Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

School Mods

by simler90 Posted 17th Sep 2019 at 5:01 AM - Updated 27th Sep 2022 at 8:01 AM by simler90

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 4:00 PM
I love the idea of this mod, but 100 simoleans/day seems like an awful lot to me. Would you be willing to make a version that's 25 per day?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 4:30 PM
Same as Corylea. I think 50 would be a good option too. Not too cheap not too expensive. Otherwise great idea!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 5:36 PM
Really? I've been subtracting a 1000 per week per child. This will seem like a gift to them!

I've been looking for something like this for years. Thank you
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I've been looking for something like this for years.

privateschoolbillfix from MATY was always an option...the cost is a little different, §200 per day per household, regardless of how many children and teens are in private school. Could be more expensive or cheaper than this one, depending on how many private school students are in the household. I don't often use private school, but I've had privateschoolbillfix in forever. And I've never had an issue being able to afford the cost. I suppose with this one, if a sim has 6 kids in private school it could be a bit expensive. People who often play with large families might find privateschoolbillfix a better fit for them, though I think that one still charges on snow days so if that's an issue for anyone then this one is probably a better fit.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 9:57 PM
All my Sim Children are smart. They go on scholarship...
Alchemist
#7 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
I love the idea of this mod, but 100 simoleans/day seems like an awful lot to me. Would you be willing to make a version that's 25 per day?

Quote: Originally posted by Calico1992
Same as Corylea. I think 50 would be a good option too. Not too cheap not too expensive. Otherwise great idea!

It's a very simple change if you'd like to make it yourself. See screenshot. Change that number to whatever you want.

@simler90, I like the friends fix quite a lot. I'm happy to see you separating mods this way and informing people how to tune them as well. Customization is good.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
It's a very simple change if you'd like to make it yourself.

Thank you so much!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 2:31 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 18th Sep 2019 at 2:44 AM.
I suppose it's a surpise to no one that the "School Bring Home Friend Mod" would conflict with Cyjon's mods that address the same issues: "Hobby Friend Sanity" and "School Hobby Friend Fix"

I assume "School bus - bring friend dialog" by twojeffs would also conflict as Cyjon lists it as a conflict with "School Hobby Friend Fix."

As the simler90 mod addresses issues with vacation locals and teens with jobs, it looks like a clear upgrade.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I've been looking for something like this for years. Thank you

@smorbie1 and anyone else looking for the functionality of Private School Mod: Monique's computer (here on MTS, but updated for AL by a third party, here) has had this functionality for many years also, so if you already have or were wanting that in your game, you also wouldn't need this mod...unless you want to mod the amount of the fee to be lower, as Sunrader advised.

On Monique's object, you just want School>Private School Fees ON. (If the option for you is "Private School Fees OFF" then you've already got them turned on.) This means that you can easily turn private school fees on or off for each household---so as an example in my hood, orphaned teens don't pay private-school tuition, and sometimes those with special relationships to the Minister of Education don't either.

Besides removing sims from private school (to put them in public school instead), Monique's computer will also automatically place/re-place them in private school whenever family funds are sufficient. (If you don't want sims automatically put in private school and would rather do the headmaster or get them in some other way , then just don't turn on the Private School Fees option until they've already gotten into private school.)

Monique's computer charges varied fees per day for private school, depending on the student's current grade---less for great grades (down to $125 a day, I think) and more for poor grades (up to around $300 a day, I think). Tuition is charged one hour before the student is due to come home from school, so it will never charge them on a day when they are not supposed to be in school.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 11:49 PM
You're really on a roll aren't you? These are fantastic, thank you!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 8:43 PM
I was thinking about this mod and some of your other mods, and I thought: what if you made private school cheaper for sims living in Downtown (or more expensive for those living elsewhere)? The logic in my mind is that the private school is "located" downtown so the extra fees are for students needing to be bused in (we have a similar situation irl for my kid's own school, even though it is not a private school, but a "choice" school as it is the only one in the district to offer French Immersion; we live close enough to walk as we do in fact live downtown, lol, but a lot of people are very angry about the costs for their children riding the bus and most simply drive their children to school as it often is a lot cheaper, but in the game we could say that all enrolled private school families outside downtown have to pay "for the bus" even if their children do no in fact ride it). Just a thought, since it seems to be in line with the sort of mods you've been doing. No idea if it's possible, though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 9:00 PM
These are great ideas, especially the leave early one and the friends from school, thank you!! Never would have thought I needed them until you ♥
Mad Poster
#14 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 5:32 PM
Unfortunately HCDU shows a conflict between School Grade Mod and syberspunk's Harder Grades:

