Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 509 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 2:29 PM Last edited by Anitaka00 : 22nd Mar 2020 at 4:08 PM.
Default Displaying the " conversation box"
Hi guys, hope you are all doing well

I'm currently updading my Nosy Sim mod (Who do you live with & Do you have children interactions). At this point the only thing missing is (I don't know what it's really called) the "conversation status" supposed to show up on the upper left corner when two sims are chatting (as in the picture).

I've seen this question beeing asked on a 2017 thread :
https://modthesims.info/showthread....ght=interaction

As I'm still new to script modding, I don't understand what to add to my script for this to appear. Can anyone explain this?

Thanks in advance and happy simming
Screenshots
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 3:18 PM
Did you look at this post? If you look at the SocialData xmls in the GameplayData.package file it should show you what the data needed for a social interaction should look like. Sorry I can't help more
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 3:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitaka00
Hi guys, hope you are all doing well

I'm currently updading my Nosy Sim mod (Who do you live with & Do you have children interactions). At this point the only thing missing is (I don't know what it's really called) the "conversation status" supposed to show up on the upper left corner when two sims are chatting (as in the picture).

I've seen this question beeing asked on a 2017 thread :
https://modthesims.info/showthread....ght=interaction

As I'm still new to script modding, I don't understand what to add to my script for this to appear. Can anyone explain this?

Thanks in advance and happy simming

The SocialInteraction class is a base class that does not support "Conversations," as they are referred to in the code. "SocialInteractionA" is the preferred class to use, although it works very differently from other interactions.

The easiest way to implement it is to create a SocialData entry for your interaction and inject it on load. Then, in the entry, you can specify a function to run after the interaction is complete, as well as a SocialInteractionA class containing tests, interaction paths and names, etc. You can see the link from zoe22, as well as my own Advice Social Interactions mod, for examples of such an implementation.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 1:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe22
Did you look at this post? If you look at the SocialData xmls in the GameplayData.package file it should show you what the data needed for a social interaction should look like. Sorry I can't help more

Thank you very much for the suggestion, that helped!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 1:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak130
The SocialInteraction class is a base class that does not support "Conversations," as they are referred to in the code. "SocialInteractionA" is the preferred class to use, although it works very differently from other interactions.

The easiest way to implement it is to create a SocialData entry for your interaction and inject it on load. Then, in the entry, you can specify a function to run after the interaction is complete, as well as a SocialInteractionA class containing tests, interaction paths and names, etc. You can see the link from zoe22, as well as my own Advice Social Interactions mod, for examples of such an implementation.

Thank you both for your help, I finally was able to tackle XML and ITUN files.