Replies: 26 (Who?), Viewed: 1131 times.
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 12:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I Think My Neighborhood is Corrupted?
I have already gone through the game help guide and gone through the steps of backing up, 50/50 method etc. What I have discovered is that when I take my Neighborhood folder out of my game but leave all my downloads in, my problem stops. Does this mean my neighborhood is corrupted?

The problem was an adult female sim not being able to select everyday outfit clothes despite having many to choose from. I thought it was a piece of content I downloaded but now I'm thinking it must be the neighborhood.

Will anyone take pity on me and put your 2 cents in? :-)

Thanks!
Sasha
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 1:11 AM
Do you happen to have Squinge's "PregnancyWearAll" hack and Inteen? Those mods combined can cause some iffy behavior with the everyday outfits, but it does seem to be a bit random. I've had this happen in my game, but I use a clothing mod to go around the issue, and I've made sure Squinge's mod loads last.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 1:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Do you happen to have Squinge's "PregnancyWearAll" hack and Inteen? Those mods combined can cause some iffy behavior with the everyday outfits, but it does seem to be a bit random. I've had this happen in my game, but I use a clothing mod to go around the issue, and I've made sure Squinge's mod loads last.


I use to have the PregnancyWearAll hack but I think I got rid of that. I'll have to double check. I do not have Inteen. Which is the clothing mod you use?

Thank you!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 1:37 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th Apr 2020 at 3:16 PM.
I use the Wardrobe Wrangler Adjuster item that comes with the Insimenator, but there are others that would work the same way.

You may want to check if you have other hacks/mods that modify wardrobes or clothing behavior, just in case some are interfering. Maybe the HDCU can be of help. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2063

(Edited due to brain fart )
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 4:02 AM
Just to clarify what Simmer22 said, the Wardrobe Adjuster is the Insimenator piece (looks like a small stack of shirts) which allows many outfit options for your Sims like Buy, Plan, Change Into, etc. The Wardrobe Wrangler is a different utility entirely. You might use the Wardrobe Wrangler to classify some outfits as Maternity wear so that your Sims can then easily change into them using the Insimenator's Wardrobe Adjuster.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 4:54 AM
If another hood loads and plays fine with your download folder in then the issue is not in your download folder but it could be with that specific sim or the lot they are on. Try moving them to a fresh blank lot and placing a Maxis wardrobe to be sure.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 5:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
I use the Wardrobe Wrangler item that comes with the Insimenator, but there are others that would work the same way.

You may want to check if you have other hacks/mods that modify wardrobes or clothing behavior, just in case some are interfering. Maybe the HDCU can be of help. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2063


Thank you! I already checked that. :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Do you happen to have Squinge's "PregnancyWearAll" hack and Inteen? Those mods combined can cause some iffy behavior with the everyday outfits, but it does seem to be a bit random. I've had this happen in my game, but I use a clothing mod to go around the issue, and I've made sure Squinge's mod loads last.


I do not have the Pregnancy Wear All hack.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
If another hood loads and plays fine with your download folder in then the issue is not in your download folder but it could be with that specific sim or the lot they are on. Try moving them to a fresh blank lot and placing a Maxis wardrobe to be sure.


Ok so, joandsarah, it seems to be the particular sim. It's Wanda Tinker who lives in the Bluewater Village attached to Strangetown in my game. Natasha Una is able to plan her everyday outfit over in Desiderata Valley. Both using Maxis dressers. Also, I moved the Tinkers in Bluewater Village to an empty house and Wanda still can't plan her everyday outfit.

Also, I moved the Singles into the Tinker's original (now empty) home and they are all able to plan their everyday outfits.

So, what do I about Wanda? Can I generate a new Bluewater Village or do I have to regenerate a whole new Strangetown to get a new Wanda Tinker? Should I just kill her in game? Is this something I can fix with the Batbox?

Thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 12:15 AM
Have you Run Hood Checker? If not do that and tell it to remove what it can.
Did you turn on testing cheats and get an error?

Check the Bat Box and remove anything on her that you can like gossip, attraction markers etc.
Lastly, open her in simPE. For whatever reason twice I had glitched sims and removing inventory items fixed them. just highlight and delete inventory items. I forget where that is but look under all the tabs and see how she looks in other areas as well.

If you are using the game's hood as shipped know they come already corrupted so play life can be short. If she still isn't fixed I would be more inclined to kill her off. I would probably ignore a small glitch like this but if she were crashing the game or had other glitches that made playing difficult enough, that's what I would do.

