Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 4370 times.
#1 2nd Sep 2020 at 6:04 PM Last edited by charitycodes : 28th Nov 2021 at 6:33 PM. Reason: Rules updated for new feature - typos
Ghost Town Challenge - Updated 11/28/2021Rules updated on 11/28/2021
Any video below posted before this date was using the old rules which didn't include likes/dislikes, lifestyles, lot challenges or the moods sections. It also didn't have rules for visiting other people's houses and children could earn money to take with them.
I'm playing through this challenge as I can. Find the playlist at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...tQJCnmzDvhnjooG
I love branching out and playing with traits, skills or aspirations that I wouldn't normally choose, however, I didn't really like random because of the difficulty in creating a cohesive personality with a story. It also seemed like I would get the same random traits that I hated. This challenge involves strategy in picking traits, aspirations and money making methods, but still forces you to use all of them equally. They cannot be reused until you have cycled through all of the possibilities. Traits also matter again! You must play according to trait specific rules or money making is disabled. Another thing that makes this challenge interesting to me is that each new generation must start over. In other legacy challenges I've tried, after about 3 generations, money isn't an issue.
An orphan is raised by a different family. The parent's spirit was released after death and the orphan will never know the parent or even the parent's ghost. All knowledge of ancestry is lost. Determined to start a new legacy, the orphan sets out to repay the family that provided a home. The orphan plans to inspire offspring to collect their family's tombstones and anchor the spirits in New Crest to never forget the achievements of their ancestors. All offspring will also need to make their own way in life just like the founder and not benefit from the parents' wealth. Each new heir will attempt to do unique things never before achieved by other members of the family and establish a legacy that will never be forgotten while discovering and honoring their true selves. This legacy is going to rebuild the world!
Create a household with at least 2 adults and any amount of children and toddlers. No teenagers. You may use mods to adjust household size, but leave room for 1 sim. At least one of the adult sims must be able to get pregnant. Move the household into a lot with a house or build a house. Using money cheats is allowed, but keep track of how much is spent acquiring the lot and house. Make sure the family has enough money to pay bills, buy food and furniture upgrades for the time it takes for a sim baby to grow up.
Get one of the adults pregnant by any means. Cheating is allowed. Have the baby. At this point, the parent or parents need to move out or be killed. If the parents move out, delete that family. If killed, release the ghost and delete the tombstone or urn. The parent sims cannot help care for the baby. The baby is the founder of the legacy, but will be taken care of by the remaining household adults. If you increase your household size via mods, make sure your game can handle autonomous baby and toddler care with the amount of sims in the household or this will be a short challenge.
Rules for all stages
- No cheats other than bb.moveobjects unless otherwise specified.
- Mods and cc are allowed, but if they add traits, aspirations or careers, you will have to add them to the rules for completion and think of restrictions to impose. Mods shouldn’t make things too easy.
- Play with the packs you have. If you're missing functionality mentioned in the rules, skip that part.
- You may not control any sim other than the founder and offspring. Exceptions are listed below.
- Hiring nannies, butlers, repairmen, pizza delivery or any other services.
- Stocking a buffet table is allowed.
- Ordering anything from a computer (such as earbuds) and inventory actions (turning on earbuds, etc).
- Instructing any sim to adopt the founder or other children as dependents.
- Locking and unlocking doors and computers.
- Paying bills by any means available.
- Voting on neighborhood action plans (eco lifestyle).
- Reset sims who are bugged.
- Queueing up one action if autonomy hasn’t assigned anything even after resetting.
- Instructing sims to “go home” if they are off the lot.
- Bake a cake in order to age up and add birthday candles.
- Age up a baby and help blow out candles if a toddler.
- Schedule a birthday party event if it's someone's birthday.
- Waking up a sleeping sim when their energy bar is full.
- Take a photo or paint a picture of the legacy sims. Cheating painting skill is allowed for non-legacy sims. You may also create a temporary sim to be part of the household to capture special events such as weddings with painting or photography.
- Any lifespan setting may be used, but normal is recommended. Once chosen, it cannot be changed. Aging must be on for all sims. Sims can be aged up after completing their life-stage goals if you're impatient or on their birthday unless otherwise specified. Keep in mind that reaching teenage too early may force you to move out potential heirs if the current legacy sim hasn't completed their goals.
- Babies must always age up on their birthday.
- Toddlers must reach 5 (3 for potty) in all skills to age up.
- Children must have an A in school and their child aspiration completed.
- Teens must have an A in school and at least 1 positive and 1 negative character value in range to receive a trait.
- If you're passing on the legacy to the next generation, you may age up a young adult or adult to elder in order to expedite death by old age.
- No reward store purchases for extending life.
- You may extend life through skills or occult means if the sim has an aspiration for that occult or skill. For example, a mage with a mage related aspiration can attempt to extend the mage's life only, not others. A mage from birth due to genetics without a mage related aspiration may not use any potion life extension methods.
- Vampires can spend twice the time (48 days each on normal life span) in the young adult and adult stage, but should be aged up manually or just keep track of the days.
- If playing on normal lifespan, a maximum of 48 days is allowed as an elder that cannot die due to old age such as vampires or mages who have consumed the potion of immortality. Adjust for longer/shorter lifespan settings by using twice the number of days spent as an adult.
- Once a method has been used for extending life, it may not be used again on that sim. A failed attempt still counts. For example, if the potion fails, you can't try again with that potion.
- Pregnancy may not be used to extend life. Either get a mod that allows aging during pregnancy, or keep track of the days. You get 24 days as a young adult and 24 days as an adult for normal lifespan. After that time, you must age up the sim. If currently pregnant, age up the sim as soon as the baby is born.
- After a legacy sim has passed on the legacy to the next heir, you may kill the old legacy sim by any means or wait for old age. Cheats and mods are allowed to collect tombstones and make ghost households.
- The wishing well can be used to extend life and for all other requests, but there are restrictions. The current legacy sim must purchase a well. No using wells on other lots. You may only use the well when it has a neutral, mischievous or deadly face. You may only give $100 or $1,000 as offerings. You may only ask for one of each wish type once per life-stage regardless of the result. No ghost can wish for life.
- Once a sim is a ghost, there is no coming back. You may plead with the reaper (no death flowers), but only for causes other than old age. Do not use any other methods of resurrection. You may have a Sulani ghost join your household and become alive again, but only if the current legacy sim has the child of the islands trait.
- Reward store traits are determined by toddler traits with a couple of exceptions. You may not cheat reward points and you may only purchase rewards that are listed here. All other rewards are prohibited.
- Angelic: Always Welcome, Antiseptic, Cold Acclimation, Connections, Incredibly Friendly
- Charmer: Antiseptic, Beguiling, Connections, Great Kisser, Great Storyteller
- Clingy: Always Welcome, Fertile, Observant, Shameless, Steel Bladder
- Fussy: Entrepreneurial, Hardly Hungry, Marketable, Speed Cleaner, Storm Chaser
- Independent: Entrepreneurial, Independent, Night Owl, Savant, Speed Reader
- Inquisitive: Entrepreneurial, Independent, Morning Sim, Savant, Speed Reader
- Silly: Carefree, Creative Visionary, Shameless, Steel Bladder, Waterproof
- Wild: Gym Rat, Heat Acclimation,, Professional Slacker, Seldom Sleepy, Storm Chaser
- Any cooking or herbalism aspiration as an adult: Stoves and Grills Master
- Any nature aspiration: Super Green Thumb
- Paranormal Investigator: Brave (must have performance bar in excellent and completed at least 3 hard gigs successfully)
- All adult aspirations and traits cannot be changed once selected unless otherwise specified. Do not repeat traits or aspirations in the legacy until all have been used. Only legacy sims count for repeats.
