Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mulholland

by moleskine Posted 29th Jul 2019 at 4:51 PM - Updated 28th Aug 2019 at 11:30 AM by moleskine

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 1:48 AM
Oooh I like the use of those windows as a garage door. Super cute house!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 12:03 AM
I love it!
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 9:55 PM
How did you do the driveway?!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jasperville
How did you do the driveway?!

It's just a lot of careful work with the raise/lower terrain tools.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 8:48 AM
Thank you Moleskine.

This is great. I really love it. The floor-plan is absolutely wonderful. It's very efficient and I like how the house makes perfect use of the land. It reminds me of how we used to struggle to build houses in Southern California -Houses that come to nearly the edge of the property without being obnoxious looking. Mc.Mansions people call them - no front yard, no back yard...

As a home-builder for 35 years and an architect for 23 I think I actually want to build this house in real life. For a long time I have often used the Sims games to show my customers what their house could look like, even back to TS1. That is to say it is common practice for me to make a customers house in 'The Sims' and show it to them and let them edit stuff. They love it - Will Wright would like that too, after all - he was trying to make an architect program originally not a game.

That all being said, again - I really appreciate this house. It's gunna be a lot of fun for my sims and me too. In reality, if I ever set up another construction company again in SoCal, I'll probably build this house or something that really closely resembles it.

Again Thanx
-Awesome
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 9:39 PM
Thank you for your kind words! This was a lot of fun to build. I wish I could take credit for the floorplan, but I found the house on one of those houseplan websites. I'm really glad you like my interpretation of it.

Quote: Originally posted by ahmird2
Thank you Moleskine.

This is great. I really love it. The floor-plan is absolutely wonderful. It's very efficient and I like how the house makes perfect use of the land. It reminds me of how we used to struggle to build houses in Southern California -Houses that come to nearly the edge of the property without being obnoxious looking. Mc.Mansions people call them - no front yard, no back yard...

As a home-builder for 35 years and an architect for 23 I think I actually want to build this house in real life. For a long time I have often used the Sims games to show my customers what their house could look like, even back to TS1. That is to say it is common practice for me to make a customers house in 'The Sims' and show it to them and let them edit stuff. They love it - Will Wright would like that too, after all - he was trying to make an architect program originally not a game.

That all being said, again - I really appreciate this house. It's gunna be a lot of fun for my sims and me too. In reality, if I ever set up another construction company again in SoCal, I'll probably build this house or something that really closely resembles it.

Again Thanx
-Awesome
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 12:11 AM
Hello! first I gotta say, I absolutely love your interpretation of this house construct. Im very new to the mods community and not sure if this is a dumb question but where exactly to I find the downloaded house in my sims game? I cant quite find it, thank you !
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Curlysue
Hello! first I gotta say, I absolutely love your interpretation of this house construct. Im very new to the mods community and not sure if this is a dumb question but where exactly to I find the downloaded house in my sims game? I cant quite find it, thank you !

Thanks! I know it's been a few days since you posted, so I hope you've found the house by now. In case you haven't, here are the basic instructions for downloading and installing items. Once you've installed the house, you can find it in the My Library tab of the gallery.

Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .bpi .trayitem and .blueprint file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Tray Folder: Cut and paste all files into your Tray folder:
Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray\
Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray\
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 9:23 PM
I love this! Especially the big space outside, looks great.
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ahmird2
Thank you Moleskine.

Again Thanx
-Awesome

This comment hit home. As an urban studies/urban planning adjunct, (just call me an "urbanologist" lol) I often tell my students to use games such as sims to hone their skills. They laugh when i tell them how many hours i spend building and decorating. But for those of us that play, we are familiar with the planning and (urban) designing aspects of this game. As an architect I can *TOTALLY* see its usefulness in your trade. I'm glad someone else also uses this game in real life scenarios.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 11:11 AM
...and of course I forgot to comment about this lot. LOL I love mid-century so this is right up my alley. I especially love the fact that it is clutterless and spacious. Thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th May 2022 at 11:59 PM
Lovely, I must have!!!! Thank you!!!