If you really want to go to trouble you could extract and clone her, kill the real one, remove the memories of her dying from the family and put the clone in as her and set her up with flags and some memories.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 12:28 AM Last edited by sashagillis : 13th Apr 2020 at 8:40 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Have you Run Hood Checker? If not do that and tell it to remove what it can.
Did you turn on testing cheats and get an error?

Check the Bat Box and remove anything on her that you can like gossip, attraction markers etc.
Lastly, open her in simPE. For whatever reason twice I had glitched sims and removing inventory items fixed them. just highlight and delete inventory items. I forget where that is but look under all the tabs and see how she looks in other areas as well.

If you are using the game's hood as shipped know they come already corrupted so play life can be short. If she still isn't fixed I would be more inclined to kill her off. I would probably ignore a small glitch like this but if she were crashing the game or had other glitches that made playing difficult enough, that's what I would do.

If you really want to go to trouble you could extract and clone her, kill the real one, remove the memories of her dying from the family and put the clone in as her and set her up with flags and some memories.


Thank you so much! I've never used SimPE before or hood checker but I am willing to give it a try. If all else fails I think I will just kill her off. :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 12:26 AM
So, I am back at square one. When testing if the other AF sims in my game could choose their everyday outfit, they had no CC clothes "in their dressers". When they get CC clothes, they can't choose it either so it must be a file. I have already tried the 50/50 method. I guess I'm going to have to go through them one at a time. That's gonna take a while. :-(
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 12:45 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Apr 2020 at 1:04 AM.
Is it only the Wanda Tinker sim that has this problem, or are there other random sims in the neighborhood with clothing issues, too?

I'm not familiar with all the English names for the default sims, but I'm guessing this sim is one that comes with Bluewater. Has she ever had access to the wardrobe, or did she have this borked behavior to begin with? If she's an EAxis-made sim it could be be she's borked. Goodness only knows how much the various sims around the towns got borked, so I'd not be surprised over random weirdness like this. Maybe someone else can test if the behavior is the same in their game for this sim?

Exactly what happens when you try to select an outfit for the sim? Can you see the outfits? Can you click them? Does the game misbehave in some way? Can you change between full outfit and separates? Can you pick an outfit and click the V but the sim doesn't change their outfit?

Have you made sure to buy outfits for the sim? (I know that's a very 'duh, obviously!' question - but yeh never know...). And if you're looking at separates, have you checked that you have at least one top and one bottom?

Have you checked if the problem still happens with mods that access the wardrobe (Insimenator, Simblender, SimManipulator, etc.)?
- these can be a way around the problem if you can't figure out what's wrong. Personally I mostly use the Insim Wardrobe Adjuster item (it's a separate item in the buy and Spawn menu) to get around the occasional issues I've had with adult female clothes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 1:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Is it only the Wanda Tinker sim that has this problem, or are there other random sims in the neighborhood with clothing issues, too?

I'm not familiar with all the English names for the default sims, but I'm guessing this sim is one that comes with Bluewater. Has she ever had access to the wardrobe, or did she have this borked behavior to begin with? If she's an EAxis-made sim it could be be she's borked. Goodness only knows how much the various sims around the towns got borked, so I'd not be surprised over random weirdness like this. Maybe someone else can test if the behavior is the same in their game for this sim?

Exactly what happens when you try to select an outfit for the sim? Can you see the outfits? Can you click them? Does the game misbehave in some way? Can you change between full outfit and separates? Can you pick an outfit and click the V but the sim doesn't change their outfit?

Have you made sure to buy outfits for the sim? (I know that's a very 'duh, obviously!' question - but yeh never know...). And if you're looking at separates, have you checked that you have at least one top and one bottom?

Have you checked if the problem still happens with mods that access the wardrobe (Insimenator, Simblender, SimManipulator, etc.)?
- these can be a way around the problem if you can't figure out what's wrong. Personally I mostly use the Insim Wardrobe Adjuster item (it's a separate item in the buy and Spawn menu) to get around the occasional issues I've had with adult female clothes.


At first I thought it was just Wanda Tinker but it's not. It's all AF sims with CC clothes. Wanda does come with Bluewater. She's the one whose husband is supposed to be a toymaker. All my AF sims used to be able to choose their everyday outfit but now none of them can if they have CC clothes.

When I click on any dresser, as an AF sim with CC clothes, and select Plan Outfit all of the options come up except for everyday. And yes, they have almost all of the outfits in my game both CC and Maxis. I can't get to either the full body or the separate outfits. They are able to buy them at the shops but can't choose them and wear them once they get back home.

