Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Better Ladders - Carry items & Climb faster

by Arckange Posted 16th Jul 2020 at 12:54 PM - Updated 26th Feb 2024 at 8:27 AM by Arckange : patch 1.104.58

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 3:37 PM
This is cool! Thank you so much.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 4:31 PM
This is really nice! I like ladders but I also like playing with laundry and trash on and that's hard to do in a house with ladders before this mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 5:43 PM
This is cool. Is it possible to just make them always slide down ladders?
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 6:07 PM
Thanks for this!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 7:53 PM Last edited by Arckange : 17th Jul 2020 at 3:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SailorEffinMoon
This is cool. Is it possible to just make them always slide down ladders?

That's a really cool idea, thank you for the suggestion. I'll try to add that (possibly as an optional flavour) next time I update this mod.

EDIT: Done! I actually added it to the main mod since I think everyone can benefit from it, and I don't want to maintain 2 versions. Enjoy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 10:01 PM
Thank you SO much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 1:04 AM
So great. Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 2:45 PM
Thank you! Finally I can stop manually dragging all my sims clothing piles downstairs to the laundry
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arckange
That's a really cool idea, thank you for the suggestion. I'll try to add that (possibly as an optional flavour) next time I update this mod.

EDIT: Done! I actually added it to the main mod since I think everyone can benefit from it, and I don't want to maintain 2 versions. Enjoy!

WOOHOO, that's fantastic! Thank-you, thank-you <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 10:37 PM
nice i was hoping for something like this.
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 12:07 PM
Very good, thank you so much. Now you see how much we need the modders for the Sims 4...they do very very good work.
Thanks....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 12:46 PM
Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 1:18 PM
Hi, this is a great idea, but I am not noticing any difference in game. No sliding down animation either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Compuzak
Hi, this is a great idea, but I am not noticing any difference in game. No sliding down animation either.

Hi Compuzak, I'm sorry you're having issues with my mod. The only thing I can think of would be a conflict with another mod. To find if that's the case you can try to put all your mods aside, leaving only this one, then delete localthumbcache.package, launch the game and try to "Climb down" a ladder to see if the Sim slides it down instead as expected.
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 1:49 PM
I've installed this and put in the mod file it didn't show. I figured it might be one deep in folders so put it in the main mod folder. Still it is a no show in game. I do have other mods in game. Unsure why I can't find this. Thank you so very much for this mod if you have any insight it would be appreciated!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
I've installed this and put in the mod file it didn't show. I figured it might be one deep in folders so put it in the main mod folder. Still it is a no show in game. I do have other mods in game. Unsure why I can't find this. Thank you so very much for this mod if you have any insight it would be appreciated!

That's indeed very weird. It's not even a script mod so you should be able to put it like ~5 folders deep and it would still work. I tested it with the latest patch and Base Game only and it shows up in the list of installed mods just fine when I go to Settings > Others > View Custom Content, as "Arckange_BetterLadders".

Can you check if it shows up in this list for you? My best guess is that it's installed properly (= you should see it in the list), but you don't actually notice any difference in your game, probably because of a conflict with another mod.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 2:43 AM
That's indeed very weird. It's not even a script mod so you should be able to put it like ~5 folders deep and it would still work. I tested it with the latest patch and Base Game only and it shows up in the list of installed mods just fine when I go to Settings > Others > View Custom Content, as "Arckange_BetterLadders".

Can you check if it shows up in this list for you? My best guess is that it's installed properly (= you should see it in the list), but you don't actually notice any difference in your game, probably because of a conflict with another mod.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I checked in settings and sure enough the file is there. I used the options on this tiny house build with the ladder from Island Living. I haven't ever used the ladders in Island Living pack. In which when I did use the ladder they did slide down. I'm unsure if this is indeed the mod, or island living ladder. When I was building I looked up ladder, Arckange, BetterLadders, but it was a no go. Just wanted to make sure wanted to give these a go they look amazing! Thank you again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 9:14 AM
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I checked in settings and sure enough the file is there. I used the options on this tiny house build with the ladder from Island Living. I haven't ever used the ladders in Island Living pack. In which when I did use the ladder they did slide down. I'm unsure if this is indeed the mod, or island living ladder. When I was building I looked up ladder, Arckange, BetterLadders, but it was a no go. Just wanted to make sure wanted to give these a go they look amazing! Thank you again.