- The exception to the repeat rule is non-completion. If the aspiration or trait isn't completed by the current legacy sim, then it may be repeated until it is completed. This means hard aspirations and traits cannot be ignored.
- For children, do not choose an aspiration that doesn't have an available money making option as an adult that has not been completed. If all money making options for a child aspiration are completed, you may skip that aspiration for the rest of the challenge.
- For teens, do not choose an aspiration that requires a specific career unless your sim is eligible for that career. Career options are determined by childhood aspirations.
- For toddler traits, pick a unique one until all have been used. Cycle through them so all are used equally.
General mood rules
- Toddlers cannot have any negative emotions or yellow needs to work on other skills. Autonomous is fine.
- Children cannot have any negative emotions or any red needs. They need to do whatever action to resolve the emotion or need as their first priority or just leave them as autonomous. You may use vacation days or call in sick to school.
- Teens cannot have any strong (very uncomfortable, very angry, very sad, etc) negative emotions or any red needs. They live alone, but must try to solve the most pressing need first. You may use vacation days or call in sick to school or work.
- Young adults and older can push through negative emotions and needs as long as the game allows the action. You must resolve moodlets that relate to traits, lifestyles and fame quirks.
Choose 3 lifestyles and give them to your sim via cheats or earn them normally. Some are hard to achieve, so cheats to obtain are allowed. Rotate the choices just like other traits and aspirations. Lifestyle violations disable money making when they are causing a moodlet due to not following the rules. Some traits require certain lifestyles. Do not choose traits with conflicting lifestyle requirements.
Special trait rules.
Following all current trait rules allow the legacy sim to be happy and focus on earning money. If any money like royalties or vacation pay comes in while a trait rule is in violation, you must subtract that amount from your household funds. If you are currently at work, you must leave early and cannot go to work. You may not collect or make anything that could be sold. You may not sell anything and businesses need to be closed. Trait rules only apply once the trait is selected. A child will follow only 1 rule, a teen only 2 and adults will have to follow 3. Watch your needs while at work. Any sim in danger of passing out (within 1 hour) must leave work, school or class because the game will still allow you to progress when you really should have passed out.
- Active sims need to exercise at least once a day in order to not get the “not enough exercise” moodlet. Achieve and maintain an energetic lifestyle. Must have been a motor child.
- Adventurous sims cannot have any bored moodlet. They must go on an adventure at least once every sim week. Adventures are camping in a tent, rock climbing (including the rock climbing wall), skiing, snowboarding, journeys to Batuu, stealing an item, having a magic duel, or any other action that causes an adrenaline rush moodlet. Achieve and maintain the adrenaline seeker lifestyle.
- Ambitious sims need to avoid the “promotion anxiety” and Unemployed! moodlets. You cannot go to work with this moodlet in order to get promoted, so either get regular promotions or resolve it some other way. You should pick a career money making method with this sim or things might go badly. You can get a job with the moodlets (if you haven't picked a money making method yet or need a new one due to the noncommittal trait), but you cannot go to work or earn money until solving the moodlet. Achieve and maintain the workaholic lifestyle.
- Animal Enthusiasts need to make friends with at least one type of farm animal or wild animal (not cats, dogs or hamsters) to make money. Socialize with your animal friend at least every 24 hours and keep them happy and avoid any negative moodlets related to animals.
- Art lover sims must either discuss art or admire art once every 24 sim hours. Doing art interactions resets the timer, but it's not cumulative. Doing 2 interactions in a row only gains you 24 sim hours, not 48. Achieve and maintain the frequent traveller lifestyle.
- Bookworm sims must either discuss books or analyze books once every 24 sim hours. Achieve and maintain the coffee fanatic lifestyle.
- Bro sims need to bro hug or bro-bump other bros or watch sports until they get the related confident buff at least once every 24 sim hours. Their social need cannot be red or it disables money making. Achieve and maintain the people-person lifestyle. They should have a club of a group of bros and be good friends with at least 2 other bros.
- Cat lover sims need to have at least one living cat at all times as a companion in order to make money. Ghost cats are optional, but do not satisfy the requirement. If any cat gets sick, you have to take the cat to the vet or cure the sickness yourself as your first priority. If your only cat runs away, you cannot earn money until you find your cat or get a new cat. If your only cat dies, you have to get a new cat. Whenever any cat asks you for something, you have to drop what you're doing and satisfy the request. This doesn't apply if you are currently at work. If a cat asks another family member for something, you can ignore the request if that family member isn't also a cat lover. Multiple cats will mean more maintenance, but less chance for a gap in money making if one runs away or dies.
- Cheerful sims cannot have a sad moodlet for any reason even if it's not the main mood. The sad moodlet needs to be removed before any money can be made.
- Child of the Islands sims need to win the favor of the island spirits at least once and participate in successfully cleaning up the islands to complete the trait. They may also turn into a mermaid via a rewards store purchase, but it's not required. They may also marry a mermaid if desired. If the current legacy sim, they must live in Sulani.
- Child of the ocean sims must turn into a mermaid and may marry mermaids. They cannot choose the fishing skill or job for money making purposes. Getting any of the harming or eating fish moodlets disables all money making. If the current legacy sim, they must live in Sulani.
- Childish sims need to play with toys every 24 sim hours. Playing with a toy for at least 30 sim minutes or the action completes resets this timer.
- Clumsy sims cannot choose a money making method that involves being artistic with fine details or working with their hands such as cooking, mixology, painting, wood working, handiness, musical instruments, etc. They can do social creative skills like comedy and mischief. They can do mental skills like logic and being a lawyer or judge. They cannot be professional athletes, but bodybuilders are OK. Creative, clumsy sims can be writers. There are no conditions that disable money making with any of the allowed methods. You may not repair any object yourself. Hire a professional, have family members (not clumsy) do it or pay to replace it. Avoid gaining any skill that would require fine motor skills.
- Creative sims need to be creative and avoid the “feeling uncreative” moodlet. Must have been a creative sim as a child.
- Dance machine sims need to dance and avoid the “needs to dance” moodlet. Achieve and maintain an energetic lifestyle.
- Dog lover sims need to have at least one living dog at all times as a companion in order to make money. Ghost dogs are optional, but do not satisfy the requirement. If any dog gets sick, you have to take the dog to the vet or cure the sickness yourself as your first priority. If your only dog runs away, you cannot earn money until you find your dog or get a new dog. If your only dog dies, you have to get a new dog. Whenever any dog asks you for something, you have to drop what you're doing and satisfy the request. This doesn't apply if you are currently at work. If a dog asks another family member for something, you can ignore the request if that family member isn't also a dog lover. Multiple dogs will mean more maintenance, but less chance for a gap in money making if one runs away or dies.
- Erratic sims need to use one of the talk to themselves interactions at least once every 24 sim hours in order to make money. They also need to use a minimum of 5 social interactions following their trend for the day. When socializing for the day, pick a random number 1-12 and use the following socials for that day. This resets at midnight each sim day and a new random number needs to be chosen. Autonomous interactions are exempt from this rule and you don't have to prevent them. If you get one of the erratic trait buffs, you can add that category of interaction back into your available options only for while the buff lasts. Happy – friendly. Angry – mean. Flirty – romantic. Sad – pick mischievous or funny to try to cheer yourself up.
