Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 6:10 AM
Default Will you play TS5?
So it has been semi-confirmed that there WILL be a TS5...i am trying to contain my excitement. What are your hopes for a TS5 game?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 6:25 AM
No, Just no. After the way they butchered sims 4, I will never trust EA with a new game ever again.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 9:12 AM
Yes. Because how will I know first hand if I like it or not? Airtight logic.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#4 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 9:49 AM
I don't have any hope for it. TS4 has brought them massive amounts of money, even if we think it's disappointing. Why would EA ever change? I don't really have much money anyways, so unless I hear some truly amazing reviews from people in the TS2 community, I won't buy.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 2:28 PM
Depends. I was willing to give TS4 a chance because as much as I love TS2, it is dated, but it was just... boring. There was no challenge. Nothing mattered. (Plus half the base features were ripped out and I wasn't willing to wait months for ghosts and toddlers and pools.) So if TS5 doesn't have fears and aspiration failure and bad moods that actually need you to take action to fix rather than magically disappearing on their own after a few hours, then it's not for me.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 3:30 PM
I sincerely doubt it
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 3:33 PM
After coronavirus there is no way we will love plastic again. If they give for sims realistic look I will think about playing it.
Alchemist
#8 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
What are your hopes for a TS5 game?

That we get aspirations + traits
That we get CAST back
Proper lighting so the inside of houses isn't dark!
That we get the best features from all generations & Sim City merged together: probably objects and object interactions from TS1; there's so much good stuff that I wish was in later games; personality, aspirations, and memories and customization from TS2. Oh and the townies. Didn't know I'd miss them until I got TS3's zombies. Plus the game clock/time system; from TS3, the traits, moodlets, and the skilling/hobby and career system, and LTWs. A tiny dash of story progression--not so much that hoods come full prepopulated with no places for your own sims or no room to build & add stuff of your own. Oh, and you know Pets. As someone who liked Unleashed but hated Pets, TS3's Pets didn't do a bad job; and from TS4... I guess I wouldn't mind the aesthetics; I haven't really played much to know what's good about it.
Also a medieval expansion/stuff pack. No quests, no unlocking crap. Just the main game with medieval stuff.
Ditto for other time periods, like Victorian. Or a steampunk EP!
A proper sims store where they hire creators (hopefully some from the fan base) to make extra content--not just cut up and doll out EP & SP content, but like, actual additional content. So it'd be like getting new cc, but official stuff that works well with the game and fits the aesthetics.

....Yeah, my hopes are pretty high.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 3:56 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Apr 2020 at 1:42 AM.
I think I'll give it some time so it gets a proper round of playtesting from actual players (and not just from those who have joined EA's "happy as long as Sims is slapped onto the cover" cheering squad) before I consider it.

If it's a mainly single-player game for PC, preferably not tied to Origin, and it has potential to be a lot better than TS3/4, I could maybe be interested at some point, but TS3 has running issues, TS4 has failed to impress me in pretty much most ways, so I don't have high hopes for a fifth version. If it's a purely online game or a pay-per-item game like SimSocial (or whatever they're called), or a multiplayer game without a single-player mode, or seems like a worse setup than TS4 or TS3, then I'm not interested.
Theorist
#10 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 4:01 PM
After how crap Sims 3 and Sims 4 were is there any indication that Sims 5 will not stink to high heaven?

Plus...what is the actual news? That there will be, eventually, at some point a game called Sims 5?

If that's all then that's not really news. They seem to be determined to kep Sims 4 alive for as long as possible considering that the game is from 2014 and still getting quite a lot of new content.
So if it's just somebody saying there will be a Sims 5, there's no telling how many years that might take.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 4:53 PM
Is it going to be a mobile game or for pc?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#12 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 5:47 PM
Only if it's very like 2, but with all the bugs and glitches taken care of, with ownable beds, with more intelligent behaviour around babies and toddlers, with way more control over the finances of individual Sims, with no obsessing over every new thing (e.g., no uni wants if the hood has no uni), with the ability to begin a community absolutely from scratch (having to bring in water and electricity, building materials, etc - premade hoods as well, of course, but with this as an option), with farm animals as well as vegetables, with fridges that start empty, with lots of alien-world content . . .

