Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 5:55 AM
Default Sims 4 new update June 3
Are you looking forward to firefighters and laters in this new update because here it goes. The patch is getting you ready for the ecoliving that is coming out this month.
The much-anticipated Sims 4 June patch has been delayed to 3 June. Michael Duke, one of the Sim Gurus, made the announcement on Twitter. The patch was due to be released on Tuesday but has been delayed.

Michael Duke
@SimGuruDuke
Simmers, our free game update will be delayed to June 3rd. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

10:57 AM - Jun 2, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
1,074 people are talking about this
The patch will be one of the biggest the Sims 4 base game has ever had and is likely to impact all custom content and mods. Amongst other things, the patch will include ladders and free placing of windows and doors in build-buy mode.

At the time of writing, there was no reason given for the delay. Game patches usually go live at 10:00 PT or 17:00 GMT.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 8:23 AM
I would presume they noticed a serious bug and had to delay it a day. I'll rather it be delayed a day than having too discover it ourselves then have to wait 2 weeks for a fix.
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I would presume they noticed a serious bug and had to delay it a day. I'll rather it be delayed a day than having to discover it ourselves then have to wait 2 weeks for a fix.

Do you really have this much faith in those guys?
how would they notice any bugs if they rarely ever play-test their game?
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 12:36 PM Last edited by Keren : 3rd Jun 2020 at 2:20 PM.
Already seeing a bug that was fixed ages ago, yet here it is again, in case anyone missed it..
https://youtu.be/klIooGC-JmI?t=1610 (27:00)
(James aged his sims to elders and as soon as he closed CAS they died)

bug report thread from November 2018 :https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...AS/td-p/7167873
patch notes where it was fixes (second paragraph) : https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_4/Patch_74

see if it will come with the patch or not..
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Already seeing a bug that was fixed ages ago, yet here it is again, in case anyone missed it..
https://youtu.be/klIooGC-JmI?t=1610 (26:50)

bug report thread from November 2018 :https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...AS/td-p/7167873
patch notes where it was fixes (second paragraph) : https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_4/Patch_74

see if it will come with the patch or not..

Didn't even know this bug even existed in the first place. I have never used CAS to change age groups, either used mccc, or debug Shift-Click sim or just waited till their birthday, but if a workaround exists, there would of been no reason to have released the patch on time.
Scholar
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Didn't even know this bug even existed in the first place. I have never used CAS to change age groups, either used mccc, or debug Shift-Click sim or just waited till their birthday, but if a workaround exists, there would of been no reason to have released the patch on time.

The bug is that as soon as you leave CAS the entire household age up, unrelated to what you've done while in CAS
imagine going to CAS to change your toddler sims look, and as soon as you exit they age up into children
you can read more about it in the bug report link I've posted above if my explanation isn't good enough, but that's about it.

I don't know how they have managed to resurrect this bug, but they did
now the question is if they've found it and bothered to fix it before dropping the patch
or, what's more likely, not.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 2:26 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Jun 2020 at 3:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Keren

I saw that video yesterday...
I was going to (jokingly) wonder what they were going to mess up this time, seeing as the last time I patched up my game I gained several bugs I'd never seen before, but I guess I can always trust EA to screw up more than they fix

And it does look like the bug has been there earlier as well - which seems to me like CAS is a bit bugged if time can pass while you're using it. In both TS2 and TS3 time would stop while you were planning clothes, as it should - but in TS4 I've often found my sims elsewhere in the house after going out of CAS, which suggest they're moving about. I haven't taken much notice of post-CAS time before (doesn't seem like the clock or weekdays is passing, but not sure about days left in aging panel because I never thought to check), and thankfully I've never seen the aging bug, but I don't want to see it, either.

I guess I'm going to play my game offline and unpatched for a while yet (no plans to add Eco Lifestyle, so it can wait for mod fixes and whatnots, not that I have a lot of mods, but eh...), until the patch itself has been sufficiently playtested, patched and bugfixed... My game is stable at the moment, except for the annoying bugs from the last patch, and I don't want to risk anything...
Instructor
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I guess I'm going to play my game offline and unpatched for a while yet (no plans to add Eco Lifestyle, so it can wait for mod fixes and whatnots, not that I have a lot of mods, but eh...), until the patch itself has been sufficiently playtested, patched and bugfixed... My game is stable at the moment, except for the annoying bugs from the last patch, and I don't want to risk anything...

And here I haven't updated my game since the early summer of 2018 and was just starting to think that maybe, just maybe it now might be a good time to risk patching.

Perhaps I'll hold back for another two years. We might have burglars and a proper thief career by then.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 4:33 PM
WE can sort and filter our inventories now!!
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 5:44 PM
Just read the patch notes - this is a huge, huge patch. I am expecting a lot of mods, and possibly also CC, to be broken.
Scholar
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Just read the patch notes - this is a huge, huge patch. I am expecting a lot of mods, and possibly also CC, to be broken.

And saves. even without mods..
https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/sta...204920479473664
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 6:42 PM
So I tossed all caution to the winds and started a new game. I did turn off some mods that I knew would be broken based on what I've read so far, such as one that stops house fires (something about flammable building materials?). I quickly found in CAS that the More CAS Columns mod is broken, which I should have anticipated. We also got some new makeup for women, which I don't remember asking for.