- 1: No friendly interactions. Any other category is allowed.
- 2: No funny interactions. Any other category is allowed.
- 3: No mischievous interactions. Any other category is allowed.
- 4: No romance interactions. Any other category is allowed.
- 5: No mean interactions. Any other category is allowed.
- 6: Only friendly interactions.
- 7: Only funny interactions.
- 8: Only mischievous interactions.
- 9: Only romance interactions.
- 10: Only mean interactions.
- 11: Any social interaction.
- 12: No social interactions with other sims. Talking to yourself only.
- Evil sims need to attain an atrocious reputation and achieve gold status on a Lampoon party or the trait cannot be completed. Your relationship list must contain more negative relationships than positive relationships or it disables money making. Any relationship with a red bar counts as negative even if the descriptor hasn't changed. A sim with a green friend bar and red romance bar still counts as negative and the same goes for the reverse. Don't count any family or ancestry relationships as they need to be all positive. You can do this check once a day at midnight and then fix it to earn money. Keeping track of it at all times would be hard if your relationship list is big. This is harder than it sounds because sims tend to be friendly unless forced to be mean. Even mischievous interactions are mostly positive.
- Family oriented sims must have at least 4 children and be good friends with all immediate family members or the trait cannot be completed. Avoid any sad buff from missing family.
- Foodie sims need to avoid any moodlet associated with poor food or drink. You must eat and drink each day. Do not fill the hunger bar by eating raw harvestables or potions. Have a drink with each meal and eat at least 2 times a day or 1 time if you have to work or go to school that day.
- Freegan sims need to avoid spending (800+ simoleons) and earning too many simoleons. Getting a tense moodlet for earning or spending at any time disables money making until the moodlet is resolved. You may sleep on other lots including retail lots as a freegan.
- Geek sims need to play video games and avoid the “need video games” moodlet. They must also complete a collection to be considered complete. Achieve and maintain the techie lifestyle.
- Genius sims need to engage in mental activities and avoid the “unchallenged” moodlet. Must have been a whiz kid as a child.
- Gloomy sims can have any other main emotion other than happiness. They may have happy moodlets, but it needs to boost another mood like inspired, playful, etc. All negative emotions and being fine are also OK. If happiness becomes the main emotion, the ability to earn money is disabled until another main emotion takes over.
- Glutton sims need to eat and avoid letting their hunger get red. Letting their hunger become red at any time disables the ability to earn money until raising hunger above red. Achieve and maintain the junk food fiend lifestyle.
- Good sims need to maintain a pristine reputation to complete the trait. They may not have any negative relationships or it disables making money until the relationship is mended. Earn gold on a charity event at least once.
- Goofball sims need to do something goofy every 24 sim hours before earning money. Playing in the rain, stomping in puddles, starting a mud/snowball/water balloon fight, etc. Get creative, but just telling jokes does not count. Using the goof around interaction counts, but try to switch it up. You can do 2 goofy things a day (spread hours apart) to overlap and avoid any gaps in money making as each goofy thing resets the timer to 24 sim hours. It does not stack. You cannot do 5 goofy things, for example and ignore goofy things for the next 5 days. It's 24 sim hours from the completion of the last goofy thing.
- Green fiend sims need to move into a lot where the neighborhood has a neutral eco footprint and change it to a green eco footprint in order to complete the trait. Their lot cannot be industrial at any time or it disables money making methods. Achieve and maintain the technophobe lifestyle.
- Hates Children sims need to separate themselves from their baby, toddler and child offspring as much as possible. They still need to have an heir. You may change the gender customizations for your sim so that a female with this trait doesn't have to get pregnant. Split the house so the parent sim has private quarters and prevent the children from entering. The spouse needs to do all of the work to care for the children or you can hire nannies and butlers. You cannot care for your own children or interact with them until they are teenagers. Getting an angry moodlet from trying for a baby, being pregnant or being around toddlers or children prevents money making until the moodlet is resolved. Relationship requirements for children are waived.
- High Maintenance sims need to drop what they’re doing when they get spa related moodlets and do the suggested activities. Living next to a spa is a good idea. You don’t have to pay venue fees for spas if you have the related aspirations. You just need to pay for services until you complete the aspiration. You cannot earn money with a negative moodlet that’s related to the high maintenance trait.
- Hot-headed sims need to rile other sims up and become angry at least every 24 sim hours to earn money. Each rile up interaction resets the 24 hour timer. They must have anger as a main emotion at least once during any 24 hour period.
- Insider sims must belong to at least 3 clubs and go to a gathering at least once a sim week for at least 2 sim hours. The bored moodlet “Curious about clubs” means a gathering must be started. Any time a club related request comes up, they have to drop what they're doing and join for at least 2 sim hours. Achieve the people person lifestyle.
- Jealous sims cannot make money while any jealous moodlet is active. Most of them are related to catching your love interest cheating or not being around them, but there's also a moodlet for not being in a relationship and seeing others who are. Achieve and maintain the hungry for love lifestyle.
- Kleptomaniac sims need to swipe things. They can sell swiped items for cash only if using this as a main money making method. Both the trait and the money making method need to be available. The “Needs to Swipe!” moodlet means you drop what you're doing to steal anything from anyone and can't be careful about it. If you get the moodlet for getting caught, you cannot steal again until it's resolved.
- Lactose intolerant sims cannot eat dairy. If they do, their money making is disabled while they’re sick from it.
- Lazy sims cannot earn any money because they have to be unemployed. If a child or teen is lazy, then they cannot do homework or go to school. Because they have no goals and are a drain, they may not age up early. They do not have to complete their aspiration, repay their debt or move out. Moving is hard work. Once the lazy sim is a teen and chosen to carry on the legacy, then the parent must retire or quit their job. The parent can only earn money from retirement pay if they get it. This is the only case where a legacy sim may use the parents' funds. Lazy can only be chosen as a child or a teen. If the lazy sim did not become lazy until a teenager, they can earn money as a child. The house must contain separate bedrooms for the parents, lazy sim and any offspring. There must be a comfortable bed, TV, comfortable couch, computer, kitchen, bathtub (not just a shower) and anything else required for living comfortably. No furniture or household items can be uncomfortable and a minimum comfort rating of 5 is required if that item can be comfortable. You may not do any chores. Hire a maid or let family clean up. You may not exercise. A tense moodlet from autonomously doing chores or an uncomfortable moodlet from exercising means you can only nap or sleep until it's resolved. You may not wake up prematurely regardless of the circumstances. You have to wait for the action to complete. Achieve and maintain the sedentary lifestyle.
- Loner sims cannot go out when invited. They also cannot earn money if they have the “Stranger Danger” or “Socially Awkward” moodlets until they resolve. Achieve and maintain the close knit lifestyle. All relationship requirements for friends are waived, but you must be acquaintances instead with all family members and relevant ancestors.
- Loves outdoors sims cannot get the “Cooped up!” moodlet from staying inside too long. Achieve and maintain the outdoorsy lifestyle.
- Maker sims need to make things on the fabricator, candle maker, juice fizzer or woodworking table and avoid the sad moodlet for not making things.
- Materialistic sims cannot get the “Stale surroundings” moodlet from not buying new things for too long.
- Mean sims need to balance their friendly and mean interactions. In order to be friendly, you have to be mean first, but not necessarily to the same sim. For every mean interaction, you may have 1 friendly or romantic interaction. For every mischievous interaction, you may have 1 funny interaction. Autonomous actions don't count. Keep a running score and if mean interactions or mischievous interactions are lower, then you may not make money until making up the difference.