Or I could just get tried and tested mods FREE for TS2. I think my answer is no. EA messed around with the good stuff without fixing the bits that didn't work, twice, so why should I trust their next attempt?
Forum Resident
#13 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 7:59 PM
If Sims 5 is just Sims 2 HD remix then I can honestly say that I'm interested, if not, then I'm not too interested and we all know it's not gonna be Sims 2 HD remix so.... *shrugs* I wouldn't be slightest bit surprised if they now went through with the "Online multiplayer, adult Sims only, pay for every single piece of custom content, no CC from other sources but EA's store" route finally. I'll probably give it a try once its released unless it really turns out to be online-multiplayer but my expectations are below 0 already, if I don't expect anything then there's still slight chance they might positively surprise me right?

I don't want that much from the game really: bodyshapes, somewhat working genetics (like in Sims 2), ability to create custom content without someone needing to create tools for it first, different character traits having more impact than changed text strings, ability to join my sims at work/school and alpha hair by default - oh and it could be bit darker and harder again, Sims 4 is like baby game that plays itself for you without you needing to put much effort in it. What I don't want are useless moodlets that are just text strings, walls of text telling me what my sim is doing off screen, creepy "more emotional" sims that forget their mother died 2 hours ago 'cause they're having so much fun doing other things etc. Overall, the more the game is like Sims 2 and the less like it's like Sims 3/4 the better. I don't even want it to be super realistic or anything, I just want it to not look like playdoh or clay. :/
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
If Sims 5 is just Sims 2 HD remix then I can honestly say that I'm interested, if not, then I'm not too interested and we all know it's not gonna be Sims 2 HD remix so.... *shrugs* I wouldn't be slightest bit surprised if they now went through with the "Online multiplayer, adult Sims only, pay for every single piece of custom content, no CC from other sources but EA's store" route finally. I'll probably give it a try once its released unless it really turns out to be online-multiplayer but my expectations are below 0 already, if I don't expect anything then there's still slight chance they might positively surprise me right?

I don't want that much from the game really: bodyshapes, somewhat working genetics (like in Sims 2), ability to create custom content without someone needing to create tools for it first, different character traits having more impact than changed text strings, ability to join my sims at work/school and alpha hair by default - oh and it could be bit darker and harder again, Sims 4 is like baby game that plays itself for you without you needing to put much effort in it. What I don't want are useless moodlets that are just text strings, walls of text telling me what my sim is doing off screen, creepy "more emotional" sims that forget their mother died 2 hours ago 'cause they're having so much fun doing other things etc. Overall, the more the game is like Sims 2 and the less like it's like Sims 3/4 the better. I don't even want it to be super realistic or anything, I just want it to not look like playdoh or clay. :/

Frankly it does look like it will incorporated online in the next expac: "As Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation across platforms and a cloud-enabled world, you should imagine that while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self-improvement motivation, that this notion of social interaction and competition – like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims Online many years ago – will start to become part of the ongoing The Sims experience in the years to come."
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 8:05 PM
Sad that the whole online multiplayer thing will be a potential for microtransactions for EA which means more profit and also more resources funneled into it. Not sure what this will mean for the single player aspect of it, things dont seem too promising.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 10:54 PM
Create-a-World. Make your own world and place your own Lots. Maybe charge for the program if need be, if EAxis wants to make profit. Charge for other special creation packages, but for Pete's sake, make a good game that simmers will LIKE!

