Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Towel Mod

by simler90 Posted 18th Aug 2019 at 3:05 PM - Updated 12th Jun 2021 at 3:04 PM by simler90 : UPDATE 20

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 3:27 PM
This is a very neat addition to gameplay! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 5:41 PM
Your mods are so immersive and feels like something that should have already be in the game, thank you so much.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 2:36 PM
This is amazing and I wish I could use it but I have a feeling it will conflict with the "Dress me correctly" mod by MogHughson here on MTS. I wish there would be a version to incorporate both mods somehow
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#5 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laura633
This is amazing and I wish I could use it but I have a feeling it will conflict with the "Dress me correctly" mod by MogHughson here on MTS. I wish there would be a version to incorporate both mods somehow

Yeah, I guess it doesn't work well with that mod.

This mod also affects pregnant sims, thus making them look like not pregnant when they wear towel.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 6:36 PM
Nifty. I love anything that adds a more randomized feel to the game.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 3:25 PM
Hi. This mod causes my sims to freeze-up and the active sim's plumbob to disappear as soon as I enter any residential lot. They do not even show the breathing animation and all actions are instantly cancled. I have every EP up to BV and no stuff packs.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 8:51 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 18th Sep 2019 at 8:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Effelenn
Hi. This mod causes my sims to freeze-up and the active sim's plumbob to disappear as soon as I enter any residential lot. They do not even show the breathing animation and all actions are instantly cancled. I have every EP up to BV and no stuff packs.

Dang, that's scary! Have you tried with no other mods or CC, just this mod, to make sure that it's not a conflict? I'll have to try this one out in my own game and see if I have any issues.
Edit: I've been playing with this mod in for a couple of days and have not seen any freeze-up or disappearing plumbob issues. My sims have been going on dates, buying new clothes, making friends, and generally behaving as I would expect.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 1:08 AM
This may very well be a "working as designed" thing but I noticed last night when playing on the Games of Glory hobby lot that a sim not in my active household took a shower and then came out of the bathroom to use the computer still in her towel. It struck me as odd and out of place for the setting. I think maybe the only hobby lots where wandering about in a towel might look semi-normal would be Sports and Fitness.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 7:54 PM
I really like the feature where sims will sometimes change into their sleepwear or underwear after a shower
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 4:45 PM
Hello! Could you make a version that works with hot tubs? Or at least make the previous versions of the mod downloadable. Thank you for making these cool mods, they make the game much better!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#12 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 9:21 PM
I had an interesting experience playing a Sim at an university and decided to get to the bottom of an issue with my Sim using the shower at her dorm. Before I delve into the details of the issue, I use the Temperature mods (special versions with my own edits to the warmth values as directed on the main page of your Temperature mods thread) from your other thread, your towel mod (Advanced version 20) and Pescados' bathroomusesyou mod.

Pescado's mod is a controller of sorts to be placed in a bathroom with a shower and a stall toilet. What this mod do is to scan the lot for any Sim with low bladder and hygiene and then send that Sim to the appropriate bathroom (gender-based) to use the toilet and shower. This mod is extremely useful in managing dorms with a lot of Sims so I don't have to worry about them taking care of their needs.

An issue became apparent after having 10 dead Sims on the lot..

These 10 Sims were stuck in a vicious cycle - taking showers and then wearing towels repeatedly. These cycles sent them into motive failure - getting overheated and/or starving to death.

I removed the towel mod from my mods folder and restarted the game to test my theory about the towel mod preventing Sims from exiting the shower and bathroom. The Sims exited the shower and left the bathroom. Bathroomusesyou kicked them out actually with success.

These Sims now can use the bathrooms without getting stuck in those vicious cycles as mentioned.

Something in the recent updated towel mod is not working well with the Temperature mods and Pescado's bathroomusesyou mod. Hopefully it won't be a huge issue fixing the towel mod. I had to take it out and set it aside for now.
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Oct 2022 at 7:30 PM
Just came to also confirm there is a sim-killing loop with the bathroomusesyou mod. I'm not a modder, but I am a programmer, so I'm going to try and fix it if Simler doesnt have time to. Shame, because I absolutely adore this mod, and very nearly chose it over bathroomusesyou.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2023 at 2:20 PM
I absolutely love this mod, the only one thing I would add (if possible) - if there are any non-family, non-romantic partner sims visiting the lot I would prefer sims to change instantly into their everyday or PJs. It looks silly when they are wandering around in a towel and have visitors!

By the way, I use it with dress me correctly, and there are no errors at all. I assume this mod is overwriting dress me correctly, but it doesn't matter - as DMC will still work in any situation that this mod does not cover, such as children etc. (I use my own edit which uses everyday instead of maternity for pregnant sims).

If you want pregnant sims to appear pregnant while in their towels, grab the default replacement mesh here (it's in the BV set): https://modthesims.info/d/237740/ad...orphs-v1-1.html

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...