- Music lover sims need to listen to music and avoid the tense moodlet for not listening.
- Neat sims must get rid of the uncomfortable moodlet from dirty surroundings by cleaning. They cannot resolve it by going to a different room. They cannot go to work if there is a dirty dish or trash in the house. If you have laundry day and bust the dust, you must use them and keep your place clean.
- Noncommittal sims need to achieve and maintain the single-and-loving-it lifestyle. They may not earn any character traits as a child, complete their childhood aspiration, get a toddler trait or purchase any rewards with satisfaction points. The sim has to wait until their birthday to age up. They must either have a job or be actively enrolled in a university degree (with 4 classes in progress), but they may choose any one regardless of child aspiration or previously completed jobs from other legacy sims. They may earn money by any means the game allows including selling items. They must leave items from previous legacy sims unless moving or upgrading those items. They still lose the ability to earn money according to current trait rules. They also have special rules for completion. Any time the sim gets tense due to commitment issues, everything must change. You may not make money again until all of the following are completed. Getting rid of the tense moodlet is optional and doesn't change the fact that all of the following need to be completed before making money again.
- Any romantic interests must be asked to just be friends. Having any further children with those relationships is not allowed.
- Move to another lot owned by a previous legacy sim that the noncommittal sim has not occupied yet. If there are no available lots, then move into a pre-built lot or apartment. You may not build a new house or take anything with you other than items that will be going to the ghost town such as photos and paintings. You may incur additional debt to move.
- Purchase a trait retraining potion from the rewards store and use it. You must keep the noncommittal trait, but pick other traits for the remaining traits. Cycle through traits for this sim without choosing repeats until all have been used. Points used to purchase a retraining potion may be cheated, but the deficit needs to be made up before passing on the legacy. Keep track of satisfaction points owed. You may spend any offspring’s satisfaction points.
- Any job or university degree must be quit and a new one chosen. Do not use one previously used by this sim.
- Aspiration must change. Do not use an aspiration previously used by this sim. Aspirations completed by previous legacy sims may be used only after all other aspirations are exhausted.
- If the sim is an occult class and does not get a new aspiration for that occult, then change to human if possible.
- Stop following the rules for any lifestyles except single and loving it and lifestyles required by other traits. Any lifestyles acquired and not required by any current trait must be cleared. You may purchase lifestyle go poof potions from the rewards store only if you have enough satisfaction points without going negative. Otherwise, clear it by following the lifestyle’s opposite or go to lifestyle coaching.
- This trait may not complete an aspiration, max a skill, graduate from university, acquire a lifestyle accidentally or reach top level in a career or max out a freelancer career. If the sim with this trait does any of those things, it triggers a complete change just like the tense moodlet. That completion also does not count for the challenge requirements. If a skill is maxed, activities that use that skill must be avoided.
- The only thing you can complete with this sim is the noncommittal trait. Maintaining required relationships with past legacy family is still required. The only lifestyle requirement for completion is the single and loving it lifestyle regardless of other current traits. Other traits just temporarily allow those lifestyles to be in effect. A non-committal sim cannot be in the middle of changeover requirements and pass on the legacy.
- Outgoing sims need to socialize and avoid letting their social need get red. Letting their social need become red at any time disables money making. Any time someone calls to ask you to go out, you have to go, even if sleeping or working. Achieve and maintain the people-person lifestyle. You need to complete the social event you’re invited to or leave once you are going to pass out in 2 hours.
- Paranoid sims need to live in a basement and share conspiracy theories at least once every 24 sim hours. You must accuse others of spying and change passwords on computers at least once a sim week. Every member of the household needs their own room (not necessarily in the basement unless also paranoid) and a computer with security settings set appropriately. You cannot share computers. Everyone must fix their own computer if it breaks or replace it. You cannot hire services for anything. That's a security risk! Traits that require hiring services cannot be chosen. The tense moodlet from hearing others whispering requires you to hide out in your basement and not make any money until the moodlet resolves. Achieve and maintain an indoorsy lifestyle.
- Perfectionist sims need to craft items. At least one item must be crafted every 24 sim hours. Getting the “Imperfect Work” moodlet means you cannot sell that item at all even if otherwise permitted. You may not earn any money or continue crafting any items until the moodlet resolves.
- Proper sims cannot use any mean or mischievous interactions at any time. Only use respectful introductions. Romantic or funny interactions may only be used after the sim is a good friend. A proper sim must hang out 3 times with a good friend before asking the friend on a date. 3 successful dates (at least 1 gold) and best friend status before asking to be girl/boy-friends and girl/boy-friends for at least 1 sim week before proposing. 1 sim week must pass after proposing and before scheduling a wedding. You must have gold on a wedding and not elope. Proper sims must be married to try for baby. Getting any moodlet related to witnessing improper acts disables money making. Any action that breaks rules such as sneaking presents, stealing, hacking, paying bills late, alien or vampire powers or magic spells to control other sims must be avoided.
- Recycle disciple sims will swipe stuff if they haven't recycled in a while. If you get the tense moodlet, you must stop controlling the sim until they've swiped something. You cannot cancel the action or queue up other actions to stop them.
- Romantic sims need to flirt. Getting the “lovelorn” moodlet at any time disables the ability to earn money. Achieve and maintain the hungry for love lifestyle.
- Self-Absorbed Sims need to socialize. Getting a tense moodlet for not socializing at any time or having a red social need disables the ability to earn money until the condition is resolved. Fish for compliments at least once a day.
- Self-Assured Sims cannot have any embarrassed moodlets even if it's not the main emotion. Money making is disabled until the moodlet is resolved. They must also “Propose a crazy scheme” once every 24 sim hours in order to keep earning money.
- Slobs cannot clean. Hire a maid or let other household members clean. Try to stop autonomous cleaning.
- Snob sims must avoid the “Uninspiringly decorated” moodlet while on their home lot. Getting that moodlet at any time means money making is disabled. Friend requirements are waived for ancestors and family, but you need to be acquaintances. You are only allowed to be friends with other snobs. They should have a club of snobs and be good friends with at least 2 other snobs.
- Squeamish sims must get rid of the uncomfortable moodlet from dirty surroundings before doing anything else. Getting this moodlet at any time means money making is disabled until the moodlet is resolved by cleaning. Making money is also disabled if getting an uncomfortable moodlet for any reason described in the trait description or after cleaning. Achieve and maintain an indoorsy lifestyle.
- Unflirty sims cannot earn money if they get any negative moodlet for social awkwardness. They still need to find a partner to have at least one child for an heir. Achieve and maintain the single-and-loving-it lifestyle.
- Vegetarian sims cannot eat meat and get the related sad and uncomfortable moodlets. If they do, money making is disabled until the moodlet is resolved. They must also evangelize vegetarianism at least once every 24 sim hours. Achieve and maintain the health food nut lifestyle.
Rules for likes and dislikes
- For legacy sims, choose exactly 1 like and 1 dislike from every category when able in CAS. These need to be rotated just like traits. No other likes or dislikes can be customized.
- If you get a prompt should Sim like or dislike X, always say yes. If a Sim doesn’t like a skill they need, then that’s part of the challenge.
- You have to stop any action that causes an overall negative mood for a dislike. To do something you don’t like, you have to build up enough good moodlets to override the bad.