Mad Poster
#15 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 8:57 PM
The only part of TwoJeffs' "School bus - bring friend dialog" that conflicts with Simler90's "SchoolBringHomeFriendMod" is the bit that chooses which kid to bring home. Since that's the case, I'm going to try configuring my game so that Simler90's mod loads last. That way, I will hopefully get Simler90's friend chooser, but still get to keep all the other features and patches from TwoJeffs' mod.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 4:05 PM Last edited by Player42Chloe : 20th Jan 2020 at 4:38 PM.
I cant seem to get School Bring Home Friend Mod to work the homework part does but not the friend one the box doesn't show and the friend appears. I do have other mods installed but the only school related ones are the homework one listed here, the desk locator mod, school changer do any of these conflict?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th May 2020 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Player42Chloe
I do have other mods installed but the only school related ones are the homework one listed here, the desk locator mod, school changer do any of these conflict?

It's always best to run the HCDU as that will pick out the vast majority of conflicts. Unfortunately it won't tell you how to resolve them.
Alchemist
#18 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 6:58 PM
@RoxEllen1965, have you had a chance to test using TwoJeffs' School bus - bring friend dialog with Simler90's School Bring Home Friend Mod? I'm thinking about install Simler90's mod, but I'd like to keep most of TwoJeffs' features as well, so I'm curious to know if it works out.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 5:59 AM
@Phantomknight - It's been awhile since I had time to play, but if I recall correctly - when Simler90's mod loads last, I lose TwoJeffs' chooser dialog. I tried switching the load order so TwoJeffs' mod loads last, but I haven't had the chance to test it yet. I suspect that I'll lose Simler90's filters (only private school students can bring private school students home with them, etc.)
Alchemist
#20 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 6:58 AM
@RoxEllen1965, Thanks for replying! That's a bummer, but I'll test it out too, and if indeed it conflicts, I'll have to investigate to see if I can merge them.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 11:13 PM
I'm glad I'm checking the original pages while modding TS2 again. I had uninstalled it for a while, but had saved all my mods and zipped them up for later. Anyways, if I hadn't have come here, I wouldn't know that you updated a mod and added another cool one! Awesome.

I'm so glad that so many people still love The Sims 2 and aren't fixated on the newest one.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 4:36 AM
Thanks for the mods I have a question about the School Bring Home Friend Mod. Why did you exclude Family Bin sims in Update 3? I have the Update 2 right now and want to update to 4 because of whatever is fixed there but I'm on the fence because of the feature in version 3.
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th May 2021 at 5:49 AM
Quote:
School Bring Home Friend Mod-UPDATE3: Sims won't bring Family Bin sims home from school any more.
THANK YOU!
Now to find something that also keeps adult sims from bringing home Family Bin sims, too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th May 2021 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skarlin
THANK YOU!
Now to find something that also keeps adult sims from bringing home Family Bin sims, too.

My Job Bring Home Friend Mod fixes that issue.
Inventor
#25 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
@Phantomknight - It's been awhile since I had time to play, but if I recall correctly - when Simler90's mod loads last, I lose TwoJeffs' chooser dialog. I tried switching the load order so TwoJeffs' mod loads last, but I haven't had the chance to test it yet. I suspect that I'll lose Simler90's filters (only private school students can bring private school students home with them, etc.)

@RoxEllen1965 Have you already tried it with TwoJeffs mod loading as last?
Page 1 of 2