Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval Cookbook - Read Description

by Littlbowbub Posted 9th May 2020 at 1:13 PM - Updated 1st Aug 2021 at 12:14 AM by Littlbowbub

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th May 2020 at 1:37 PM
This is really special. Love it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th May 2020 at 2:38 PM
I am getting a rar file error with your gruel when I try to unzip the file.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th May 2020 at 4:25 PM
Ouuu My God! <3 Thank you so much for sharing! #Breadlover
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th May 2020 at 5:16 PM
Thank you so much for this awesome idea :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2020 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by motortrendhunny

I'm not sure what's happening there.. I downloaded the file and extracted it fine with no problems.. maybe re-download and extract again?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th May 2020 at 10:48 AM
Thanks for another great recipe book. My Sims love and use your Grannies Cookbook all the time so this will be handy too for them
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th May 2020 at 4:42 PM
This is perfect for one of my households. Thank you for your magical cookbooks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th May 2020 at 8:50 PM
Thank you, just what was needed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th May 2020 at 3:27 PM
Love this! Thank you!! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th May 2020 at 3:28 PM
I redownloaded the mod and the file downloaded without error! sorry about the error report lol … not sure what happened! it was probably what they call user error haha
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th May 2020 at 9:04 PM
I love your cookbook mods! The recipes look so fun :D
Inventor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th May 2020 at 3:49 PM
I love this one, thanks! What I love the best is that it is one object to place and no extra CC ingredients needed. Love the "simplicity" of that!!!! I truly appreciate your work, thanks!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th May 2020 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedMallie
I love this one, thanks! What I love the best is that it is one object to place and no extra CC ingredients needed. Love the "simplicity" of that!!!! I truly appreciate your work, thanks!!!

Thank you

There is a decent amount of harvestables in game so I thought it would be nice to utilise them better and give them more meaning to gameplay! Plus it makes my sims work for their meal
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th May 2020 at 8:58 PM
Are you planning on translating this? I could help you with the Spanish one.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th May 2020 at 11:45 AM
Hello, I did the translation in Portuguese, how can I send it?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th May 2020 at 4:37 PM
I love this and use it Often in Game!! I just wish there was a chicken vegetable soup that had healing colds properties. You know instead of drinking from a bottle to mask symptoms, eat stout foods like Helga has prepared. ;-))
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th May 2020 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by motortrendhunny

Hello. You need to unrar a .rar file not unzip it. two different programs. right click on .rar file and extract here is what I use. Cut and paste into the Mods folder.
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 1:22 PM
Sadly, it doesn't work in my game. The sims will start chopping up vegetables for the stew, but then suddenly stop and won't progress. Could this be because I'm playing an off the grid household?
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 5:00 PM
Hey I was wondering if this is compatible with Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul? I've been looking to try that and definitely this medieval cookbook when I start my medieval longplay.. If someone is using both mods, I'd be happy to hear how they work together!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 9:30 PM
Excited to try this and wondering is there any chance this would work with grills? If not have you considered making versions of some of them for the grill? Not playing medieval(at the moment), but my sims are roughing it and there is a lack of recipes(especially breakfast food) for the grill and I can see some of these making sense there as well.

And a another thought, have you considered making some prehistoric(fire-pit centric hopefully) recipes? I play history challenge and my cave sims can only eat fish if they want to eat realistic meals that actually use ingredients.Not to mention that white plate -_-
Field Researcher
#22 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sahmormakmom
I love this and use it Often in Game!! I just wish there was a chicken vegetable soup that had healing colds properties. You know instead of drinking from a bottle to mask symptoms, eat stout foods like Helga has prepared. ;-))

Chicken soup that treats illness(a la the in game orange juice) is an awesome idea. I'd love an Italian Wedding too. I love Italian Wedding especially when I'm sick. Although those might fit better with the modders other cookbook which I'm about to go snag :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 2:55 AM
I love this mod! However, I have a suggestion: do you think it could be possible to make this work with off-the-grid lots? Currently it does not (tried it in my game and the sims won't start cooking on an off-the-grid lot yet they resume cooking if I remove the lot trait) and it would make a lot of sense in medieval gameplay. I would love you forever! Anycase I think this is a great mod, thank you for sharing! ^^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1SimmerDown
I love this mod! However, I have a suggestion: do you think it could be possible to make this work with off-the-grid lots? Currently it does not (tried it in my game and the sims won't start cooking on an off-the-grid lot yet they resume cooking if I remove the lot trait) and it would make a lot of sense in medieval gameplay. I would love you forever! Anycase I think this is a great mod, thank you for sharing! ^^

Hi! I'll look into this because I'd also love to use the book off the grid (it only makes sense!) but I think EA have coded things oddly so that you can only cook mac and cheese off the grid.. or something like that but hopefully it'll be easy enough to do.. *hopefully* :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sahmormakmom

This is a good idea! I'll make a note of this for future updates! :D
Page 1 of 2