Lot Challenges and Rules
- Lot types for the current residence must be rotated if you have different lot types. Paranormal Investigators must live in a Haunted House. Apartments are rotated in as available. If you’ve stayed at all of them, then you must skip them because they’re easier.
- If choosing a Tiny Home Residential, you can add a porch to satisfy the tile requirements, but you cannot add a roof unless you can support it with walls on 2 sides or columns on 4 corners. Do not cheat the system even though the game allows. All ceilings must have tiles below them. Fences do not have to surround tiles, but they cannot have a roof if there are no tiles under the roof.
- With the exception of the lot where the founder is a baby, all lots must start with all lot challenges enabled. Lot challenges for the founder’s childhood are optional.
- For every milestone made, you may remove 1 lot challenge. You must choose 1 lot challenge to remain for that entire generation and these need to be rotated. If you need to leave your lot, you must enable all remaining lot challenges on the lot you’re travelling to if possible. If you cannot add off-the-grid to the visiting lot, then add landfill lot and you are not allowed to use anything that requires power. Change the lot traits to match your home lot traits when possible.
- Completing an adult aspiration milestone.
- Maxing an adult skill that requires at least 10 levels. In order to count, you must not be above level 1 when moving as a teen.
- Getting a promotion at work.
- Completing 4 university classes. This is 1 term if you take a full load.
- The current legacy sim ages up into a young adult.
- Paying off debt completely.
- Having a child.
- Before attending university, you need to remove the off-the-grid lot challenge or you cannot stay in university housing. University housing is only available to sims with a career based money making method and only for their main degree.
- If you have laundry day, you must purchase a hamper. Leaving piles of laundry around is fine. If you want to send your laundry out, add $100 a week per sim in the household to the weekly bills.
- Traveling from one place to another costs money.
- $100 for traveling between neighborhoods at world select.
- $10 for traveling between world views in the same neighborhood.
- No charge if you can see the lot from where you currently are. Groups within neighborhoods are visible on the world map.
- No charge for portals, rocket ship travel, wormhole travel or scripted questions to secret areas.
- No charge for toddlers.
- 50% charge for children, but no charge for going to school from home. If not at home, charge the rate for traveling to the home lot to catch the bus.
- 70% charge for teens, but no charge for going to school from home. If not at home, charge the rate for traveling to the home lot to catch the bus.
- 80% charge for currently enrolled university students. You must pay to get to class. $80 (discount already applied) if you don't live in the Brightchester neighborhood and $8 (with discount) if you live in off campus housing in Brightchester. No charge if you live on campus. Charges are one way!
- 90% charge for elders.
- 200% charge for not having enough money on hand in household funds to pay at the time of travel. Other discounts still apply. Add this to your debt.
- Vampires with the always move as bat or always teleport options enabled may travel for free. Neighborhood changes require Prime (level 3) or higher or you have to pay.
- Mages with the always use brooms or always teleport options enabled may travel for free. Neighborhood changes require Acolyte (level 3) or higher or you have to pay. No charge when using the glimmerstone to travel to the magic realm, but you have to pay to leave based on where the portal is located and your end destination.
- Mermaids may travel for free within Sulani only.
- Owning a bicycle and carrying one on each household sim will allow you to travel around the world for free. Travelling to other neighborhoods still costs money.
- Traveling to a community lot and using the facilities requires an entrance fee. This is so you cannot use facilities that you did not pay for. Community lots are any lot that isn't another sim's residence. If you do not go into a building and are just gathering collectables, then no charge.
- Charge is per person that travels in the household. This includes legacy and non-legacy sims, but not unless they're part of the current household.
- Fee is accessed every time you change lots. You must leave buildings after 8 sim hours to simulate normal business hours. You cannot use the same lot twice in a day unless someone invites you to an event. Camping outside for more than 8 hours is fine as long as you don’t use facilities inside a building.
- Toddlers are free
- $50 for children
- $70 for teens
- $80 for university enrolled students
- $90 for elders
- $100 for adults
- Occult classes that travel for free cannot avoid this fee.
- Parks and libraries are free if you own a lot in that neighborhood, but have a community lot fee if you don't live there. You still have to leave the library after 8 sim hours and not go inside until the next day.
- The magic realm is free, but accessible only to current mages and those with a mage aspiration.
- You cannot add beds to a community lot or skill building items that don’t make sense for the venue type. No showers unless it’s a pool, gym, onsen or spa type venue. You may only prepare food if it’s for a party event that you are hosting or it’s outdoor grilling. Buying food for sale is allowed.
- You may only go into the home of another sim if they have specifically invited you via the phone and you have the money to travel. You still have to pay for the trip. You can stay a max of 1 hour if you are an acquaintance, 2 if a friend, 3 if a good friend, 4 if best friends or family, 5 if boy/girl friend and 6 for fiancee. Spouses must move in with the legacy sim.
Rules for earning money
- Only the active legacy sim and potential child heirs may have a job or earn money in any way. Spouses, siblings or other relatives cannot earn money.
- Selling furniture, items or lot structures isn't allowed unless otherwise specified. If you want to get rid of it, either store it in household inventory or sell it and reset your money using cheats back to what it was. Placing an item in build mode and then undoing for a full refund because you changed your mind is permitted. Once you close build mode, your purchases are permanent. If you own a retail store and are permitted to earn money that way, you may sell household items there if they fit the category of your store. You cannot sell a computer in a bakery for example.
- Items from the pile of presents or from Santa cannot be sold. Your sim may only get 1 present on each birthday if a birthday party is thrown. You may get presents during winterfest for as long as the pile looks like it has more than usual after Father Winter leaves gifts.
- Harvestables, collectables, frogs bred, dumpster dives, trash rummages and fishing items may not be sold unless the sim is specifically allowed to sell them. You may grow or collect harvestables for food. You may collect and use items found without selling them.
- The recycling trash can can't be used to gain money unless otherwise specified.
- Children of the current legacy sim must join after school activities according to their aspiration. They need to go to school and cannot go on vacation unless the whole family is going to a vacation home or they are sick (in a bad mood). Money earned by children must be used for the current legacy sim if the sim is supposed to earn money from the parenting skill.
- Motor after school activity: scout
- Creative after school activity: drama club
- Mental after school activity: scout
- Social after school activity: drama club
- Teens and adults may choose only 1 way to make money with a job, skill or business.
- Teens that are choosing a job as an adult may choose any part-time job as a teen and then change their job to their adult job when they age up. Rotate the part-time job chosen and repeat them once all are used. Don’t use any of the part-time jobs as an adult.
- If you have university and a degree applies to a career, you must earn a distinguished degree for that career first to complete it. You may keep your part-time job while in university and tutor for money. You may also elect to change your job to your end career goal before completing university, but it will be hard to do university and the career at the same time if the hours conflict.
- For the renaissance aspiration, after school activities and part-time careers count for raising a career to level 3, so use those and the main job will be the last one.
- Actions required by a job for daily tasks or reward interactions as a result of having a specific job like pickpocketing from the criminal career or streaming video games for esports may also generate money.
- You may sell rewards earned from bonuses at jobs in build mode if you sell them immediately after getting them. This includes school projects if they are completed first, but only if you are earning money from a job.
- Sims that choose skill based work may not sell anything via build mode or directly from their inventory unless no other method is available. Selling to other sims by plopsy, vendor tables or retail stores must be used. You can sell to a grocery vendor if you have cottage living. If you cannot put it into a retail store, buy another item of the same value in build mode that can be put into a retail store and sell the original item in build mode to get a free item that can be sold.
