Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Tutor Class in Discover University

by StarTrekManiac2 Posted 20th Dec 2019 at 3:24 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2024 at 7:09 AM by StarTrekManiac2 : Update for latest vpatch

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 8:01 PM
cool mod yet that 1st pic... paint rulez :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreadfulButterfly
cool mod yet that 1st pic... paint rulez :P

haha thanks! And yeah, the lazy guy's tool ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Dec 2019 at 12:49 PM
thank you so much for making this mod!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 6:42 AM
thanks! this will be a help a lot nice job the mod

can you make a faster homework mod?
it takes really freaking slow to do the homework
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gellenduo

Thanks for the appreciation <3
I might do that in the future but I have no guarantees tbh. Simple reason being I think that homework is a bit more realistic and suited for a University degree. Again, that's probably just me. xD
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gellenduo

https://scarletsmods.com/2019/11/15...ersity-edition/
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chichi12112
https://scarletsmods.com/2019/11/15...ersity-edition/

thanks you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 4:44 PM
THANK YOU. Seriously, thank you. Those 5-hour tutoring sessions were the most annoying part of the University aspiration.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 11:17 AM
It's infuriating that by default not only does it take freaking forever but you get paid almost nothing for it, and it's all the more infuriating that it's required to put in literally 25 hours for the aspiration. Thank you for this.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 9:42 PM
Oh my goodness, five hours? A friend just told me about that (and about your mod), so thank you for creating this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 1:19 PM
My sim has 4 classes and he's also in the soccer team for his scholarship (not to mention he takes 1.5 hours to get to his class), he basically never has any money, time nor energy for anything. When I sent him tutoring and it took 5 HOURS and only gave me 49$ I thought I'd lose my mind.

So... Thank you for making this mod and preserving my sanity. :')
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 8:02 PM
I just put 2 sims through that stage of the aspiration, and after that, I realized, I gotta see if anyone's done anything about this! With a full load of classes, and the homework for them, and a term paper, and a presentation, and an organization to attend meetings for... Where am I supposed to get 25 hours for that? And I'm not even in the athletic or e-sports program, I know how time consuming those are.

Also, I agree with your own post- about 2 hours would be the maximum anyone could reasonably demand of a college student. And whoever is receiving the tutoring wouldn't want to do 5 hours sessions either!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th May 2020 at 9:42 AM
Tutoring don't take that long in college irl 10min to 2hr with EA
You got TS3 on the brain
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th May 2020 at 10:00 PM
I learned something new about my college student tutoring other Sims - 5 hours is too long. Some people pay for an hour irl to be tutored or to have their kid(s) tutored. EA apparently never went to college. Thank you for this mod!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th May 2020 at 8:19 AM
This is just a quick reply to thank everyone for their kind words and thanks so far. I'm extremely grateful, and I'm also so glad to see I wasn't the only one frustrated by this EA silliness/non-realism! I haven't played TS4 for a while now and I'm kind of shocked that so far there are no reports of updates messing this mod up! xD
Field Researcher
#17 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 5:17 AM
Going to give this a try, since I'm desperate for tutoring to not take forever - my people have families on top of University! But with the huge breakdown of most mods with Eco Living - have you checked to see if it's compatible?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 3:16 PM
does this work with 1.66 patch
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by liverbird
does this work with 1.66 patch
its showed up in my mcCommand as a error
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 10:28 PM
I can confirm this no longer works with the latest version and it causes a last exception. Super sad
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orca239
I can confirm this no longer works with the latest version and it causes a last exception. Super sad

I have the same issue.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 10:23 PM
Default Update for Patch 1.66
Hi all, thanks for taking the time to comment that this mod wasn't working with the latest patch (1.66).

I've updated the mod - nothing is new, only one line needed to change.
Also, I have yet to test that this update works, so any feedback would be great, and would let others know that it is working as of patch 1.66!

(For those interested, the XML script in the latest patch replaced the term "rabbit_hole" with "hide_sim_liability", so this was literally a one-line change.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 12:57 PM
Thank you for your hard work on this mod which I've been looking for this since DU was released. It's so useful and I cannot play game without this mod. I appreciate your update. Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 3:17 PM
hi im a bit of a noob with mods so can someone explain to me how to use this? i've downloaded it into my mods folder but nothing has happened, thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Oct 2020 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 0rachael0
hi im a bit of a noob with mods so can someone explain to me how to use this? i've downloaded it into my mods folder but nothing has happened, thanks!

The next step if it hasn't been done already is to load up the game and go to options from the Main Menu. Go to the 'Other' tab in the options menu, and there should be an option to toggle scripted mods, and you then reload the game for it to take effect and load your mods.
Page 1 of 2