... um, also hire the four VAs from Sims 2. Kieran's voice is very distinctive, and expressive.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 11:09 PM
Only if my potato can run it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#18 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 12:36 AM
If it's an offline, single player game, I'll at least try it.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 12:42 AM
I was willing to try 3, but I had no faith in 4 from the beginning. I think my minimum requirements for me to try the game out would be: 1) offline, single-player, PC, 2) sims don't look like blobs/pudding, 3) fully moddable without decompilation, and 4) all types of objects and ages from the TS2 basegame are included at initial launch. I doubt very much that TS5 will meet those requirements.
Scholar
#20 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 1:27 AM
If it was like Sims 2 but with a more open neighborhood and that is all..... then maybe.
But I still want control over each household.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#21 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 1:36 AM
No online. Has to get reviews that show it to be the sort of game I would play.

You know what online sims would look like for me? "Your sim has died of starvation due to lag." That's what. We have the best internet available and my husband still can't work from home because it's so bad. Offline is 100% non-optional.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#22 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 1:44 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Apr 2020 at 2:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
"...that this notion of social interaction and competition like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims Online many years ago will start to become part of the ongoing The Sims experience in the years to come."

Online, social interaction and competition - just what I don't want in my Sims games...

I understand the whole online registration thing as a DRM, but I don't want to be forced to connect to the internet every time I want to play, and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people with unstable internet connections who'd like to be able to play offline. I also don't want tamagotchi sims I have to keep track of even when I'm not playing, or "wait for 4 actual hours to make sim do task X" or needing 10 additional friends playing to get benefits.

Social interaction - I get more than enough of that through forums. When I play I prefer playing alone. For the love of sanity I don't want anyone but me messing about in my game. No, nope, absolutely not! Showing pictures and videos is fine, and maaaaybe letting someone play the game under careful watch by me (people I know, in the same room, with me making sure my saves are safe), but there is absolutely no way in hell I'll let any complete stranger have access to my saved games.

Competition has no room in the game. Sure, challenges and such in a forum-based environment is fine, but if you turn Sims into a game of competition it's no longer the same type of game.

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Only if my potato can run it.

Potato friendly would be nice... But EA's current version of potato friendly is apparently baked potato...
Theorist
#23 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 2:31 AM
Yeah if it's one thing I definitely never want in my Sims game it's other people. And the whole crap an online Sims game would bring.
Imagine them disabling cheats or modded objects "to keep things fair for all players". Imagine somebody moving into the lot next to yours and bothering you.
Imagine having to interact with other people in general while you play. Blergh!

And everything I've read and seen of Sims Online seemed absolutely terrible.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Yeah if it's one thing I definitely never want in my Sims game it's other people. And the whole crap an online Sims game would bring.
Imagine them disabling cheats or modded objects "to keep things fair for all players". Imagine somebody moving into the lot next to yours and bothering you.
Imagine having to interact with other people in general while you play. Blergh!

And everything I've read and seen of Sims Online seemed absolutely terrible.

It would be okay if it was a choice that could be turned on or off. However, EA are not known for giving choices. :/

As To playing it, I will do what I have always done, wait and watch. As soon as the 2008 Sims 3 picture of sims sitting on a picnic blanket aired as a teaser, I knew everything was going downhill.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#25 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 4:34 AM
I'll probably order TS5 at the first opportunity and at least give it a chance to succeed.

I pre-ordered Sims3 and it lasted about a month before I uninstalled it, not even because of the things I disliked, but due to its constant crashing. So I went back to TS2.

I pre-ordered Sims4 and according to Origin, I played it more than 250 hours the first two months following its release. It was really interesting and enjoyable discovering all the new things with the first few families but then it grew very old very quickly for me. In month three, I played less than 10 hours. The replay-ability just wasn't there in my opinion. It got boring. So once again I returned to Sims2 and actions that I've seen TS2 Sims do hundreds, if not thousands of times.

So yes, I'll give TS5 a chance. But I don't hold out much hope for it as again it'll most likely be designed for the light clients (mobile/cloud/web) which means less sophisticated programming, less depth and far less nuances than what we enjoy in TS2.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Page 1 of 3