- If a skill doesn't have an obvious way of generating money, try to get creative. You can own a retail store that sells related items. You can create videos doing the activity and upload them via the media station, but you must improve each video as much as possible before uploading via editing and transitions. The parenting skill allows making money through any child acquiring an item by any means.
- Career categories are based on skills for the university degree, highest skill that needs to be reached to get promoted to the top level in that career, the most useful skill for the career or useful skill for the degree. Skill category is based on the child aspiration that boosts that skill. Not all of these make sense. I’ve looked at the tuning files and this is how the Sims categorizes these skills, not me. If no obvious skill benefits a career or no child aspiration benefits a skill, it’s thrown into the miscellaneous category. Use these to fill in gaps for child aspirations that don’t have as many options.
- Motor Careers: Astronaut (Space Ranger and Interstellar Smuggler), Athlete (Professional Athlete and Bodybuilder), Doctor
- Motor Skills: Dancing, Fitness, Pet Training, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Snowboarding
- Creative: Critic (Food Critic), Culinary (Chef and Mixologist), Entertainer (Musician), Freelancer (Crafter, Digital Artist, Fashion Photographer, Writer), Gardener (Floral Designer), Interior Decorator, Painter (Master of the Real and Patron of the Arts), Writer (Author)
- Creative Skills: Baking, Cooking, DJ Mixing, Flower Arranging, Guitar, Juice Fizzing, Knitting, Media Production, Mixology, Painting, Photography, Piano, Pipe Organ, Singing, Violin, Writing
- Mental Careers: Business (Investor), Civil Designer (Green Technician), Conservationist (Marine Biologist), Criminal (Oracle), Education (Professor), Engineer (Computer Engineer and Mechanical Engineer), Freelancer (Programmer), Gardener (Botanist), Law (Judge and Private Attorney), Military (Covert Operator), Salaryperson (Expert), Scientist, Tech Guru (eSport Gamer and Start-up Entrepreneur)
- Mental Skills: Archeology, Fabrication, Fishing, Handiness, Herbalism, Logic, Programming, Research and Debate, Robotics, Rocket Science, Video Gaming, Wellness
- Social Careers: Actor, Business (Management), Civil Designer (Civic Planner), Conservationist (Environmental Manager), Criminal (Boss), Critic (Arts Critic), Detective, Education (Administrator), Entertainer (Comedian), Military (Officer), Politician (Politician and Charity Organizer), Social Media (Internet Personality and Public Relations), Salaryperson (Supervisor), Secret Agent (Diamond Agent and Villian), Style Influencer (Trend Setter and Stylist), Writer (Journalist)
- Social Skills: Charisma, Comedy, Mischief, Selvadorian Culture
- Miscellaneous Careers: Freelancer (Paranormal Investigator)
- Miscellaneous Skills: Acting, Bowling, Cross Stitching, Medium, Parenting, Vampire Lore, Veterinarian
- Miscellaneous Money Making: Owning a Restaurant, Collecting Items (no harvestables), Magic, Kleptomaniac Trait, Roommates and Utilities (selling power/water), Batuu Smuggler, Batuu Resistance, Batuu First Order, Dumpster Diving, Vending Machines, Village Errands in Cottage Living, Raising Chickens, Raising Llamas, Raising Cows, Dust Bunnies, Gifts (presents from animals or objects), Odd Jobs, Marriage
- For skills based money earning, no degree is required.
- For all plant needs, you must find them growing in the world, not on another sim’s lot. If it doesn’t grow naturally, you need to get it through grafting. Purchasing seed packets or produce/flowers from vendors is too easy. You may not harvest from festivals.
- For flower arranging, all arrangements must be made with actual flowers grown by your sim or harvested from the world.
- No indoor gardens of any type if you have seasons installed. Using the weather machine to change the season is allowed, but you need to keep it outside.
- For high value crafting skills (over $1,000 per item produced), once you reach level 10 in the skill, you must purchase a retail store to sell your items. Using the vendor tables is too overpowered.
- For painting, you must paint every painting available before you can start over. This will create a lot of different valued paintings.
- Retail stores must have some lower priced items in stock at all times. Sell supplies or decorations related to the skill if you’re selling crafted items. Crafted items are not restockable, but supplies and decorations are. At least 2 items need to be in stock that are less than $1,000 simoleons and restockable.
- Restaurants need to have a theme for food and have all food related to that theme available unless it’s too high level for the chefs. You cannot just serve the most expensive items.
- For money making from skills, if you have a retail store, vet clinic or restaurant, you need all perks purchased and 5 stars eventually to end the generation.
- Retail, vet and restaurant lots cannot contain any usable electronic or plumbing items unless the off-the-grid lot trait is removed. Disable utility use on any off-the-grid appliances.
- For each business you own, you need to pay taxes. When your bills are due, pay 10% of the retail lot’s value in build mode.
- No sleeping or showering on business lots. You need to go back to your home lot for that. You may keep skill building items on business lots, but you cannot move them back and forth. Buy 2 of the items if you really want to skill build at home and at the business.
List of degrees for careers
Career | Branch | Degree
Actor | none | Drama
Detective | none | Psychology
Doctor | none | Biology
Scientist | none | Physics
Astronaut | Space Ranger | Physics
Astronaut | Interstellar Smuggler | Villainy
Athlete | Professional Athlete | Biology, requires Soccer Team Player scholarship and max level
Athlete | Body Builder | Biology
Business | Management | Communications
Business | Investor | Economics
Civil Designer | Green Technician | Physics
Civil Designer | Civic Planner | Communications
Conservationist | Environmental Manager | Economics
Conservationist | Marine Biologist | Biology
Criminal | Boss | Villainy
Criminal | Oracle | Computer Science
Critic | Arts Critic | Art History
Critic | Food Critic | Culinary Arts
Culinary | Chef | Culinary Arts
Culinary | Mixologist | Culinary Arts with Mixology Elective (also take mixology class on the phone until you get the Mixologist Certification)
Education | Administrator | Economics
Education | Professor | Psychology
Engineer | Computer Engineer | Computer Science
Engineer | Mechanical Engineer | Physics
Entertainer | Musician | Fine Art
Entertainer | Comedian | Drama
Freelancer | Crafter | Fine Art
Freelancer | Digital Artist | Fine Art
Freelancer | Fashion Photographer | Fine Art
Freelancer | Programmer | Computer Science
Freelancer | Writer | Language & Literature
Gardener | Botanist | Biology
Gardener | Floral Designer | Fine Art
Interior Decorator | none | Fine Art (might need mods to fix a bug that doesn’t give a bonus)
Law | Judge | History
Law | Private Attorney | Language & Literature
Military | Officer | History
Military | Covert Operator | Psychology
Painter | Master of the Real | Fine Art
Painter | Patron of the Arts | Art History
Politician | Politician | History
Politician | Charity Organizer | Communications
Salaryperson | Expert | Computer Science
Salaryperson | Supervisor | Communications
Secret Agent | Diamond Agent | Psychology
Secret Agent | Villain | Villainy
Social Media | Internet Personality | Drama
Social Media | Public Relations | Communications
Style Influencer | Trend Setter | Art History
Style Influencer | Stylist | Fine Art
Tech Guru | eSport Gamer | Computer Science, requires ESports Competitor scholarship and max level
Tech Guru | Start-up Entrepreneur | Computer Science
Writer | Author | Language & Literature
Writer | Journalist | Communications
Stage 1: Survive as a baby, toddler then child without being taken away.
Rules specific to challenge 1 only:
- Lot challenges are optional.