It appears that the new shorter teens mod still works as before. I'll be looking for other strange behavior once I start actually playing my household. I'm even using the pre-patch MCCC, for instance. Here goes nothing! (Send a fire truck, Sim or otherwise, if you notice a BFBVFS.)
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 6:52 PM
I can now look at bills, but it looks like you have to have the eco pack to actually pay them with energy and water credits. I see no way to pay the bills.
The aspirations no longer show how many points you get for completion.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 6:58 PM
However much I want that inventory panel, I want functional saves more. My game was actually going places!
EA, you managed to pretty much break everything. That's even worse than I thought

Now I'm definitely going to wait for the bugfixes!

(Emmet, I think maybe it's a setting, could be it's turned off?)
Scholar
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I can now look at bills, but it looks like you have to have the eco pack to actually pay them with energy and water credits. I see no way to pay the bills.
The aspirations no longer show how many points you get for completion.

About the bills, I think you pay them when you get them via mail, like you normally would?
(not patching anytime soon, so I can't see it myself just yet)
Instructor
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 8:33 PM
I've had no trouble with my Saves, (so far) but am playing with no mods, moo, cc or Gallery builds, only my own and updated NVidia drivers for my GTX 1060 which is a bit long in the tooth now. I always quit Origin after playing and start anew with any Origin updates as well. There was one just before the patch downloaded. Are the problems on Macs or Windows?

The game is running much smoother for me and I love the action on the new ladder. It makes building a loft in the roof much easier. I just wish it could be provided with a let up and down action for it.
Scholar
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 8:36 PM
I patched. I have my households saved to the bin I should've saved my houses too. I was really proud of those builds. Thus far Basemental seems to be working fine, but MCCC informs me that WW peeping feature is broken by the build mode update. The new makeup is really pretty, I like the lipsticks especially. I'm interested to see how the game handles electricity use on cc items with no utility drag listing. TBH, that would make choosing new electronics and appliances so much easier IRL too.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 9:50 PM
In my new game that I started today, L Faba and the other two realm of magic peeps have been replaced by other sims. I want them back!
Instructor
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by divia
In my new game that I started today, L Faba and the other two realm of magic peeps have been replaced by other sims. I want them back!

That happened to me some packs ago when one of my very feminine Sims called Marion was turned into a butch bearded male but retained the name Marion. I know it is a popular male name in the USA and John Wayne was given the name but I deeply resented it, being British where we use it for females only.
Scholar
#20 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 2:14 AM
Ok so I've loaded a different save where I can look at the makeup on sims with different skin tones, as the sim I was playing during the test was very dark skinned.On medium to dark skin tones from Bella Goth and darker the makeup looks really good, imo. The all over blush can add some needed warmth to the darkest Maxis skin tones. If you think of it as highlighter, instead of blush, everything looks much better. On lighter skin tones like Eliza Pancakes and Summer Holiday the makeup looks very heavy, the blushes especially. For people that eschew CC, the glossy ombre lipstick is a much needed addition as well as the matte lipstick. The two-tone satin lipstick would be best for avant garde types, future sims, and aliens. This brings me to my next point, for such a small collection of makeup I would've appreciated more basics and less novelty. I enjoy shopping for CC as much as the next simmer, but I shouldn't have to for things like nude colored eyeshadows and a thin eyeliner. I guess by this point, the makeup sucking is tradition, but some of these could've been much more useful if they'd bring back the fade tool from TS3. Having the ability to decide how strong this sim wears their makeup was great! BTW, holla at me with your favorite cc makeup! I'm a sucker for makeup in this game since I can't customize so much.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
#21 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 3:14 AM
I did the update but will either not touch the game for a while or just start a new save to play a bit and hope others are OK if left alone?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MoozyFoozy
Me!!! I asked for more makeup!!! The makeup we had so far suuuuucked, especially on dark skin characters. Now my Sims can finally climb ladders fabulously.

Well, I can't disagree with that. Mostly I'm just relieved, because I thought at first that it was some weird CC that had snuck into my Mods folder somehow.

In other news, MCCC 7.2.1 is already out. That sure was fast! I'm about to try it out.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 4:58 AM
Saving games works for me. And the pay bills thing... I'm not sure if that was a glitch from an old game or maybe it was my last sim's monday bill breakdown.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#24 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 7:08 AM
Anyone know the point in tagging a object in your inventory as favourite? Other than a heart decoration on the corner of the thumbnail. I can't find any filter to browse my inventory by favourites.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MoozyFoozy
Me!!! I asked for more makeup!!! The makeup we had so far suuuuucked, especially on dark skin characters. Now my Sims can finally climb ladders fabulously.

Well, you still can't, because most of that make up sucks for darker sin colors. The eyeliners are a joke and look stupid on sims with brighter complexion, but downright awful on darker skintones. The blushes are barely visible on darker skintones.
Great work, MAC.
And as lilsimsie pointed out, not a cruelty-free company.
They should have done a Rihanna Fenty collaboration.

At least we get tadpole/sperm eyeliner jokes out of it.
Page 1 of 2