I don't have any mods that access the wardrobe. Maybe I will try the wardrobe wrangler first to see if it will allow me to choose their everyday outfits from that.

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 1:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Is it only the Wanda Tinker sim that has this problem, or are there other random sims in the neighborhood with clothing issues, too?

I'm not familiar with all the English names for the default sims, but I'm guessing this sim is one that comes with Bluewater. Has she ever had access to the wardrobe, or did she have this borked behavior to begin with? If she's an EAxis-made sim it could be be she's borked. Goodness only knows how much the various sims around the towns got borked, so I'd not be surprised over random weirdness like this. Maybe someone else can test if the behavior is the same in their game for this sim?

Exactly what happens when you try to select an outfit for the sim? Can you see the outfits? Can you click them? Does the game misbehave in some way? Can you change between full outfit and separates? Can you pick an outfit and click the V but the sim doesn't change their outfit?

Have you made sure to buy outfits for the sim? (I know that's a very 'duh, obviously!' question - but yeh never know...). And if you're looking at separates, have you checked that you have at least one top and one bottom?

Have you checked if the problem still happens with mods that access the wardrobe (Insimenator, Simblender, SimManipulator, etc.)?
- these can be a way around the problem if you can't figure out what's wrong. Personally I mostly use the Insim Wardrobe Adjuster item (it's a separate item in the buy and Spawn menu) to get around the occasional issues I've had with adult female clothes.


I can't seem to find the wardrobe adjuster. All the download links to it are all old and 404'd. :-( Does anyone know where i can download it now?
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 2:39 AM
Do you have Pescado's clothingtool.package from MATY? It worked for me, when I had an issue with random Sims not being able to change their outfits.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 3:05 AM
No, is it like the Wardrobe Adjuster? I found it but what does it do exactly? There is also a clothingtool.package and a clothingtool-globals.package. Do I need both?

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 3:14 AM Last edited by sashagillis : 16th Apr 2020 at 3:26 AM.
Interesting plot twist: It seems that only the AF sims in my Bluewater Village attached to Strangetown can't choose their everyday outfits. AF sims in other neighborhoods can choose their everyday outfits even with CC clothes. So, it's that neighborhood, huh?

EDIT: can you delete subhoods with living sims in them?
Mad Poster
#19 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 3:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashagillis
I can't seem to find the wardrobe adjuster. All the download links to it are all old and 404'd. :-( Does anyone know where i can download it now?


http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,100226.0.html

(Keep in mind it's unsupported, but it does work fine - I've had this version since the latest AL/M&G update back in 2008 or some such. If I remember correctly, the "Sim" version has sim and destination menus in addition to in the buy menu - it's the one I have because I prefer the accessible menus, "Dest" version has menus for destination only, while the "OBJ" version only has the items in either misc/misc or electronics/misc, and is thought to be the safest one. The Wardrobe Adjuster can either be spawned onto the lot by clicking the ground and choosing "Spawn... --> Wardrobe Adjuster", or you find the object that looks like a pile of clothes in the menu. It has a lot of the "testingcheats" functions, but as long as you're careful and don't do anything stupid it won't cause any issues).

There's also the SimBlender: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0
and the SimManipulator: https://simmanipulator.forumotion.c...sim-manipulator
They're technically also unsupported, but they are updated for AL/M&G and seem to be fairly stable, like the Insim mod.).

(I only have experience with Insim and SimBlender, mostly using Insim because that's the one I've used for as long as I can remember having used mods - but they are compatible, so you can always try them out and compare. There are some differences between the three mods, so if you want to you can have all three. They come in handy for quite a lot of other uses than clothing changes).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 4:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,100226.0.html

(Keep in mind it's unsupported, but it does work fine - I've had this version since the latest AL/M&G update back in 2008 or some such. If I remember correctly, the "Sim" version has sim and destination menus in addition to in the buy menu - it's the one I have because I prefer the accessible menus, "Dest" version has menus for destination only, while the "OBJ" version only has the items in either misc/misc or electronics/misc, and is thought to be the safest one. The Wardrobe Adjuster can either be spawned onto the lot by clicking the ground and choosing "Spawn... --> Wardrobe Adjuster", or you find the object that looks like a pile of clothes in the menu. It has a lot of the "testingcheats" functions, but as long as you're careful and don't do anything stupid it won't cause any issues).

There's also the SimBlender: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0
and the SimManipulator: https://simmanipulator.forumotion.c...sim-manipulator
They're technically also unsupported, but they are updated for AL/M&G and seem to be fairly stable, like the Insim mod.).