- Any child that ages up to teenager must move out. You can delete the teen from the household, kill the teen or age the teen up to adult to move out. That teen must then be replaced by a new toddler. The new toddler does not count for scoring.
- If you only have one adult, then keep a cake with candles around. If the adult dies, age up the oldest child to a teen before grim comes. In order to keep adults in the household, any adult that dies may be replaced by the next child to age up to a teenager. That teen does not have to move out or be replaced by a toddler, but the teen must wait to age up to adult until it's the sim's birthday. This also counts as an additional adult for scoring purposes. If the teen goes to school with no adults in the household, then hire a nanny to take care of the toddlers and babies. Do not send them to daycare.
- Keep track of all starting funds and money cheated as you will need to pay it back. The easiest thing to do would be to cheat the household funds to 1,000,000 simoleons before buying a lot and building a house. When the founder moves out, subtract the remaining funds from 1,000,000 to figure out how much debt you have. For example, 800,000 in household funds means you spent 200,000.
- Score is determined by having as little debt as possible. The calculation is: (amount spent x number of adults) / (number of children). Children count as half points (0.5), but toddlers count as 1 full point for this calculation. The founder counts as 1. Even if an adult dies, that sim counts for the total including the parent of the founder. Minimum of 2 adults will count for scoring. If a child is taken away before reaching teen and moving out, that child doesn’t count for the score. This means that having more adults will cost you, but having more children will lower the debt.
- Nannies and butlers do not count as household adults since their services cost money.
Stage 2: Establish the Legacy.
- Once the founder is a teenager in stage 1, calculate the score and move out. You cannot take anything with you except homework, scouting manuals/boards, awards and photos.
- You may purchase any lot and build any house you like, but keep track of how much is spent.
- Keep the lot traits from stage 1.
- Enable all lot challenges and change the lot type if needed.
- Cheat enough money to buy the items to start making money with the chosen method. Some areas do not have a public bathroom or bench to sleep on, so you may choose to buy a pee bush or toilet and bench to nap on. You must buy a hamper if you have laundry day.
- Your debt is (score from stage 1) + ((cost of house and lot + starting household funds) * 2)
- The number of lot challenges to keep will be based on the starting debt for each generation. For each $20,000 in debt, you must keep an additional lot challenge. Round up to the nearest whole number. Number of challenges to keep = debt / $20,000. If the number is higher than the number of available challenges, then you have taken too much debt.
Stage 3: Guide the legacy sim through life stages.
- Earn money following the main rules.
- Pay down the debt as much as possible by cheating away money and subtracting it from the total debt. You may not do anything that requires money while you have existing debt unless it’s required to earn money. Any further debt added must be doubled.
- At some point, the legacy sim needs to have a child. Relationships and marriage is optional, but may be required or forbidden based on traits. In most cases, the other parent of the legacy sim needs to be a ghost in the ghost town after death.
- You may only have offspring with a human unless it makes sense from your current legacy sim's occult status, traits, aspiration or job that you choose an occult sim. Having an occult aspiration allows being with that occult type. Having a scientist or astronaut job allows aliens. Being a lifeguard, diver or marine biologist or having the child of the ocean/islands traits allows mermaids. If you are a half alien, you may choose other half aliens or full aliens. If you are unaware of another sim’s occult status and marry one by accident, that’s fine even if you find out later. This should be rare because a lot of occults give themselves away.
- The other parent can move into the household or not according to preference, but must not bring any money or items with them. The other parent must be converted to a ghost on death with the sim's tombstone stored in New Crest if their child becomes a legacy sim. Parents of non-legacy children do not need to be a ghost unless they are married to a legacy sim at the time of that legacy sim's death.
- You cannot change the prospective mate's gender or customize the gender. If the sim is not compatible with your current legacy sim, the legacy sim can be customized to either “become pregnant” or “get others pregnant” regardless of the birth gender. This allows for all types of relationships and still preserves the genetics portion of the legacy. It also allows for a female elder to have a child if she waits too long. If your spouse is gender neutral (can't become pregnant and can't get others pregnant), then you may cheat the current legacy sim into being pregnant or try for baby with a random sim to simulate having a child through IVF. Your spouse will adopt the toddler as a care dependent and the donor sim does not need to be converted into a ghost since for story purposes, that sim is unknown. If you want your legacy sim to be gender neutral, then you may adopt an heir, but only as a baby. If using IVF or adoption, the legacy sim's current significant other is considered the natural parent of the baby. That sim needs to end up in the ghost town after death.
- Amount of children is up to you (unless traits require more), but only one child will be chosen to carry on the legacy.
- You can control all potential legacy children until one of them is declared chosen.
- All siblings need to end up in the New Crest graveyard when dead.
- When a child ages up to teen, that child must either be chosen for the next legacy sim or move out as not chosen. Teens not chosen can be moved into a house or merged with other households. Funds may be cheated or use free real estate.
- Once you have chosen a child as the next legacy sim (at teenager), your time is up to repay your debt, complete your aspirations and max your skill or career. You must retire from your job and close any businesses.
Stage 4: Carry on the legacy.
- Once a teenager is chosen to carry on the legacy, use the parent's remaining funds to pay off any remaining debt from the parent.
- Make arrangements for the other living relatives.
- You may kill the parent and any other relatives at this point if you wish by any means including cheats and mods. You may also allow them to die of old age later, but that makes collecting tombstones trickier. Make sure to keep them marked as a played household and add a vampire or very young sim to the household to avoid losing the last sim to die.
- If the parent had one of the aspirations that wasn't completable without an adult child, then you cannot kill the parent until the aspiration is completed.
- After death, collect the tombstones and strengthen their connection to the world. I've found that this effect is temporary with long running games, so there are several options to protect your ghost town.
- Mods that stop sim and relationship culling are allowed. They may not stop relationship decay.
- Summon the ghost and make them part of the household, then split them off into a new household and move them into a lot in New Crest. Keep the household marked as playable. This may eventually affect performance.
- If you run out of room for active household sims, then you may store just the graves on a lot in New Crest. Keep visiting graves and strengthening connections when you get a message that a relative's connection to the world is weakening. You may need to use mods and cheats to summon ghosts in order to communicate with them.
- You may decide to allow ghosts to be culled or delete them if they are greater than 3 generations of separation and not the legacy sim. So, the founder may never be deleted, but the founder's spouse and siblings eventually may be deleted after 4 generations.
- Build up New Crest using any method you like. Money cheats allowed. It doesn't need to be homes like what the living need as the ghosts cannot continue having jobs. It can look like a graveyard or a shrine to the magnificence of the legacy. It can also be homes if you wish, but living sims cannot move there. Make sure to have ghost households occupying the lots to prevent the game from moving sims in. You can also mark it as a nonresidential lot to keep others from moving in.
- You must visit New Crest and maintain at least acquaintance relationships with all legacy ghosts. Any family relationships less than 4 generations of separation must be friends or better. This means your parents, grandparents and great grandparents ghosts need to be your friends as well as any of their siblings and spouses.
- Determine if goals are met. If any goal is not met, no completions can be recorded for any category. If all goals are completed, then mark the appropriate completion. That trait/aspiration/skill/job/degree is unavailable for future legacy sims. Once all traits/aspirations/skills/jobs/degrees are completed for a specific category, you may reuse them, but you have to reuse them equally. For example, after all toddler traits are done, you cannot make everyone after that independent. You have to keep cycling through each one once. You can pick the order as this allows some strategy to be used.
