Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 6:02 PM
What're your favorite non-default Maxis couples?
Couple that doesn't have one-sided, mutual crush/love in the beginning of the game.
So when we start the game, the characters are perfectly set up for their storyline and players tend to make everything happen according to the script. I've seen some thread about premade couple and found some interesting rare couple. I really love their story and how they did with the pair
Ex: Darren x Brandi, Juliette x Mercutio, Cyd x Landgraab, premade sims x random townie, your sims x premade sims, uberhood couple ...

Do you have any pairings like that? Whatever reasons you pair them (pair just for fun, ruin family, genetics, shipping purpose...), please share with me
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 6:38 PM
I paired Brandi/Dina by accident once (by choosing an interaction not realizing it was romantic) and it worked well, so that's happened a few times in my playthroughs. Also, Dina/Malcolm Landgraab.
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 6:54 PM
I shipped Brandi Broke and Malcolm Landgraab once. It was cute.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 7:27 PM
I did read so much from other players that Pascal and Nervous will make a good couple, so I tried it once in my hood. It did not go well. Nervous refused as much as it was possible. So I made a CAS girl for him.
Theorist
#5 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 7:34 PM
Cassandra Goth/Malcolm Landgraab VI
Dina Caliente/Dirk Dreamer
Brandi Broke/Darren Dreamer

Those are the ones I use frequently.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Theorist
#6 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 8:03 PM
Darren Dreamer and Christy Stratton or Brandi LeTourneau (I've had both at different times and they seem to hit it off well)
Brand Broke and Cyd Roseland
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 9:15 PM
I've considered Cassandra/Kaylynn but never actually got around to trying it out. I'd be curious to hear about anyone who has done it. (To clarify, this would just be Cassandra/Kaylynn; Don belongs with Nina and can keep his cheating paws off the Family sims.)

I put Lola Curious and Ajay Loner together when I played Strangetown some years back. They had good chemistry and seemed to work quite well.

In my current testing hood I've got Strangetown Bella Goth and Julien Cooke throwing up wants to date each other despite originally displaying negative chemistry when they first met. They're now showing 2LB for whatever reason. I'm hoping to find a better match for Julien because Bella is currently trying to whoohoo her way thru the entire Garden Club + Hobby Mavens + High Witches, so I feel like maybe she and Julien are in different places. But maybe he's just looking for a fling himself. Thing is, I feel like he'd probably immediately roll engage/marry wants and that could get awkward.

It's probably just being obvious, but I've also always liked the idea of Buck Grunt/Jill Smith. I don't think I ever did manage to play far enough to pair them off, though.
Scholar
#8 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 10:07 PM
In my Pleasantview right now, Darren Dreamer married Tara Kat and has twins, Marcus and Kathryn. Dina married Malcolm Landgraab IV and has two boys, Malcolm V (Quincy), and Frederick (Freddie). Nina and Kaylynn were roommies when Kaylynn got unexpectedly pregnant from an ill-timed liaison with Don. Nina is in love with Don, Daniel Pleasant, and Gilbert Jacquet, but only Gilles lives with her. He's acting father to Harley Langerak and he and Nina had a baby named Layla. In Academie Le Tour, Blossom Moonbeam got engaged to Tom Freshe, but I don't know if it will stick. She stopped having any wishes related to him after they got engaged and they haven't gotten together all semester. He hasn't had any wishes related to her either. Out of sight out of mind? Alexander and Lucie who went steady in high school and are still going strong in the second semester of freshman year. I'll be separating them for sophomore year to see how they do because University Housing is strictly lottery based. The rest is basically a love dodecahedron of mammoth proportions.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 11:00 PM
Darren and Brandi worked really well in my game, as well as Dustin, Dirk, Beau and Mark (unborn baby broke) they had 7 children together (David, Dean, Darius, Dylan, Daphne, Drake & DJ) and adored each other.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
as well as Dustin, Dirk, Beau and Mark (unborn baby broke) they had 7 children together (David, Dean, Darius, Dylan, Daphne, Drake & DJ) and adored each other.

Are you describing a poly quad that contains 3 brothers, or...?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Are you describing a poly quad that contains 3 brothers, or...?

