Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fridge Stockable Convenience Foods

by PenelopeT Posted 29th Sep 2019 at 2:18 AM - Updated 20th Oct 2019 at 3:00 PM by PenelopeT : updating poly note and adding item price info

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 5:07 AM
These are not just great items, but I'm also so impressed with how professionally you've organized everything. That's a lot of extra work and a real service to other simmers! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 1:41 PM
Thank you Pen! I love having something decorative become functional :3
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 3:20 PM
@Sunrader
Thank you so much for the sweet comment! I like having things in my game (and real life too) be fairly organised ('cause I'm anal that way ), and always assume that the average simmer appreciates when something they're downloading has as much detail as possible. So, while it is definitely more work, it's worth it in the end.

Besides, Hulu has all of the old seasons of 24 (which was hands down one of my favorite series of all-time), and there's nothing like having that streaming on your tablet next to your simming computer whilst working on projects like this and listening to Jack Bauer yell "dammit" every few minutes and hearing that clock countdown to keep ones adrenaline pumping and make working on stuff like this less tedious.

@shastakiss
You are most welcome! Really hope you get some use out of this set.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 8:49 PM
@PenelopeT This is very nice upload :lovestruc , I do have a question please, I read that you said this will not work on a lot that is not own.
I want to know are any of these foods like the desserts edible on a community lot? If I was to place them out for the Sims to help themselves( on a table ) as well as the drinks.
I ask because I do have Community lots where I use creator Exnem foods that work well on community eating places. Own lots never work well for my Sims they end up in Bankruptcy. lol

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 9:43 PM
@Simonut
These are not like Exnem's buyable foods... which are basically prepared meals that you can buy/serve/eat instead of cook. These are considered "harvestables" like the garden crops and fish in-game (which you cannot eat as is... unmodded). Therefore, these are more like groceries and can only be purchased (directly via buy mode or from a sim owned business) and used to "stock" the refrigerator and add "Fresh Food Points" in the same way the game harvestables do.

As for running sim owned businesses, sorry things don't generally go well for you. For me, it's one of my favorite things about this game... having a good number of sim owned businesses in a neighborhood tends to make my game feel more alive, and give things more of a 'community' feel.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 11:13 PM
This was what I was waiting for! Now I've got a fully stocked and operational grocery store!
Very good work!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 11:34 PM
Thanks again for your reply, maybe I will turn one of my grocery stores into private own and get one of my Sims to own it. Maybe just maybe I will try it again.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 2:01 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 4:21 AM
Hi PenelopeT, this is wonderful, thank you! I've been following DeeDee Sims and Creesims tutorials to convert deco to restockable, but my work gets sidetracked by goodies like your post. Woot!! This makes me so excited!
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 9:47 PM
@FranH - So glad you're able to complete your grocery store! I've been remodeling my sims shops as I convert items over. It's definitely nice to have more functional food items for them to sell. Also, there is a chance I'll be uploading more items at some point.

@Simonut - You are most welcome. I hope you will give having a sim run a business another go at some point.

@XiaXiang001 - You're welcome. Hope you enjoy the items.

@rickzoe - Oh, no... don't get sidetracked! I hope you continue on with doing your own converting as well. There is so much deco food clutter out there to work with.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 4:16 AM
Thank you for these :D
Instructor
#13 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 9:08 PM
@PenelopeT - Just wondering if I add this to my game and say later remove them from my game. Will my sims have memories of the food? Does this work in the same way as if I added food to my game?
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 10:29 PM
@NewSimgirl2011 - Since these converted items are just considered buyable "harvestables" and given the same BCON (Behavior Constant) as the cucumber that came with the Seasons EP, I'm going to say that no, there should not be an issue if you choose to delete the items later on. These are not like custom foods that your sims can actually cook... which are the ones that you normally don't want to delete once installed. But... feel free to test things (in a throwaway 'hood of course) if it makes you more comfortable about using them.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 10:48 PM
Thank you @PenelopeT. I did think it would be like the other harvestables that I have already downloaded - like from Plumbobkeep. But I just wanted to make sure. I'll download it. Thanks again.
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 10:51 PM
@NewSimgirl2011 - No problem!

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 12:12 AM
Thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Oct 2019 at 5:13 PM
OMG , food --as FOOD!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 10:24 PM
These are really good thanks.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 5:03 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th May 2020 at 3:56 AM
Default Error
I love this items, but each time I try to install them there is an error, and the size of Each file is 0KB
I really want these precious creations in my game, but it seems impossible
What can I do???
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 2:25 AM
@Michelle-Matsumura

I just downloaded the file and was able to unzip it just fine, and all package files are normal. Do you have a program (like 7-Zip, WinRAR or WinZip) installed on your computer in order to unzip the file by chance? If not, that is the only reason I can think of as to why you are having trouble.

My file was uploaded using the latest version of 7-Zip.

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 11:04 PM
I don't know how I missed this, but thank you for more stockable foods! There is so much variety here!