Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Business Mods

by simler90 Posted 21st Sep 2019 at 3:53 AM - Updated 26th Sep 2022 at 5:57 PM by simler90 : UPDATE 39

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 5:05 AM
GENIUS!
But why can't I download the mod in the download section? :-/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 5:26 AM
You're amazing, simler! Thank you! (EAxis should be banned from making delete buttons >_>)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 6:15 AM
This is great! Thank you for your hard work.
Does this conflict with ofbfix?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 1:27 PM
Big thanks for making this for everyone, I didn't even know I needed this.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 3:47 PM
Wow, this sounds like a truly necessary mod; thanks so much for making it!

How do you know all these things about how the game works? You must spend all day staring at Maxis code. :-) You've caught SO many errors that I've never heard of before, and the TS2 community owes you a lot.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
This is great! Thank you for your hard work.
Does this conflict with ofbfix?

Yes:
*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Patron Buy
Group ID: 0x7FDE81DC
Instance ID: 0x00002007
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\1_MATY\ofbfixes.package
\downloads\Mods\simler90\BusinessMod-UPDATE3.package

It also conflicts with restaurantbarfix:
Procedure Name: Interaction - Order Coffee TEST
Group ID: 0x7F2FEFCC
Instance ID: 0x00002014
\downloads\1_MATY\restaurantbarfix.package
\downloads\Mods\simler90\BusinessMod-UPDATE3.package

Can we get some word on if this mod is meant to completely replace those two mods? (As in it does the same thing or even something better as was the case with firemod.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 4:00 AM
Can we safely remove those other mods and switch to yours? I have both of those mods mentioned above and need to know before I can install yours.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 10:13 AM Last edited by Nicto : 22nd Sep 2019 at 10:27 AM.
From UPDATE 4:
Quote: Originally posted by simler90
Your sim will be charged 230 simoleons and the unselectable owner will be credited with 30 simoleons. I am not sure what Maxis was trying to do here, but I have not changed this. Maybe, it is so that the owner can pay their employees with this profit, as otherwise the owner wouldn't make any money.

That make sense if a game doesn't save OFB-lots. That way a buyer pays a full cost of a product, an owner has their profit from selling stuffs, and you don't have to worry about restocking-charging-owner-mambo.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Can we safely remove those other mods and switch to yours? I have both of those mods mentioned above and need to know before I can install yours.

@Rosawyn
@joandsarah77
I just downloaded Update6 and did a scan with HCDU and there were no conflicts with ofbfixes. So maybe @Simler90 fixed or checked that already?
I think it's safe to leave both in, but I am gonna make sure ofbfix loads first (it already does now).

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 10:21 PM
I just downloaded Update6 and did a scan with HCDU and there were no conflicts with ofbfixes.

That's interesting because the update notes don't mention anything that would indicate that. I really wish they did because how else am I supposed to know? I'm not going to download a mod every day just to check to see if the conflict is still there!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nicto
That make sense if a game doesn't save OFB-lots. That way a buyer pays a full cost of a product, an owner has their profit from selling stuffs, and you don't have to worry about restocking-charging-owner-mambo.

There are two reasons why this is difficult to understand. The first reason is that the game still charges the unselectable owner the wholesale cost of the object when that object is restocked. So, even though the owner is credited with 30 simoleons in that case, the game charges the owner 200 simoleons the next time that object is restocked, making the owner lose 170 simoleons even though they just made a sale. If we admit that Maxis messed up the restocking part of OFB (which they have, and this mod fixes this in UPDATE 4 and later), then this feature is understandable, but to a certain extent. The reason for that is because the game only credits the owner with the profit if the customer is selectable. I don't understand why the game is differentiating between selectable and unselectable customers, because the customer is always charged and the objects that they buy always go into their inventory. If anything, the game should actually credit the owner with this profit if both the owner and customer are unselectable, because the owner and employees need to make an extra effort by using sale socials to sell items to unselectable customers, with the potential to fail these socials. So, if they succeed in selling items to unselectable customers, then they should be credited for that, but that doesn't work like that. Obviously, the best thing to do would be to make it so that the game always credits the unselectable owner with the profit regardless of the selectability of the customer. I may just update the mod soon and add that feature.
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 12:40 PM
From ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION
Whenever a sim checks out at a cash register, the game only charges the customer and credits the business owner if the currently played family is the owner's family or if the customer is selectable. This means that if you visit an OFB business with a different household, and whenever an unselectable customer (playable or townie, doesn't matter) purchases an object, the game does not credit the owner. This doesn't make any sense at all, because the owner will have to restock these objects and will have to pay for that, in addition to paying their employees if they have any.

I don't like what Maxis did here, but I think I know the reason. They didn't want player's businesses to grow too fast. You could make an OFB-lot, switch a family, visit the business couple times and then switch back. "Easy" progress/money. But, of course, EA forgot to turn off charging an owner for restocking objects.
UPDATE 8: I found yet another oversight. When an unselectable customer dines at an OFB restaurant, the game attempts to charge the customer and credit the owner. The owner is properly credited, but Maxis made a mistake which makes it so that the game tries to charge a completely random person in your neighbourhood. This update fixes this mistake and makes the game properly charge the customer.

