Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 297 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 12:18 PM
Default MoreBits Testing Thread
After many people reported issues with my two music mods, I've decided to come here and attempt to troubleshoot things. I'm not anticipating much interest or even the slight possibility of a 100% fix, but why not try?

I've started MoreBits from scratch and prepared a fresh set of encodes as to hopefully eliminate any human error on my part - This time, all of the music is 320kbps CBR (like the original release before any updates) and I used EALayer3 0.6.3 to pack the SNRs (originally I used 0.6.2, but after working with 0.6.3 for a while I realised it's a little more stable with low bitrate CBR files and tends to produce less popping/artifacts). I've chosen to leave stereo music out of this download for now to keep things easy.

After testing the mod for a while, please let me know whether it crashes or not. If it does, please tell me whether your Sims 3 documents folder is on an SSD, or a HDD. The majority of the crashing seems to occur between song transitions, so it might take a long time for the game to keel over. If we somehow find a fix and more people are able to run music mods, I've got quite a few unreleased packs that I'd love to share here.

You can download the mod here. Inside the archive you'll find a package for each expansion pack.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 9:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypantsfelldown
After many people reported issues with my two music mods, I've decided to come here and attempt to troubleshoot things. I'm not anticipating much interest or even the slight possibility of a 100% fix, but why not try?

I've started MoreBits from scratch and prepared a fresh set of encodes as to hopefully eliminate any human error on my part - This time, all of the music is 320kbps CBR (like the original release before any updates) and I used EALayer3 0.6.3 to pack the SNRs (originally I used 0.6.2, but after working with 0.6.3 for a while I realised it's a little more stable with low bitrate CBR files and tends to produce less popping/artifacts). I've chosen to leave stereo music out of this download for now to keep things easy.

After testing the mod for a while, please let me know whether it crashes or not. If it does, please tell me whether your Sims 3 documents folder is on an SSD, or a HDD. The majority of the crashing seems to occur between song transitions, so it might take a long time for the game to keel over. If we somehow find a fix and more people are able to run music mods, I've got quite a few unreleased packs that I'd love to share here.

You can download the mod here. Inside the archive you'll find a package for each expansion pack.

I think you missed the one for Island Paradise. Just letting you know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 2:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epierc32
I think you missed the one for Island Paradise. Just letting you know.

The Island Paradise music was not released properly like most of the other game music was, so the music within the game files is currently the highest quality available.