- All toddler skills were at level 5 (3 for potty). Mark toddler trait as completed.
- All eligible reward traits are purchased without cheats.
- Child aspiration completed and an A in school.
- Teen had an A in high school.
- At least 1 negative and 1 positive childhood character trait.
- All character traits completed. See the main rules for specific completion rules of some character traits. Not all traits have a completion condition, so just having that trait is enough.
- Required lifestyles achieved based on traits.
- All lot traits completed. There is one lot trait that has completion requirements in the main rules.
- Adult aspiration completed. Some aspirations involve children or grandchildren and cannot be completed without overlapping active legacy sims. Completion of all possible steps before moving out the next legacy sim should be achieved. The parent sim should stay alive long enough for the next legacy sim to complete the parent's aspiration. Once conditions are set for the completion, the parent sim can be played to complete the aspiration and then all goals can be marked complete. If the parent sim dies before the child can set the correct conditions (top level in a career or having a child), then the parent legacy sim failed to complete all goals.
- Max level in child after school activity.
- Max level in career (10 is fine if extra levels are available, 10+ levels aren't required.) or if a skill was used to make money, max level in that skill. Some money making methods do not require a career or skill, so no requirement for those other than your debt must be paid off.
- All debt must be paid off when transferring the legacy to an heir without selling items from the lot or inventory. You may transfer money from any existing businesses and sell them.
- All dead legacy ghosts in New Crest must be acquaintances or better. If there is less than 4 generations of separation, the relationship needs to be friends or better in order to mark any goals as complete.
- Move out. You cannot take anything with you except money earned as a child and sentimental items such as trophies, awards and photos.
- You may purchase any lot not previously owned by another legacy sim and build any house you like, but keep track of how much is spent.
- The goal is to eventually build on every residential lot in the game. You should keep business lots as businesses so your sims have available retail lots and community activity lots like gyms, libraries, night clubs, bars and restaurants. To add an extra challenge, set a build challenge to be completed by the current legacy sim.
- Choose lot traits and challenges according to the main rules.
- Decide how much money you want to start with and set the household funds to that amount using cheats.
- Your debt is (remaining debt from parent + cost of house and lot + starting household funds) * 2. Each time you don't repay the debt, it gets bigger.
- Continue repeating stages 3 and 4 until end conditions are met.
Stage 5: Ending the Legacy
The goal is to see how many successful generations you can have. A generation must complete all goals within the generation as described in stage 4 to count as successful. There are over 100 ways to make money in this challenge if you have all packs, but no mods/cc that create extras. That means a minimum of 100 generations to complete all challenges and more than 100 ghosts in New Crest. Is it even possible to do ultra completion with all packs? Someone needs to find out! You most likely will need mods to stop the game from culling the ghosts. Recreation of ghosts is allowed, so save them to your library! You might not have a tombstone or urn for recreated ghosts without cheats or mods, but that's OK as long as you move the ghost sim into a lot in New Crest.
Early ending can be caused by a few circumstances:
- The active legacy sim dies without heirs that can carry on the legacy.
- Mods that allow children to live alone are allowed.
- Any legacy sim child can be used to continue the challenge no matter that sim’s age. Make sure to add adults to households that might have elders pass away before children reach teenagers or have MCCC adopt neglected children.
- Teenagers previously moved out or other siblings can be reactivated if still alive. Their starting funds, debt, house and lot costs need to be reset as described in stage 3 if they're living alone. Quit any job automatically assigned by the game and choose something valid according to the rules.
- The previous legacy sim may be reactivated and have new children if they are still alive. If the previous legacy sim is a female elder, then customize the sim’s gender to get others pregnant. Find a new partner if necessary.
- Debt gets to the point that no generations can complete due to not enough money to buy starting items and still have enough lot challenges available. Maximum debt is $240,000.
- There are too many ghosts in New Crest for you to achieve a relationship with all of them. Mods and cheats that stop sim culling are allowed, but you cannot stop relationship decay with mods or cheats. Sims with the aspiration that stops relationship decay are allowed.
Scoring at the end of each generation.
Points are given according to what was accomplished. No points for partial completion as that isn't living up to the legacy.
- 1 point for all toddler traits to max.
- 1 point for each eligible reward trait purchased.
- 1 point for a child having an A in school at the time of age up.
- 1 point for completing a child aspiration.
- 1 point for a teen having an A in school at the time of age up.
- 1 point for either a positive or negative character trait earned during childhood like responsible or insensitive.
- 2 points for max level in an after school activity.
- 2 points for completing a regular university degree with an A+ and 3 points for distinguished.
- 2 points for max level in a scholarship activity (soccer and e-sports competitor).
- 2 points for each unique personality and lot trait used and completed.
- 2 points for each lifestyle earned and followed.
- 3 points for completing an adult aspiration.
- 15 points for completing the lazy or noncommittal traits since they can't complete other things.
- 5 points for each collection completed.
- 5 points for reaching top level in a career or maxing a skill that is a money making skill.
- 10 points for max perks and/or stars in a business.
- 5 points for max celebrity level.
- 5 points for max perks purchased as a mage or vampire.
- Positive points for no debt or negative points for debt. Remaining household funds at the time of transfer to the next heir determines the score. Count the current value of the lot in build mode as part of the household funds only if all debt is paid off without it. Sell all businesses to convert them into household funds. (Household funds – remaining debt)/100,000 is the amount of points you get. Round up for positive numbers or down for negative points. For example, 1 to 100,000 in household funds is 1 point. For debt larger than household funds a minimum of 1 point is lost. Anything less than 100,001 in debt is -1. Anything over 100,000 but less than 200,001 is -2, etc. It's not possible to get 0 points unless you have exactly 0 in household funds after subtracting debt.
Ultra completion (all must be true)
- All aspirations have been completed by a legacy sim at some point.
- All skills have been maxed when used for money making by a legacy sim at some point. The legacy sim must also pay off all debt with that money making method.
- All jobs (including after school activities and university scholarship activities) have been promoted to the highest rank for that job by a legacy sim at some point and the job has resulted in the legacy sim having no debt at the end.
- All distinguished degrees have been earned with an A+ by a legacy sim at some point.
- All toddler and adult traits have been completed under the main rules by a legacy sim at some point.
- All child character traits, both positive and negative, have been earned by a legacy sim at some point.
- All possible reward traits have been purchased by a legacy sim at some point.
- All collections have been completed by a legacy sim individually. A single legacy sim doesn't need to complete them all at once.
- All lot traits have been used and completed under the main rules by a legacy sim at some point.
- All occult sims have been used at some point with all possible reward traits earned.
- All possible celebrity traits have been earned at some point.
- All lots in the game have been legacy houses at some point unless dedicated to ghosts or a business lot.
- All lifestyles have been successfully achieved.
- A restaurant has earned all perks and is 5 stars.
- A vet clinic has earned all perks and is 5 stars.
- At least 1 retail store has earned all perks.
#2 19th Apr 2021 at 5:01 PM
This is a really fun challenge, albeit a bit of a long read, it sounds like an interesting challenge. Will play this after I finish a different challenge
#3 9th May 2021 at 3:45 PM
Originally Posted by DaFloofster
This is a really fun challenge, albeit a bit of a long read, it sounds like an interesting challenge. Will play this after I finish a different challenge
I am editing it a bit and updating for the new packs. If you plan on making a story post or YouTube videos, let me know!
#4 28th Nov 2021 at 6:26 PM
Rules are updated and a new generation following these rules will be starting soon.