Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Realistic mannequins + new skintone! [READ DESCRIPTION]

by horresco Posted 27th Mar 2020 at 5:33 PM - Updated 27th Apr 2021 at 2:34 PM by horresco

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 5:58 PM
Something I never knew I needed until this second! Btw, your sense of humor is awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 6:00 PM
Great Idea!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 6:05 PM
Thanks you two! Have fun
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 2:10 AM
Thanks for this. I love it. Can't wait to use it in-game.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 2:59 AM
Default Thank You!
Cool! Awesome work. Been hoping for something like this to come along!

Now if we could just find someone to create a toddler mannequin?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 6:23 AM
HAHAHAHA THIS IS GREAT! Thank you for your contribution!
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 9:03 AM
it doesn't work for me, only show the real glove item, not the entire skin
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Galaadseraph
it doesn't work for me, only show the real glove item, not the entire skin

Hm, that is strange... can you show me a screenshot? Does it show the correct thumbnail for the skin or does that not work too?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 11:16 AM
Thanks this seems to be a fun way for me to continue having clothing shops which I haven't for a loong time
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 5:37 PM
will their be more skin tones in the future?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kpandro59
will their be more skin tones in the future?

To be honest i only needed a realistic female mannequin for one tiny thing and then made the rest kind of to complete the set. It would be really cool to have more skintones and eyecolors but i'm a bit lazy... I could make them super easily if i found the textures for the differnt skintones because the only one i can find online is always just that default one i used here D: But i hope maybe other people will make more skintones! Maybe i could make at least one more set that was a bit darker, that would probably be nice.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by horresco
Hm, that is strange... can you show me a screenshot? Does it show the correct thumbnail for the skin or does that not work too?

The tumbnails work (if it's not the picture you show but only a complete body with the skintone take from s4studio on perspective3D front left view).

and if you want to know, i think it's not the only bug a have : it show only 1 glove in glove selected but its accessible by accesories not sorted. (good search for me xD) but that is not really an issue impov

i will search for conflitc next time i want to play sims4, it could be another mod recolor in that object that make your mod not working, but atm i don't know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Galaadseraph
The tumbnails work (if it's not the picture you show but only a complete body with the skintone take from s4studio on perspective3D front left view).

and if you want to know, i think it's not the only bug a have : it show only 1 glove in glove selected but its accessible by accesories not sorted. (good search for me xD) but that is not really an issue impov

i will search for conflitc next time i want to play sims4, it could be another mod recolor in that object that make your mod not working, but atm i don't know.

Hm, very strange.... for me it all works fine, hmm.. It is a very simple skin so it should work like normal accessories and not be so weird Please tell me when you know what the problem is! I have no idea, sorry D:
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 3:07 AM
thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 1:54 PM
Awesome! I can finally make them look like the students from NPC University! Combined with that one Reptillian mod and a rainbow clown wig, I can make a Honkler Sim too. The possibilities!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 12:11 AM
Very nice, could you also make some with dark skin ??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by torsten74

I finally replied to your message, sorry that it took so long. If anyone can find me the texture files for darker skintones then i would do that right away, i just couldnt find them
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by torsten74

I added a darker skintone now, check it out! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 4:24 PM
So nice!! But...
When the sims buy the outfits, they buy the gloves too and so this skin. So strange to see my dark skin NPC change to light skin in the shop "Wait! Wait! Gloves are not for sale!" :D
Forum Resident
#21 Old 1st May 2021 at 9:28 PM
Default I absolutely love this mod!
This mod is so great! I use this mod populating my medieval castle to give it a "finished" look! My Knight has a small army at the ready! Even my dungeon can have prisoners! I'm working my way through the ages and, although not there yet, I can already envision my moon base or Mars Colony. Thank you so much for bringing this game back to life for me!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th May 2021 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
This mod is so great! I use this mod populating my medieval castle to give it a "finished" look! My Knight has a small army at the ready! Even my dungeon can have prisoners! I'm working my way through the ages and, although not there yet, I can already envision my moon base or Mars Colony. Thank you so much for bringing this game back to life for me!!!

Oh im so happy to hear that!! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#23 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 9:47 PM Last edited by Simorph : 27th Dec 2021 at 8:23 PM.
Default Needs an update? BUT.........
This mod stopped working for me, but I got it to work again, sort of? If it's put in the "gloves" category (as it was originally) you can select it but your mannequin is headless. Very creepy! Great for Simblreen I guess? You can't move it to the head category or the skin category as these are not selectable on mannequins and it isn't a default overlay. So I moved it to the HAT category. The overlay works like before now, and yeah, the head is back! Drawback is you cannot use any hats, none what-so-ever. If you choose a costume that comes with a hat {like the Pirate, etc.), the overlay disappears to the default mannequin skin but is wearing your outfit, hat and all. Hopefully an update will come along to fix this so hats can be used again?
Forum Resident
#24 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 10:30 AM Last edited by Simorph : 12th Jan 2022 at 8:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
This mod stopped working for me, but I got it to work again, sort of? If it's put in the "gloves" category (as it was originally) you can select it but your mannequin is headless. Very creepy! Great for Simblreen I guess? You can't move it to the head category or the skin category as these are not selectable on mannequins and it isn't a default overlay. So I moved it to the HAT category. The overlay works like before now, and yeah, the head is back! Drawback is you cannot use any hats, none what-so-ever. If you choose a costume that comes with a hat {like the Pirate, etc.), the overlay disappears to the default mannequin skin but is wearing your outfit, hat and all. Hopefully an update will come along to fix this so hats can be used again?

Update: So I really wanted my hats And I have wigs that work like hats too. As you know, you cannot select hairstyles for mannequins, that's why you needs hair to be hats. I figured this out. I decide what my mannequin outfit will be and move this mod accordingly, Your previous choices will lock in. I didn't know this! Selected as gloves was a problem for me, no heads. But everything else seems to work. If you move this mod to "rings" you can use hats but not rings. etc.. So. put your skin cover in an accessory your costume won't need. It has to be a selectable category. Even if you change the category later {from hats to rings or rings to hats) your previous outfits won't lose your accessory choices from before. That's so cool!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 6:29 PM
Any chance you could make a blonde ones too? I would love to have some to my Barbie and Ken Store.
Page 1 of 2