Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 11:01 PM
I want to get a promotion but I don't have enough friends.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
"Making dinner - oh, I have to clean the counter and sink right now. Hey what's that smell? OMG THE STOVE IS ON FIRE!!!!"

Lucky I don't have this as anymore with free will off, and mods for no cooking fires and MUCH less burning food.

=
Been there, done that. In Real Life. Husband interrupting me playing Sims, "Were you going to cook something? Dear?" ME: OMG leaping out of chair.. Husband: I already took care of it, you had an empty pan on high heat. Good thing it was empty or you would have started a fire...again. But the pan is trash.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#53 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 1:31 AM
Gotta eat breakfast one at a time so we won't be late for school/work from being such chatterboxes.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
Gotta eat breakfast one at a time so we won't be late for school/work from being such chatterboxes.

==
I have a mod to stop that, but even a single person takes an hour to eat a sandwich. Ever watch a teen age boy eat a sandwich? Chomp, gulp, glumfp, glump, chomp..DONE!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#55 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 9:49 AM

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1500.0
Mad Poster
#56 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 12:36 PM
I recall Andrew and Julian eating hamburgers at the Veronaville Swim Centre's poolside restaurant not long after it opened. Andrew and Julian are not the sort of teenage boys who only talk in grunts. They chatted so much over their hamburgers that they were hungrier at the end of their meal than when they sat down. I had to send them home to get something to eat!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 1:25 PM
@AndrewGloria, are you able to play yet? I've felt so sorry for you because I know how attached you are to Andrew

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#58 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 9:07 PM
"I feel like making dinner on the grill tonight. OK so to get to the grill and table out back, should I take the easy way down the hall and out the back door right to it or go down the hall, through the living room, out the front door, around the whole house to get to it? Front door it is."
Instructor
#59 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rollingstarr
I want to get a promotion but I don't have enough friends.

There's a mod on here somewhere that you don't need friends. I never heard of anyone hearing from their boss "I'd love to give you a promotion, but I'll need you to make 2 more friends first."
Mad Poster
#60 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 9:38 PM
I find the needed friends challenging - can't complain about that at all ( It's not what you know, my Sim, it is whom you know that will get you ahead in life faster )
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 9:51 PM
Or maybe they just wanted to make it more difficult to get ahead for arbitrary reasons, just like real life. Honestly, that kind of thing would seriously set back a lot of people. I have like three friends total because I don't go out and meet people or talk to people very much. Here's to the shy, introverted, and socially anxious.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#62 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 9:51 PM
"Ah, after that promotion, I can take the rest of the day off. They gave it to me as a bonus..but I just wanna go back to work so I can earn enough money for that vacation in the next 20 years at the rate I'm making money..."

Ah, the joys of enforcing limits on jobs and wages!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#63 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 10:05 PM
I like things easier, not harder.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I find the needed friends challenging - can't complain about that at all ( It's not what you know, my Sim, it is whom you know that will get you ahead in life faster )

I agree with all of this except the part about finding it challenging. I never see sims who actually need more friends for a promotion; they always have far more than they need.

But I'm sure there are plenty of irl careers where advancement requires building friendships. Probably not just random friends with any random schmucks, but where you have to schmooze to get the higher-ups and investors, etc to like you.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 11:04 PM
I have a mod that allows the entire hood to be called whether the sim knows them or not. I just line up a bunch of calls for him and bing bang boom, promotion time!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#66 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 12:01 AM
There's a business perk that gives you that.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
AndrewGloria, are you able to play yet? I've felt so sorry for you because I know how attached you are to Andrew
Sadly I'm still unable to play. I can't find all the stuff I need to run the game, after our Real Life house move. See my recent posts in the Random Thoughts thread. But when I do get the game running I'll be heading for 19 Chorus Court, and I'll be hanging out with Andrew and his mum for a long time!

Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
I like things easier, not harder.
So do my Sims!

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I never see sims who actually need more friends for a promotion; they always have far more than they need.
I'm the same! I've never had a Sim who had to make new friends just for a promotion. For Sims who don't live alone all the kids' and housemates' friends count towards the total as well as their own.

Anyway Andrew (he's my best friend remember) disapproves. He thinks making friends just to get a promotion is shallow -- that's just using them. Naturally shy himself (despite a very outgoing mother), Andrew has a high concept of friendship. "Your friends are the ones who are there for you when the chips are down," he says.

Come to think of it, most of my friends are Sims.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 3:13 AM
[...] I'm sure there are plenty of irl careers where advancement requires building friendships. Probably not just random friends with any random schmucks, but where you have to schmooze to get the higher-ups and investors, etc to like you.
For all its flaws, this is one thing I think The Sims 3 did right over 2. There, not every career requires making friends to advance (I recall the Science career being like this), and even the ones that do (usually, at least) specifically require those friends to be your Sim's coworkers and/or boss.

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Come to think of it, most of my friends are Sims.
Okay, you owe me a new monitor, keyboard, and ginger ale.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 3:25 AM
Honestly the job promotion thing doesn't bother me too much. My Sims would progress too quickly in their careers without it. I just think it's incredibly silly compared to real life, although knowing people definitely can help in someone's professional career.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
For all its flaws, this is one thing I think The Sims 3 did right over 2. There, not every career requires making friends to advance (I recall the Science career being like this), and even the ones that do (usually, at least) specifically require those friends to be your Sim's coworkers and/or boss.

Yep, agree 100%. In TS3's Law Enforcement, as one example, a sim needed to have a good relationship with their partner, who would be another sim in the Law Enforcement career track. I think that was the only friend they needed, but it was required.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Sadly I'm still unable to play. I can't find all the stuff I need to run the game, after our Real Life house move. See my recent posts in the Random Thoughts thread. But when I do get the game running I'll be heading for 19 Chorus Court, and I'll be hanging out with Andrew and his mum for a long time!

Why oh why didn't you put your computer stuff into a box that would come personally with you in the car?

Yep, agree 100%. In TS3's Law Enforcement, as one example, a sim needed to have a good relationship with their partner, who would be another sim in the Law Enforcement career track. I think that was the only friend they needed, but it was required.

That would be cool if it could be implemented for TS 2. Might even make me take out my no friends required hack.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 8:52 AM
I agree with all of this except the part about finding it challenging. I never see sims who actually need more friends for a promotion; they always have far more than they need.

But I'm sure there are plenty of irl careers where advancement requires building friendships. Probably not just random friends with any random schmucks, but where you have to schmooze to get the higher-ups and investors, etc to like you.

I guess it depends on the sim, the career and the hood - some careers require more friends than others, I had this sim in the journalism career who always was a friend or two short when promotion time rolled around - he wasn't bad at making friends, he was bad at keeping them I just think of it as networking
Mad Poster
#73 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 10:21 AM
I hate having to clog my relationships panel with friends that I don't really care about just for work. And then you have to keep up with them.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 6:28 PM
I've been stuck in this "wanting to play but not wanting to play" state for a while now and I'm now thinking about playing Pleasantview as I have never properly done so, but I'm not really sure. Playing in the original hood kind of seems like a waste of time to me as it's not linked to my usual hood in any way and so it won't progress, however I'm also a bit scared to add it as a subhood, as I feel like it may "mess up the harmony" in the main hood.

And so I probably won't get around to playing for another few weeks, because I'm like that.

Ugh.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 4:49 AM

The friend requirement is the hardest promotion requirement for me... but still much easier than it was in The Sims 1, for multiple reasons. I never reached level 10 in Sims 1 careers without using outside programs like The Sims Edit.
Page 3 of 5