Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

stand-alone ROBOT ARM accessory

by horresco Posted 15th Jan 2020 at 3:50 PM - Updated 29th Mar 2020 at 5:51 PM by horresco

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 7:20 PM
I didn't download this yet because I was hoping it would help with robotics, but despite usually forgetting to say thanks for mods I download, I just had to thank you for bringing me a smile with that intro. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simhead20
I didn't download this yet because I was hoping it would help with robotics, but despite usually forgetting to say thanks for mods I download, I just had to thank you for bringing me a smile with that intro. Thank you.

Aw you're welcome! Honestly if someone can explain to me how i make it help the robotic skill i would just update the file. It's probably not hard and i just have no idea what im doing
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 11:37 PM
I don't have the uni pack. Will this work with the base game, and no uni pack?
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 1:49 PM
Isnt the only way to make clothing make robotics go faster up is to make the code from scratch cause there isnt a default for that?
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dolph
I don't have the uni pack. Will this work with the base game, and no uni pack?

Model is included in Uni only so no
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aturchomicz1234
Isnt the only way to make clothing make robotics go faster up is to make the code from scratch cause there isnt a default for that?

Completly possible, i genuinly have no idea haha.
And thanks for answering Dolph.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 9:03 AM
Hey, great robotic arm. I've grabbed it (hehe). When you have developed your modding talent to Legendary status (which I hope you go on to do), could you perhaps find a way to make a right arm version? I know people can make mirror versions of statues, but I wonder if it's possible with something like this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 9:11 PM Last edited by horresco : 18th Jan 2020 at 10:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by deathrolla
Hey, great robotic arm. I've grabbed it (hehe). When you have developed your modding talent to Legendary status (which I hope you go on to do), could you perhaps find a way to make a right arm version? I know people can make mirror versions of statues, but I wonder if it's possible with something like this.

I can totally try! There's a possibility i won't be able to mirror the bones and everything will be hell but i can totally try haha. I'll send you a message when i added a right arm version to the download. I played around with it a little and it seems like the only issue i have is with mirroring the UV map (this damn UV map... hasn't it tortured me enough?)
What i could totally do tho is take the right robotic arm from the fullbody robot suit and make that a standalone mesh. Just tell me if you're interested in that, tho i personally like this kinda scrappy one a lot more
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 3:45 AM
I love this. Also, I want to say thanks for this. I love to create sims that have an arm like this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 10:06 PM
There seems to be a glitch when paired with certain clothing.
https://imgur.com/pXguggy
Something with the textures it seems. Doesn't just happen with shirts!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brianovaltine
There seems to be a glitch when paired with certain clothing.
https://imgur.com/pXguggy
Something with the textures it seems. Doesn't just happen with shirts!

Hey there! Yea i noticed some of these and sadly i don't really know how to avoid it. The textures are already in the supposedly empty custom spot of the texture map and still it seems like some of the EA clothing uses that spot. I'm assuuuuuuming everything with sleeves is particularly difficult I already made the texture smaller (aka the quality gets worse) to make it fit in there so making it even more small to avoid this stuff would completly ruin how the arm looks and make it pretty nasty and blurry. If there's one special outfit you reaaaaally want to use this arm for and the textures overlap like this, feel free to edit the texture map yourself to make it work for that one outfit. You only need Blender and some graphics program like Gimp for it which is both free.
Sorry i couldn't be more of a help!
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 12:36 AM
Thank you for this, I love having more prosthetic-like options for my sims! I would also like to second the suggestion of a mirrored version for the other arm if it's possible. That would be amazing! I know you mentioned having issues with the UV so I totally understand if it isn't possible or just Too Much, this is still a great piece of CC regardless. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MnemosyneIah
Thank you for this, I love having more prosthetic-like options for my sims! I would also like to second the suggestion of a mirrored version for the other arm if it's possible. That would be amazing! I know you mentioned having issues with the UV so I totally understand if it isn't possible or just Too Much, this is still a great piece of CC regardless. Thanks again!

Thank you! I tried mirroring it but failed pretty hard, i hope i can figure out how to mirror things one day Shouldnt be this hard...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 4:29 PM
Thank you so much for this, your hard work shows. What sort of glasses are those in the screenshots ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Still Simlish
Thank you so much for this, your hard work shows. What sort of glasses are those in the screenshots ?

Thank you! Those glasses get unlocked in the scientist career (get to work) i THINK, so they are not CC
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 4:28 AM
I love this but random townies keep wearing it. Can you disable that?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RequiemBlanchett
I love this but random townies keep wearing it. Can you disable that?

Oh, thanks for letting me know! I fixed it now, delete the old one you have saved and download the new one please and it should be all fine
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 4:52 PM
Anyway that this can be used to replace the model for the actual robot arm? I would love to use the arm without it coming with a shirt.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st May 2020 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by damiankesser
Anyway that this can be used to replace the model for the actual robot arm? I would love to use the arm without it coming with a shirt.

Hello! This is not a default replacement so you will still have the shirt with the arm. I don't know how to make default replacements but feel free to mod yourself
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 6:27 PM
Can you maybe update this to be wearable with other clothing? The textures mix with other clothes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySeraphineCC
Can you maybe update this to be wearable with other clothing? The textures mix with other clothes.

Heyo! It works with a lot of clothes but not all of them sadly. This uses space on the texture map that some other clothes use too so it does a weird overlap sometimes. To make it stop doing that i would have to make this texture smaller but then it gets more blurry and starts looking reaaaaally bad at some point Im afraid this is the best i can do and you need to search an outfit that matches OR edit the texture map of the shirt that causes problems.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 11:38 AM
Absolutely AMAZING, ty!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 31st Jul 2023 at 6:32 PM
I'm not sure why but this isn't showing in my game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MonicaChurch
I'm not sure why but this isn't showing in my game?

Hm that IS weird, i just checked and it still shows up for me (i have the newest updates). Do you have the university pack installed and checked in the right category (rings)?