Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#51 Old 19th May 2005 at 11:45 AM
Inge, that's exactly what we've been talking about doing. Brainstorming just how we could make it possible to manually unsubscribe from child forums caused some sort of terrifying rupture of Delphy's skull so the best idea seems to be the way you describe it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th May 2005 at 4:25 PM
Ahhhhh... Thanks, Delphy! I appreciate the help! *grin*
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#53 Old 19th May 2005 at 4:33 PM
Please don't make me think about child/parent subscriptions... please? Mommy?

*whimpers*
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 24th May 2005 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
In fact I think it would be nice if the post count and thanks count were visible only to the indivudual that they belong to and to moderators, so you couldn't see anybody else's post count or thanks count. Maybe that would get rid of the dumb competion.

RG

This is one of the best ideas I've heard. I don't like post competition. If you have something of interest, contribute it. If not, don't spike your post count with chit chat. Same goes for the thanks button, in my opinion. Let it be visible to mods, admins, and the user themself, but no one else...I don't think competing for thanks and posts encourages people to post using their full brain capacity. Please keep RGiles' idea in mind!

Best,
Suzanne

Vista is a problem that needs a solution -- preferably one with a pH of 0.
Test Subject
#55 Old 27th May 2005 at 1:10 PM
Errrr ... is it just me or is the new server cluster even slower?
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#56 Old 27th May 2005 at 3:42 PM
DragonKnight,
It's not just you. The new system isn't optimized yet and it's pretty flakey at the moment. Speed is still a problem at the moment. Delphy's been working on it, but it's going to take some time to work things out.
#57 Old 29th May 2005 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat
Of course you realise .... people will no longer be able to complain about seeing forums they don't want.....this will give them cause to find something else to complain about!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

I for one will be subbing to every forum except that SILLY anime one

And you thought they would have nothing to complain about

Not to mention the many questions I seen answers for in the first to 10th post get asked again and again

Not Sure how you all do it
But

to you all for being able to put up with it all

I love all the updates they are great

Oh yea LoveRat Want to bet on how many will bypass those Thank you boxes Just so thay can add very much or I really like it to the THANKS

HUGS
April
Test Subject
#58 Old 30th May 2005 at 8:14 AM
hmmmm ... perhaps "thanks" or "appreciate" or other simular words should autoflag the post for automatic deletion after 24 hours.

'last edited by SYSTEM at [date/ time]: Reason: Redundant thank you post. Please use the "thank you button" in the first thread and do not post additional thank you messages. Board space is reserved for advancing the topic, not cluttering.'

anyways - just my :2cents:
Test Subject
#59 Old 30th May 2005 at 8:17 AM
I know in phpBB (which I have at my site) you can autoflag certain words from even being posted. This, of course, is set for eliminating curse words where kids could see it. The same could be done for those words, if applicable to the goals of the forum community.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#60 Old 30th May 2005 at 10:31 AM
While that is an interesting idea, auto-flagging words like that could cause problems if the poster says something like:

"Thanks for the download. I think it's good but may I suggest XYZ"

ie constructive feedback.
Part-time Hermit
#61 Old 30th May 2005 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thunderspirit
I know in phpBB (which I have at my site) you can autoflag certain words from even being posted. This, of course, is set for eliminating curse words where kids could see it. The same could be done for those words, if applicable to the goals of the forum community.

I'm pretty sure the new thanking feature will take care of that problem, without having to resort to censoring messages. That kind of automatic word censors that leave the whole message invisible would cause more harm than good. I would leave censorship to moderators and posts that are real problems instead of censoring out a couple of Thank You messages.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 30th May 2005 at 3:22 PM
I dont know if this is in the right place to but i was placing a lot of post's that have been on my pc waiting for the site upload to come back on.

On all the post i had a problem with the attchments, after uploading them an trying to add another the uploaded details would vanish?

Kinda confusin when posting file a you forget what you just put up.

I am useing Opera but the old wed was ok?

its not a big problem but thourght you would like to know.

Iv done html and I know what a pain it can be so to me you have done a awesome job.

Oh and thanks for the best sim's 2 site around it give's me somewere to post my work.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 2:09 PM Last edited by Jem : 4th Jun 2005 at 12:20 AM.
Ooops sorry about that. I found where to post it today so I deleted this and put it in the right place.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#64 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 2:38 PM
Jen,

Please post a seperate thread in Site Issues.

Thanks
Delphy
Page 3 of 3