Replies: 31 (Who?), Viewed: 1092 times.
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2020 at 5:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Roads Not Showing Up In Custom Hood.
I am using The Sim City 4 on my mac to make my custom hood. However when I load my hood in game the roads do not show up. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I always make sure the Sc4 file is my current save.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 18th May 2020 at 5:49 AM
Are you using the basic road type? I believe there's only the one that will transfer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2020 at 3:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelflaed
Are you using the basic road type? I believe there's only the one that will transfer.


Yes I believe so. I don't know what could be wrong.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2020 at 4:11 PM
There are two basic roads in Sim City, a cheaper light gray one and a more expensive dark gray one. Only the dark gray one transfers.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2020 at 4:22 PM Last edited by Colors100 : 18th May 2020 at 4:49 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
There are two basic roads in Sim City, a cheaper light gray one and a more expensive dark gray one. Only the dark gray one transfers.


The dark gray one is the one I am using, but it does not show up when I load the game.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th May 2020 at 7:59 PM
Okay, where on the map are they and are you using camera mods? The area the default game cameras can see is surprisingly small, and in the center of the map. I used to know how many SC4 squares TS2 could see, but I've forgotten. If you're using a camera mod that lets you see all the way to the edges, though, that will wipe out that possibility.

TS2 also can't see diagonal roads, but I presume you didn't create a map with only diagonals.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th May 2020 at 8:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Okay, where on the map are they and are you using camera mods? The area the default game cameras can see is surprisingly small, and in the center of the map. I used to know how many SC4 squares TS2 could see, but I've forgotten. If you're using a camera mod that lets you see all the way to the edges, though, that will wipe out that possibility.

TS2 also can't see diagonal roads, but I presume you didn't create a map with only diagonals.


I am using Gunmods's camera mod for the Sims 2 can see everything in neighborhood view. As for SC4 I am not using any diagonal roads and I am using the smallest map in the game to create the hood. The roads are in the middle of my map, so they would be easy to see if they actually showed up.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th May 2020 at 9:09 PM
Damn. Then I've got nothing, sorry. I hope you can work it out. That's frustrating.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th May 2020 at 9:18 PM Last edited by Colors100 : 19th May 2020 at 12:39 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Damn. Then I've got nothing, sorry. I hope you can work it out. That's frustrating.

No worries! Thanks for your help, I hope I can find a fix soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd May 2020 at 2:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Damn. Then I've got nothing, sorry. I hope you can work it out. That's frustrating.


Also just a random thought but do you think this problem could be specific to my computer? Do you think I could send you the Sc4 terrain to see if the roads show up in your game?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd May 2020 at 5:27 AM
It's worth a shot. The easiest thing generally is to upload it somewhere and send a link. If nothing else it would be more information.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd May 2020 at 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
It's worth a shot. The easiest thing generally is to upload it somewhere and send a link. If nothing else it would be more information.


Here is the link to the Sc4 terrain. http://www.mediafire.com/file/tx3k1...w_City.sc4/file Thanks again so much for testing this out! *crosses fingers* I hope this works!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 23rd May 2020 at 10:45 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck with it either. Just loaded up a quick test game to give it a look see for you.

Hopefully , you can get it sorted , good luck !

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th May 2020 at 1:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck with it either. Just loaded up a quick test game to give it a look see for you.

Hopefully , you can get it sorted , good luck !


Do you know their is a way to edit an existing sc4? Like if someone where to edit my Sc4 and then delete their edit and save. I wonder If they save it in their Sim City game it will fix my problem.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 24th May 2020 at 2:07 AM
I have no idea , sorry. Hopefully someone can answer your question.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#16 Old 24th May 2020 at 7:22 AM
Yeah, I can't get roads either. This is bizarre.

There's supposed to be a way to import SC4 maps into SC4; but I haven't figured it out. You can edit it again where you created it, of course; but there's no reason to think the second attempt would work any better.

You're absolutely positive you saved it after you added the roads? (Yeah, I'm stretching. But I myself would be perfectly capable of forgetting to save and not realizing it.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th May 2020 at 6:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Yeah, I can't get roads either. This is bizarre.