(I only have experience with Insim and SimBlender, mostly using Insim because that's the one I've used for as long as I can remember having used mods - but they are compatible, so you can always try them out and compare. There are some differences between the three mods, so if you want to you can have all three. They come in handy for quite a lot of other uses than clothing changes).


Thank you so much! I will give these a try.
Scholar
#21 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 4:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashagillis
No, is it like the Wardrobe Adjuster? I found it but what does it do exactly? There is also a clothingtool.package and a clothingtool-globals.package. Do I need both?

Thank you!


I've never used the Wardrobe Adjuster, so I have no idea if it's similar. I don't recall having to download anything other than the clothingtool.package, and I'm afraid I can't remember how it worked, only that it did (this was about three years ago; I posted about the problem and lordtyger9 told me to try the clothingtool). It must be really easy to use, if I managed it, because I'm completely clueless and pretty much the only mods I had back then were the essential ones.

@lordtyger9 Can you remember how this works?
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAlien
I've never used the Wardrobe Adjuster, so I have no idea if it's similar. I don't recall having to download anything other than the clothingtool.package, and I'm afraid I can't remember how it worked, only that it did (this was about three years ago; I posted about the problem and lordtyger9 told me to try the clothingtool). It must be really easy to use, if I managed it, because I'm completely clueless and pretty much the only mods I had back then were the essential ones.

@lordtyger9 Can you remember how this works?


The clothingtool just needs the one mod file "clothingtool.package", the other one is for automatically changing clothes when a Sim grows up and I don't use that one. To use the clothingtool one buys it in misc./miscelanous {I think} and then in game you have the sim that you want to change clothes and appearance click on it, it looks like a pile of clothes. One can also use a mod like Merola64's MindControlMirror to make a other wise unselectable Sim, selectable and then use the clothingtoo, l I do this a lot. Either way the clothingtool is very intuitive when you click on it, so it is not really necessary to explain it in detail, just click and choose one of the options to buy clothes etc. and it works, once you are done with the clothes you are presented with a window in which you can change the appearance of the sim, but that is optional.

I did not include more detail on the exact menu, because I mostly just buy clothes when the sim is on their home lot and if I am changing a sim that does not live on that lot there is an option to change their clothes, but I forget the exact wording. Every so often I use the option to grab their work outfit. Anyway like I wrote the menu that you get is simple and intutive when I use it, which is a lot.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 11:11 PM
Thank you all so very much! I do intend to check out all these cool tools and I can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone's help! However, I think I am getting very close to finding the culprit file(s). It's definitely some piece of clothing or clothing related download or combination of downloads that I have. I am determined to get to the bottom of these shenanigans!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9
The clothingtool just needs the one mod file "clothingtool.package", the other one is for automatically changing clothes when a Sim grows up and I don't use that one. To use the clothingtool one buys it in misc./miscelanous {I think} and then in game you have the sim that you want to change clothes and appearance click on it, it looks like a pile of clothes. One can also use a mod like Merola64's MindControlMirror to make a other wise unselectable Sim, selectable and then use the clothingtoo, l I do this a lot. Either way the clothingtool is very intuitive when you click on it, so it is not really necessary to explain it in detail, just click and choose one of the options to buy clothes etc. and it works, once you are done with the clothes you are presented with a window in which you can change the appearance of the sim, but that is optional.

I did not include more detail on the exact menu, because I mostly just buy clothes when the sim is on their home lot and if I am changing a sim that does not live on that lot there is an option to change their clothes, but I forget the exact wording. Every so often I use the option to grab their work outfit. Anyway like I wrote the menu that you get is simple and intutive when I use it, which is a lot.


BTW, @lordtyger9, I follow you on Tumblr. I'm megadevotedlyfuriousbouquet. :D
Mad Poster
#25 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 12:22 AM
I think I have the Clothingtool too, but I'm fairly sure at least one of the options has the "shows generic sim" issue, or removes the hair of the sim, or shows a different face, or whatever it was (been a while - I don't use it often). It has a lot of neat options, and has some uses the other mods don't have, but it also has some annoyances. It's compatible with the others, so you don't absolutely have to pick a favorite.

Another thing I like with the wardrobe Adjuster is that it changes clothing categories on sims immediately, without the swirling or other interactions, and you can buy clothes from home. I think that's true for the other two as well (can't remember for the clothing tool). I use it alongside the object I can never remember the name of, but it looks like Grim's hourglass - it has change appearance and a few other things.
Page 1 of 2
Back to top