Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 5:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
TS3 and AMD Radeon RX580
Happy Friday!

I recently bought a new higher end machine, and by recently, I mean Christmas. I bought it so I could jam more stuff in...lol. I have been having issues with my graphics. First, let me say I spent way too much time trying to get Windows 10 to let me mess with my graphics settings on Radeon, thank you Microsoft. Apparently, they enjoy a little hide and go seek. Anyway...moving on.

I found this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...zed_by_the_game

Which I followed the steps exactly, but had to do a little modification when it came to the rules as there wasn't an entry similar to mine. Screenshots of my device log, graphicscard.srg and graphicsrules.srg are below.

I copied and pasted what I found in the device log into the GraphicsCards, but then had to improvise with the GraphicsRules, as you can see below. In the Wiki, it states he only found 3 instances where HD 6 was used, but I found 4, so i put in mine 4 times. I am not techie, but I thought that since my machine is a good one, it should be close in quality to one referenced on the Wiki. So, I put it right next to the same one he was using, thinking I would get the same results as in his screen shot of the before and after IG settings. That is not the case. All my stuff is still set to nill/low/maybe a couple mediums. Sidenote...I am pretty proud of myself for not breaking it.

Can anyone give me any pointers/tips/the exact phrase I should be using/some fries?

Can I just adjust the settings on my own now, without any problems?

TYIA I also included a picture of my cat, for good measure.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4782510

Thank you. I will attempt tomorrow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 2:11 PM
This worked! The resolution is off tho, I'll change it. Thank you so much!!!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 12:01 AM
I suppose I could.