There may be a confusion with the type of ladder. This mod only changes the ladders than can be placed on the ground, from one floor to another. It's the ones that were added with the free game patch that came just before Eco-Lifestyle was released. They can be found in the same Build Mode section than Stairs. And just to clarify, this mod doesn't add a new ladder or any other item in Build mode. It only improves the way Sims use this type of ladders.

Pool ladders and ocean ladders that came with Island Living (which can be found in the Pool section of Build Mode) aren't affected by this mod at all.

However, if you say they slide down the ladder you used, then it was probably actually the right type of ladder (Sims can't slide down Ocean ladders from Island Living). So maybe everything is working fine after all..!

The changes this mod makes are actually subtle. If you're not used to using ladders, you may not really notice the +50% movement speed when climbing. But you should notice than whenever a Sim goes down a ladder, they will actually always slide down, even when you tell them to "Climb Down". That's a good way to know the mod is working properly. Concerning the "carry items" parts, it's something they tend to do on their own whenever they go from one floor to another while carrying an item. You can try to see if this works by making them go upstairs/downstairs while they are carrying food for instance.
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 7:20 PM
There may be a confusion with the type of ladder. This mod only changes the ladders than can be placed on the ground, from one floor to another. It's the ones that were added with the free game patch that came just before Eco-Lifestyle was released. They can be found in the same Build Mode section than Stairs. And just to clarify, this mod doesn't add a new ladder or any other item in Build mode. It only improves the way Sims use this type of ladders.

Pool ladders and ocean ladders that came with Island Living (which can be found in the Pool section of Build Mode) aren't affected by this mod at all.

However, if you say they slide down the ladder you used, then it was probably actually the right type of ladder (Sims can't slide down Ocean ladders from Island Living). So maybe everything is working fine after all..!

The changes this mod makes are actually subtle. If you're not used to using ladders, you may not really notice the +50% movement speed when climbing. But you should notice than whenever a Sim goes down a ladder, they will actually always slide down, even when you tell them to "Climb Down". That's a good way to know the mod is working properly. Concerning the "carry items" parts, it's something they tend to do on their own whenever they go from one floor to another while carrying an item. You can try to see if this works by making them go upstairs/downstairs while they are carrying food for instance.

Well thank you for the clarity!!! Then it is in game. I was looking for the individual ladder and was not finding it. So to know that it modified the original and working the mystery is solved! I was wracking my brain...took out all the mods still looking in decor, build, etc with no luck. Thank you soooo much this is working and wonderful LOL. Truly appreciated !!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 9:54 PM
Well thank you for the clarity!!! Then it is in game. I was looking for the individual ladder and was not finding it. So to know that it modified the original and working the mystery is solved! I was wracking my brain...took out all the mods still looking in decor, build, etc with no luck. Thank you soooo much this is working and wonderful LOL. Truly appreciated !!!

I'm glad it cleared things up. Enjoy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 2:29 AM
Arckange Mods: Constantly rescuing simmers while the devs be like "common sense? I don't know her"
Thank you for another great mod!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 3:58 PM
I like the increased speed, but I'd prefer if Sims go down the normal way instead of sliding down every time, looks odd, especially when they're carrying something. I understand you don't want to maintain 2 versions, but just thought I'd share my view on it. I'm still using this mod ofc :p
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mariajoaobarata
I like the increased speed, but I'd prefer if Sims go down the normal way instead of sliding down every time, looks odd, especially when they're carrying something. I understand you don't want to maintain 2 versions, but just thought I'd share my view on it. I'm still using this mod ofc :p

Hi maria

Fair enough! As I've mentioned, I hesitated to do separate versions first but eventually decided that one version was just simpler, both for me and for people downloading this mod. After reading your message I changed my mind though. Even though you're the only one to have mentioned that you'd have preferred the normal version so far, I think it's safe to assume that you're probably not the only one.

So here you go: I've re-uploaded the original version. Now you're free to choose whether you want Sims to always slide down or not.

Thanks for your feedback!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 3:06 AM
thanks for the update!
Page 1 of 2