1.55.105).
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FerrisWheelable
Hello! Have you tried Nies' Sketchpad in inventory fix? This mod was made based on hers, so it should function exactly the same, but for the Digitalistic Sketchpad.

Oh, duh, I'm an idiot, I hadn't seen that! Thanks for the heads-up!

Also, in that case, thanks for seeing the opportunity to extend their mod to these other tablets. The sketchpad is annoying, but the wabbit tablets are a nightmare if you're doing a baby challenge of any kind.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 7:04 PM Last edited by Starry Might : 7th Oct 2019 at 10:21 PM. Reason: It works!
I'm testing the Wabbit Tablet flavor as I'm typing this, but it doesn't seem to be working as intended now. Evie Delgato acts like she puts it in her inventory, but then she proceeds to place it on a surface. (At first, I though this was DEVOURING the Wabbit Tablets, until I discovered that they're getting put on surfaces instead. )

EDIT: Weirdly, Nie's Sketchpad in Inventory (which this is based on) still works as intended according to the quick test I just did. Maybe it's a toddler/ Wabbit Tablet issue?

EDIT #2: Aaaaand I'm officially a moron because I somehow didn't even have it installed! (*FACEPALM++*) I'll have to do a proper test soon, I'm VERY sorry!

EDIT #3: It's working (getting into the actual game was tricky due to the current Origin outages, but I managed somehow!). Sorry 'bout all that, at least the mod's not broken after all!

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Page 1 of 2