Oh Maxis...
UPDATE 10:
- Sims who are already employed by another business cannot be hired by another business any more unless the business owner of the employee's business lays them off or fires them, or unless the employee quits.

Maybe you can hire someone else's employee, if that employee feels very underpaid?

BTW, OFB is my very favorite S2 expansion and I wanted to thank you for all your efforts to fix it
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 2:06 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 3:29 AM
amazing work!
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 8:37 PM
this confilcts with alfixes?
Procedure Name: CT - Restock Replacement
Group ID: 0x7F03A538
Instance ID: 0x0000100F
\downloads\Mods\alfixes.package
\downloads\Mods\BusinessMod-UPDATE20.package
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 3:55 AM
So it's safe to say that this mod officially DOESN'T conflict with MATY Ofbfix ? That the OP took care of that? Just being 100% sure. :p
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 5:05 AM
@thtkawaiisimmer You don't need alfixes anymore. Most of what it fixed got fixed in the Al patch and the few tiny issues have other mods that fix them. There are threads talking about it on the Sims 2 area. When I removed it a couple of years ago I noticed zero change in my game. I mostly had it because I thought it fixed teens working on the FT car, but it was doing nothing. So try removing alfixes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 12:15 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 10:55 AM
Why downloaded archive file wont open?
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 12:41 AM
Default Glitch
I've experienced a glitch on my configuration. I play the Super Collection on Mac (eps through BV).

My sims with home businesses are unable to use the "sales" interaction menu on other sims. Additionally, whenever I click on another sim or pet, their current action immediately ends (like a jump bug). It happens just from click on another sim to interact with them, not from selecting an interaction. Even with the game paused.

Ultimately, not accessing the "sales" menu is pretty gamebreaking, so my solution was to remove the mod. I haven't found a way to fix this. Just posting in case someone else is having this issue and wants validation or if someone knows how to fix it.

I have a lot of mods, so it's totally possible that this was caused by a conflict as well. (But I have a hunch it's because I don't have Apartment Life)
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 11:13 AM
Default Maxis-Bug at Offer-at-Interaction
I've found another Maxis-Bug (I've reproduced it with a new neighborhood on a separate PC, no mods installed, not even this one) and thought a bugfix for this would belong into this mod, since it addresses a lot of oversights already?
The sales-interaction "offer at X" seems to have a glitch. When the interaction is successful, the customers buy-meter fills up a bit, as with any successful sales-interaction. But wait a few seconds and it drops down again!
Can anyone else reproduce this? (Ultimate Collection)
Mad Poster
#23 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 11:48 PM
I just downloaded Update6 and did a scan with HCDU and there were no conflicts with ofbfixes.

I just downloaded the newest version of this Business mod and it is showing multiple conflicts with ofbfixes:

As well as with various other MATY business-related mods:

If this mod incorporates all the MATY fixes and functionality, that would be awesome! But as I'm exceptionally unfamiliar with how businesses are supposed to work at all (I've barely ever played them and when I did it was years and years ago), I'm really not the best person to test any of this out in game.

@Johnswife, there are still conflicts as you can see here. You can always try running the HCDU to see what it spits out; I recommend doing that every time you install new mods, even if you think they won't conflict with anything. Some conflicts are ignore-able, but some can cause unwanted behaviour. It's always good to be aware of what might be causing issues.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 12:37 AM
Since the readme and HCDU seem to indicate that this mod incorporates all the MATY fixes/functions, I removed all but one of the conflicting Pescado mods from my game. I kept Slig's version of alfixes and made it load first because as far as I can tell "Inactive apartment residents no longer slowly drained of hobby enthusiasm" has never been fixed by anybody else's mod.

Quote: Originally posted by Simler90
UPDATE 21: On owned business lots, only the owner or family of the owner can make/serve espresso on a barista bar now.

So I can no longer assign a hired employee to be a barista? That's a bit disappointing. I'm curious to know the reason for this.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k-athleen
I've experienced a glitch on my configuration. I play the Super Collection on Mac (eps through BV).

My sims with home businesses are unable to use the "sales" interaction menu on other sims. Additionally, whenever I click on another sim or pet, their current action immediately ends (like a jump bug). It happens just from click on another sim to interact with them, not from selecting an interaction. Even with the game paused.

Ultimately, not accessing the "sales" menu is pretty gamebreaking, so my solution was to remove the mod. I haven't found a way to fix this. Just posting in case someone else is having this issue and wants validation or if someone knows how to fix it.

I have a lot of mods, so it's totally possible that this was caused by a conflict as well. (But I have a hunch it's because I don't have Apartment Life)

Same situation here, also Mac Super Collection. Been testing my mods for the past 2 hours and narrowed down this glitch to this mod. Selecting a sim with the testing cheats command brings up the Invalid Constant error. I have no other mods affecting OFB-related content so I'm 97% sure there are some missing requirements for this mod not stated in the mod description
Page 1 of 3