No just terrible English skills
I mean they (Darren & Brandi) had 7 children together, as well as their other sons.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 12:06 AM
From another thread:

Quote:
Here's a handful of non-standard couples that have happened in my game:

- Leod McGreggor and Cyd Roseland. They're engaged and planning to move into Leod's farm (renaming it McGreggor Farms and Roseland Kennels).
- Darren Dreamer and Natasha Una. There's a bit of an age difference, but Darren doesn't mind all the grilled cheese talk and they're both artists.
- Gavin Newson and Jules O'Mackey. Jules made friends with Ginger Newson, and she got to know Gavin pretty well. It just took a bit of urging on Ginger's part.
- Ginger Newson fell in love with Romeo Monty, but then after the disaster party in Veronaville, is avoiding him.
- Puck Summerdream and Ripp Grunt had their first kiss together, although I can't remember the current status of their relationship.
- Malcolm Landgraab is engaged to Mary-Sue Pleasant. Mary-Sue is planning to run for mayor of Bluewater once she settles in...
- Gilbert Jacquet has a lot of girlfriends. He managed to get Jodie Larson and Chloe Curious pregnant already. He's going to be up to his eyeballs in child support bills unless he learns to use a condom.
- Luis Aspir is dating Dora Ottomas, and is working up the courage to ask for her hand in marriage.
- Opal Contrary had an affair with Castor Nova (and had his kid!) but they decided to amicably break up afterwards.
- Justin Cleveland is going steady with Melody Tinker, although she tried to sneak off to the hot tub with his uncle Geoff. That was awkward. I reloaded.
- Jason Cleveland recently realized he was gay, and is having a secret affair with Andy King from Emerald Heights. His wife, Marissa, is having a secret affair with the landlord. My Sims love getting themselves into trouble.
- Kimberley Cordial had Armand Debateau's child, but decided she wasn't in the place to care for a baby and severed her parental rights. (Armand took custody of him.) Meanwhile, Samantha Cordial is engaged to Gabriel Green.
- Jessica Peterson is dating a dormie called Chuck Wagon from LGU. She keeps rolling wants to get engaged to him despite having a romance secondary. I might oblige...
- Connor Weir and Florence Delarosa are engaged, although he's waiting for Geoff Rutherford to find another roommate (perhaps that one girlfriend of his, Chastity?) before he moves to Bluewater Village.

I particularly like Cyd Roseland and Leod McGreggor. It was super-unexpected, but they're so cute together.

Luis Aspir and Dora Ottomas is another one that I like.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
No just terrible English skills
I mean they (Darren & Brandi) had 7 children together, as well as their other sons.

That's amazing. Sorry. Part of that was my bad reading skills, but my excuse is that my eyes are acting up today and it's hard to see.

Back on the subject of couples, I'd forgotten all about the converted LS hoods, so here are some others I enjoyed:

Sharon Foss/Maximillion Oglethorpe
Agora Tchotchke/Greg Chomsky
Dylan Kincaid/Riley Harlow (if that counts? They were exes in Life Stories, but I didn't even know that when I was playing the converted hoods.)
Waring Sinclair/Sasha Aires
Ashley Sinclair/Samantha Hayden (technically part of a poly quad with Mickey Smith and Alexa Starr, but I liked Ashley/Samantha the best...even tho Samantha kept trying to date Ashley's ex, Warring. )
Sherman Boggle/Kendra Blaise

Sherman and Kendra were the couple who went and just started auto-flirting by the magazine rack at the store even tho I do not have any sort of autonomous romance mods and even though they're both Knowledge without even so much as a secondary in Romance. Agora was the sim who managed to get pregnant on the very first night of her honeymoon and then spent the rest of the vacation sleeping, being fed by her husband, and going on Dream Date after Dream Date just to keep her meters in the green. Damn, I miss that hood. But since I'm playing with OFB now and I've changed so many mods and all it's probably better just to start over.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I paired Brandi/Dina by accident once (by choosing an interaction not realizing it was romantic) and it worked well, so that's happened a few times in my playthroughs. Also, Dina/Malcolm Landgraab.

ACR pushed my genderswapped Dina and Brandi together and they really are rather cute. In my regular uberhood, General Buzz and Alexandra Teatherton are romantically involved, which was pretty cute. Less cute was Victor Aspir macking on Natash Una, who's related to him. Distantly, but still. It got better when Elizabeth went after Natasha herself. And Micky Dosser and Frances J. Worthington was an unexpected couple that's worked out surprisingly well so far.
Scholar
#15 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 1:00 AM
Oh I forgot, Max Flexor is gay and dating Flat Broke (son of Buck and Darlene Broke named for Buck's brother Flat). They're a stable and super cute couple. They're also not in the complicated mess that is the college dating scene right now. They might be getting a quiet little house by themselves next semester, but I haven't decided quite yet. I am enjoying playing fewer, but more chaotic, households.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Micky Dosser and Frances J. Worthington was an unexpected couple that's worked out surprisingly well so far.

