Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cauldron Herbalism (Update - 3.11.2019)

by icemunmun Posted 1st Oct 2019 at 7:00 PM - Updated 9th Dec 2019 at 10:16 PM by icemunmun

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 8:01 PM
My spellcasters and I thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 8:30 PM
This is something I was amazed to find that EA had not done themselves and so is wonderful to find someone such as yourself has done so. Bravo!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 8:54 PM
This so much! OMG thank you! XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 9:04 PM
thanks !! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 9:46 PM
Thank you so much this was very much needed.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 2:55 AM
I am just so happy ☺! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 4:31 AM
Keeps reading...keeps reading....See's little miss sam's extension works. Ok you are now my favorite modder Lots of love for doing this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 6:15 AM
wOW! I wait for patch, so I hope that yours mod will work after patch! And I download it!
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 6:16 AM
Unfortunately it doesn't work with LittleMsSam's NoInsectsHerbalism mod...

A nice mod nonetheless!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 7:13 PM
can't believe this wasn't in the game already (ok... actually I can). thanks!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DragonCT
Unfortunately it doesn't work with LittleMsSam's NoInsectsHerbalism mod...

A nice mod nonetheless!

Does it cause problems if both mods are installed, or will the recipes just be different when made in the cauldron than on the stove?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 9:20 PM
love this idea and agree that I am happy to see you incorporate something that should have been adding from the beginning
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by telemwill
Does it cause problems if both mods are installed, or will the recipes just be different when made in the cauldron than on the stove?

Both. On the grill, the herbalism potions do not list insects as ingredients and work as intended. But on the cauldron, the herbalism potions do list insects as ingredients, some menu options are blank and icons of potions are missing. Looked very glitchy, so I didn't test it any further. Some ingredients were also grayed out, even though I had them in my inventory.

I'm currently still deciding which mod to keep. It would be beyond awesome though if you could make them compatible!
Not all modders care about compatibility with other creator's mods. The fact that you do, is very much appreciated!
Keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 10:26 PM
Both. On the grill, the herbalism potions do not list insects as ingredients and work as intended. But on the cauldron, the herbalism potions do list insects as ingredients, some menu options are blank and icons of potions are missing. Looked very glitchy, so I didn't test it any further. Some ingredients were also grayed out, even though I had them in my inventory.

I'm currently still deciding which mod to keep. It would be beyond awesome though if you could make them compatible!
Not all modders care about compatibility with other creator's mods. The fact that you do, is very much appreciated!
Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the reply! I am not sure which I want to keep either. I hate having to go back to Granite Falls to get insects. I wonder if we can copypasto them? Haha! That would be so much better.

I think I may keep the cauldron one on my desktop when I am playing a human herbalist and switch it out when I play a spellcaster. Hopefully, the two mods will eventually work together. Both Icemunmun and Little Ms. Sam are wonderful modders!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 6:49 AM
It drove me crazy that ea didn't integrate this skill into the magic set. Thanks so much!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 5:12 PM
Thank you guys! I just couldnt play my game with two different potion system so I HAD to make this

Keep up the good work!

I did not use the 'No Insects ' version so I never thought to make it compatible. I made the ingredients optional for the cauldron ( you can craft the potions even if you do not have the ingredients in your inventory for a small fee) to avoid going to Granite Falls.
In future, I can make the no insects version compatible
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 6:45 PM
This is great, the only issue I found and maybe I misread something is it does not provide herbalism skill experience. I made a bunch of the level 1 potion's and herbalism was never unlocked. My caster is a max level caster with every spell and alchemy recipe, however.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 5:39 AM
You're a lifesaver. Being restricted to brewing herbalism potions in grills is really immersion-breaking for my fantasy/medieval/magic-based playthroughs. I've been looking for something similar to this for a while now! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 12:52 PM
Thanks for this! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 9:36 PM
Did I do something wrong? You show like 13 different herbal potions, but my sim only has like three? Did I miss something?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Thank you guys! I just couldnt play my game with two different potion system so I HAD to make this

I did not use the 'No Insects ' version so I never thought to make it compatible. I made the ingredients optional for the cauldron ( you can craft the potions even if you do not have the ingredients in your inventory for a small fee) to avoid going to Granite Falls.
In future, I can make the no insects version compatible

Oh, that would be wonderful! Either way, I am very happy to have this!
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by instantmagic
Did I do something wrong? You show like 13 different herbal potions, but my sim only has like three? Did I miss something?

Same for me, also i couldn't brew base game potions with this mod installed, we need an update
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#24 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by instantmagic

Does your sim have the requisite skill points ? As you gain herbalism points, more and more potions open up!

Quote: Originally posted by oasissprings
Same for me, also i couldn't brew base game potions with this mod installed, we need an update

What base game potions couldn't you brew ? On the grill/stove or the cauldron ?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 2:45 PM
Would you be considering doing the opposite as well? Allowing RoM potions to be crafted on the stove top like the Herbalism potions? My apartment dwelling spellcasters would be forever in your debt.
Page 1 of 3