Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crazysim
Feel free to hit me up on the #sims-2-help channel in the PleasantSims Discord to walk though why the 4GB patch might not be applying. I might not answer right away but just mention me in there.

https://discord.gg/7ADzNnE

I don't have a discord, why not just answer it here since your on?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 2:06 AM Last edited by crazysim : 3rd Dec 2019 at 2:55 AM.
Real time chat is super useful. Just hop on and let’s get this fixed. I think you might have misunderstood my LocalAppData\VirtualStore question so a bit of quicker back and forth on that part would be super helpful.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#28 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 8:35 AM
Can you attach your graphicsRule.sgr? The file type is invalid for MTS so just put in zip/7z/rar.

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection\SP9\TSBin\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Can you attach your graphicsRule.sgr? The file type is invalid for MTS so just put in zip/7z/rar.

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection\SP9\TSBin\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config

someone on leefish managed to help me get it to recognize 4096MB of memory. now i have to figure out why it will freeze up and quit on me... it doesnt really crash it just stays unresponsive and i checked and its not mod related :/
Attached files:
File Type: rar  New folder.rar (9.1 KB, 34 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#30 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 7:10 PM
Is it really freezing up or just taking a long time to load because of a lot of CC? My Downloads folder is almost 10Gb and my game is shown as "not responding" for several minutes while it loads (time to go get a snack lol). Once it's finally up, I find it helpful to immediatelyload CAS. This helps prevent the game from hanging while loading lots, etc. (I learned this trick from JoandSarah.)
Field Researcher
#31 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 9:47 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 4th Dec 2019 at 7:54 PM.
Hi - I'm the person from Leefish that helped them get the 4G working.

What I did:
1. I updated their graphic rules.sgr back to a standard rules, and added the texture memory from the dxdiag text to it.
2. I got them to start their game from the exe that I gave them that had 4G already added to it (from CFF Explorer). i.e. not using a shortcut.

I've set up a tutorial on tumblr on how to update the graphic rules.sgr - Graphics Help - DIY

I do not know for certain but I suspect Win10 is doing something weird with shortcuts nowadays. It shouldn't matter where the shortcut is, and the exe should be in the place that the registry thinks it is.

I'm not back to helping regularly - but I thought that this problem was one which was solvable and they had taken a lot of advice already.

Update: They now have pink flashing and not crashing. But they also have 20+ Gb of CC. I have advised them to cut down the CC that has large textures to start at bedding.

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 9:36 PM
Default Same problem as onica432
I got I think exactly the same problem as onica432. No ultimate collection, but discs. Memory 2048 instead of 4000 something. I got w10 and yes, my OS is 64bit. I try to follow your instructions but can not get how "then look at the Sims2EP9.exe using CFF Explorer as shown below"? How do I do that? I have installed it but dont understand how to open it up correctly? Where am I supposed to click?

My game works OK, BUT i got problems with pinklights and crashings sometimes. And therefore I want to look over my installation of (among others) 4gb patch.

Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
First off, are you running a 64bit operating system? If you aren't then the 4GB patch will not work. It only works for 64bit operating systems.

Assuming you are running a 64bit OS, there is a way to verify without question if you have successfully applied the 4GB patch.
If you download and run CFF Explorer from NTCore HERE -- use the "– CFF Explorer (x86 Version, stand-alone, zip Archive)" about 1/3 of the way down -- and then look at the Sims2EP9.exe using CFF Explorer as shown below, it will tell you if the 4GB patch is applied.
FIRST -- Make a backup copy of your Sims2EP9.exe for safe keeping.... Mine is called Sims2EP9.exe-original.

Step 1 - after opening Sims2EP9.exe with CFF Explorer, click the "File Header" line on the left.
Step 2 - click on the "Click here" line
Step 3 - verify whether the "App can handle >2gb address space" is checked. If it is, then the patch is applied. If not, then select it and press "OK" to apply the patch.

If it shows as applied, then the problem is elsewhere and you might want to figure out why your config file doesn't show it properly.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by citronlemon
I got I think exactly the same problem as onica432. No ultimate collection, but discs. Memory 2048 instead of 4000 something. I got w10 and yes, my OS is 64bit. I try to follow your instructions but can not get how "then look at the Sims2EP9.exe using CFF Explorer as shown below"? How do I do that? I have installed it but dont understand how to open it up correctly? Where am I supposed to click?

My game works OK, BUT i got problems with pinklights and crashings sometimes. And therefore I want to look over my installation of (among others) 4gb patch.

After you download the zip file, you unzip it. You will then have a CFF explorer.exe file. You run (double-click) that exe and then in the File menu in the screen which appears (as shown in that screen capture), you open the Sims2EP9.exe with it. Then follow those 3 steps.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 1:49 PM
Thank you for your time. I have tried so much now but suspect that I got a problem with the exe(?) file mansion and garden stuff. Its in swedish but its the strange looking file. I cannot uninstall it and install it again, and I dont know why. I have probably done anything with it. Anyone who knows what to do?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#36 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 4:06 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Feb 2021 at 4:18 PM.
^ That's not the EXE file. You want the EXE file called "Sims2EP9.exe" in the TSBin in the Mansion & Garden folder (if the folder name is in Swedish, that's fine - but the EXE should still be named the same)

The ones pictured look more like shortcuts. They'll usually show as the language you install the game in.

---

Also... don't keep uninstalling and reinstalling your game to try and fix issues unless you're a bit more than 99.9% certain the install is the problem - more often than not, it only creates more trouble for you, and very often it messes up the entire install, especially if you just uninstall/reinstall one pack.

If the patch isn't applying properly to the EXE file, make sure you're applying it to the correct file (Sims2EP9.exe), and if that isn't working, copy this file to the desktop, apply the patch to the file there (this goes around Windows' file protection in the ProgramFiles location), and then move/replace the file back to the original location, clicking "yes" to any questions about whether you want to replace the file. Should hopefully work then.
Page 2 of 2