I once accidentally got Francis together with Guy Wrightley. This was how I learned that you could turn a sim gay by repeated checking him out. (Because that's exactly how that works irl! )
Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 1:40 AM
If you force a very-straight Sim to flirt/interact romantically with the same gender enough times, the slider gradually turns them bisexual.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#18 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 1:58 AM
Vidcund Curious and Erin Beaker make a good couple. I usually get Leod McGregor and Cleo Shikibu together (I don't think they're particularly interested, but Riverblossom Hills could easily become nothing but singles), and I've paired Buck Grunt with Jill Smith a couple of times.

I've always thought Cyd Roseland and Tara Kat ought to be together, but it never works out and I don't much like Tara anyway, so my current Cyd is happily married to Mary Gavigan.

The weirdest relationship I've had was Garrett Newson and Vidcund Curious, initiated by Garrett when he was at uni and Vidcund was well into elderhood. What made it weird wasn't even so much the age difference as the fact that Garrett had been adopted by Johnny and Ophelia and was therefore legally Vidcund's great-nephew! But that's the Curious family for you.
Scholar
#19 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 2:01 AM
I think the Don in my game is slightly bisexual. Every now and then a male loiterer checks him out an wolf-whistles and he gives the "'Sup?" nod to them. So one day, I decide, "Well his LTW is to woohoo with 20 people, not 20 women, so let's see if he'll go for it." I send Don over to talk to this guy and do some ACR flirting. No matter how tame the flirt, townie shuts him down, and then immediately heart-farts for him. After trying to talk to this guy for like 2 game hours and still having a STR of ~2, I give up. Don can go from 0 to woohoo with a woman in 2 hours. There is no point to trying to get this guy other than a feather in my cap.

Mad Poster
#20 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I've always thought Cyd Roseland and Tara Kat ought to be together, but it never works out and I don't much like Tara anyway, so my current Cyd is happily married to Mary Gavigan.

I'd been considering matching Cyd and Tara, but Cyd rolled as gay. Tara doesn't seem to swing either way.

After I installed ACR in Hazelton, Chester Gieke and Lazlo Curious fell in love in the background of a community lot. I never got around to doing much with that though.

On the more "nope" scale of ACR, in Springwater Denise Jacquet tried to bootycall a still-teenage Johnny Smith.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 4:06 AM
Lola Curious and Gunnar Roque work weirdly well together in my Strangetown. As do Monica Bratford and Vidcund.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#22 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 4:46 AM
Tara Kat and Leod MacGreggor.
Morty Roth and Ophelia Nigmos
Nina Caliente and General Buzz Grunt
Lilith Pleasant and Tank Grunt
Cassandra Goth and Armand DeBateau
Lazlo Curious and Florence Delarosa
Vidcund Curious and Erin Beaker
Nervous Subject and Kent Capp
Pascal Curious and Jane Stacks
Miranda Capp, David Ottomas, and Romeo Monty
Dora Ottomas and Consort Capp
Kirsten Loste and Malcolm Landgraab
Hermia Capp and Frances Worthington
Tybalt Capp and Virginia Beech (Widespot)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#23 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 5:33 AM
I don't have many because I try to integrate premades into my own sim families, but Brandi Broke's third son (the one she's pregnant with at game start) and Heather Huffington from TriVar at Sim State had beautiful children together.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 2:46 PM
Sandra Roth and Joshua Ruben. The first time I played Riverblossom Hills with SSU, they made a beeline for each other, and I thought they were the perfect couple. After that one got corrupted, I again got them together. In this version, Joshua was a little more aimless until he met Sandra. He'd roll wants for her, and once those wants were fulfilled, he'd roll study wants. It was like he was trying to do better for her!
Instructor
#25 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 3:14 PM
Daniel Pleasant and Gilbert Jacquet, They both ended up with a family secondary aspiration and had a really cute family(They had twins three times it was hard to handle all of it)

I need a cigarette
Page 1 of 3