Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 8:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Mac [bootcamp] New Macbook Pro 2019 Vsync + Screen Tearing
So I posted the below on The Sims Forums, but that place is pretty dead so I wanted to come here to maximize my chances of finding a solution:

So I recently upgraded to the 16" Macbook Pro 2019 and I love it, but I am having some issues that I did not experience on my old Macbook Pro 15" from 2017...Whenever I play the game (While it does run and look great), I experience slight screen tearing. I have tried tons of methods to stop this from happening, but for some reason nothing works. Even using the AMD Radeon graphics settings and changing the Vertical Refresh option to Always on in global settings seems to do nothing. Below are the specs to my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2.4GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz
32GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB of GDDR6 memory
1TB SSD storage
16-inch Retina display with True Tone

Besides this issue, the game works great (so far) maybe I just will have to deal with it...

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 10:48 PM Last edited by igazor : 1st Dec 2019 at 11:05 PM.
The most commonly used tool to fix this for AMD cards, on PCs or bootcamped Macs just the same, is RivaTuner Stats Server (RTSS). I've provided a more complete answer on your Sims Forum post.