There's supposed to be a way to import SC4 maps into SC4; but I haven't figured it out. You can edit it again where you created it, of course; but there's no reason to think the second attempt would work any better.

You're absolutely positive you saved it after you added the roads? (Yeah, I'm stretching. But I myself would be perfectly capable of forgetting to save and not realizing it.)


Yes I have made sure to always save. What I think I am going to do is make apost asking if someone knows how to import an existing terrain in sc4 and then ask them if they can help fix this problem. Thank you all so much for your help and advice :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th May 2020 at 8:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
According to this: https://community.simtropolis.com/f...ld-sc4-files/  it should work. 


Thank you so much for posting this! Would anyone in this thread be willing to learn this to help fix my problem?
Field Researcher
#20 Old 24th May 2020 at 8:24 PM Last edited by jain : 24th May 2020 at 8:34 PM.
I use Simcity4 to create neighborhoods or modify existing ones. First you have to create a Downloads folder and place it in your Simcity4 Regions folder. Then you put your sc4 files in that folder. To modify an existing neighborhood - the sc4 file - it's just a matter of importing the sc4 file into Simcity4 after placing it into that Downloads folder. Start the Simcity4 game. Open your Downloads Region, select a small city square (has to be a small one), select 'import' and a list of the sc4 city files you placed in the Downloads folder will show up as options. Pick one and start playing it. Save it when you're done.

I downloaded your sc4 file and saved it under the Downloads Region folder. However, when I go to import a city, your city does not show up as an option. It simply doesn't show up. If I had to guess, I'd say the file is corrupt. I don't know how a mac saves the sc4 files, whether there's some sort of file difference, so maybe that's why it won't even appear as an option on my computer.

ETA: I modify very old sc4 files pretty frequently and haven't run into trouble with them as far as loading, modifying, saving and running in Sims2. I don't think the age of your file has anything to do with the problem.
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#21 Old 25th May 2020 at 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colors100
Thank you so much for posting this! Would anyone in this thread be willing to learn this to help fix my problem?



I have tried, but for some reason it is not available to choose in game.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th May 2020 at 5:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
I have tried, but for some reason it is not available to choose in game.


I just installed Sim City 4 and have the exact same problem. Additionally, any downloaded terrain I load into Simcity loses its roads. I'm on a Mac, using Sims 2 Super Collection rand SimCity via Steam. I uploaded a terrain, if anybody is willing to take a look.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip City - New City.sc4.zip (170.4 KB, 5 downloads)

Don't believe in the 60's, the golden age of pop
You glorify the past when the future dries up
Heard a singer on the radio late last night, He says he's gonna kick the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight
I...I believe in love
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th May 2020 at 6:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady M.
I just installed Sim City 4 and have the exact same problem. Additionally, any downloaded terrain I load into Simcity loses its roads. I'm on a Mac, using Sims 2 Super Collection rand SimCity via Steam. I uploaded a terrain, if anybody is willing to take a look.


Oh! This changes everything! I thought my problem could be linked to Sim City via the apple store, but if your experiencing the same problem on steam then the link to the problem might be the apple system itself. I know apple computers are not the best for pc games. I do have a windows computer but I am still waiting for my sims 2 games to arrive so I am thinking I might just have to get Sim City 4 on my windows to solve my problem.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th May 2020 at 7:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colors100
Oh! This changes everything! I thought my problem could be linked to Sim City via the apple store, but if your experiencing the same problem on steam then the link to the problem might be the apple system itself. I know apple computers are not the best for pc games. I do have a windows computer but I am still waiting for my sims 2 games to arrive so I am thinking I might just have to get Sim City 4 on my windows to solve my problem.


Would you mind checking out my terrain file in your SimCity? I'd be interested to hear if the roads can be imported from one buggy system to the other. I wish there was any way to poke around in sc4 files with a mac...

Don't believe in the 60's, the golden age of pop
You glorify the past when the future dries up
Heard a singer on the radio late last night, He says he's gonna kick the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight
I...I believe in love
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#25 Old 26th May 2020 at 7:19 PM
Page 1 of 2
Back to top