Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 4 Mortician Career (With Custom Chance Cards)

by marlynsims Posted 26th Aug 2019 at 3:14 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2020 at 5:44 PM by MarieLynette : edited title & removed some irrelevant text about photos

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 8:01 PM
Hey, this seems really neat! It almost feels like this should've been part of the vanilla game (like how Sims 3 had graveyard keeping shifts)

I'm eager to try it out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 4:00 PM
Interesting career, I love it! Thank you so much!
Can I translate it into Chinese and share it with other Chinese players? I will definitely note your name and the original link.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xkx
Interesting career, I love it! Thank you so much!
Can I translate it into Chinese and share it with other Chinese players? I will definitely note your name and the original link.

Thank you! I'm not okay with anyone re-uploading or editing my stuff. If you would like to, then feel free to translate and send it over to me, I will add it to my upload and credit you in the desciption.
Thanks again
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 7:36 PM
it's one of very few useful careers ideas out there, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 12:53 PM
My dream job is to become a mortician, so thank you for creating this! ^.^
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 5:57 PM Last edited by Eggyslav : 29th Aug 2019 at 6:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dead.rose.petals
My dream job is to become a mortician, so thank you for creating this! ^.^

Seriously? Your dream job is to deal with corpses? That's an interesting vocational choice, but you are aware that not all of your "clients" will be delivered in one piece? That you'll have to deal with mutilated murder or car crash victims, bloated and rotting bodies found in the wild, and miscarriaged fetuses? And you know you'll have to deal with a lot of blood, maggots and Feces (You are aware that in the moment of death the sphincter loosens, releasing the contents of the deceased intestines)? Do you know how nasty Buthyric fermentation is? And you know that while dressing the corpse that still is under the effect of Rigor Mortis you will have to break it's bones, just to put a jacket on it? If you still wish to be a mortician, despite all of I said, well, then follow your dreams!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eggyslav
Seriously? Your dream job is to deal with corpses? That's an interesting vocational choice, but you are aware that not all of your "clients" will be delivered in one piece? That you'll have to deal with mutilated murder or car crash victims, bloated and rotting bodies found in the wild, and miscarriaged fetuses? And you know you'll have to deal with a lot of blood, maggots and Feces (You are aware that in the moment of death the sphincter loosens, releasing the contents of the deceased intestines)? Do you know how nasty Buthyric fermentation is? And you know that while dressing the corpse that still is under the effect of Rigor Mortis you will have to break it's bones, just to put a jacket on it? If you still wish to be a mortician, despite all of I said, well, then follow your dreams!

Don't over think it! It's a way to have your in-game hospital complete or start on the road of mad scientist. I think this is great! I have so many mods that will go great with this career! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 8:26 PM
Love it! I hate making the same sims over and over again, and having unique careers to choose between adds to the variety! Thanks for this!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 7:17 AM
So how did you managed to get chance cards into the game? Was it due to the sims 4 studio update?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gyrobot
So how did you managed to get chance cards into the game? Was it due to the sims 4 studio update?

I dunno what you mean about the sims 4 studio update, but I wrote the codes out for it myself.
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarieLynette
Thank you! I'm not okay with anyone re-uploading or editing my stuff. If you would like to, then feel free to translate and send it over to me, I will add it to my upload and credit you in the desciption.
Thanks again

Alright, so I just attach my translation here. Hope it can be helpful.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS_MarieLynette_1868875_marlynsims_Mortician_Career.rar (520.3 KB, 950 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 3:43 AM
Its a mod I didn't know I needed and I wont be able to "live" without
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 2:39 PM
Great, thank you very much for this mod...I love the custom chance cards and hope you will create more new careers like this including these cards.

Best regards from Austria

Eve
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 9:05 PM
Finally! thank u sm for this <33333333333
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 12:15 AM
Are you going to update this?? Or does it even need a update??
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 3:41 PM
has this been updated??
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 5:53 PM
This is everything!
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 4:48 AM
Is this working? I would like to add it to my game. Thanks.
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 4:36 AM
Hi! The new patch for the Eco pack broke all custom careers -- Do you have plans to update this one?

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PeppaMintea
Hi! The new patch for the Eco pack broke all custom careers -- Do you have plans to update this one?

Thank you!

It's been updated since June 7th! Haha, same day you commented )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jamesjak77
Is this working? I would like to add it to my game. Thanks.

yep its working x
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 9:43 AM
I'm confused about the career commons package that comes with some careers. I see yours doesn't this time, but I have more than one custom career that does. Do I keep them all? That seems like it would lead to errors. Do you/anyone know how to tell which one to keep?

Thank you for updating these! I was just going through all my careers because everything is so broken right now and none of my people will go to work! I didn't realize you were marlynsims (though it make sense seeing your name lol), I've been searching this site for you for days lol
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 10:22 PM
Is this working with the new patch update?
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 4:49 PM
This is epic awesome. I can't wait to play it.
Page 1 of 2