Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 9:05 PM
Default Sep 3rd 2020 Patch breaks rendering of certain windows
Both EA and cc windows are effected. Not all, just some. An example, try placing "Stone Frame Window" from Get Together. You can successfully place it on a wall, but the window will have no cut-out in the wall.

Edit:
Actually, let me re-state: I've yet to find any cc windows that today's patch hasn't broken, and I've a ton of cc windows. I don't know why some EA windows work and others are borked.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 1:43 PM
The wall cutout, which used to be a DST image, has been changed to a series of coordinates that create the perimeter of the cutout. As far as I can tell it's a nightmare to work with when it comes to curved edges and I feel deep sympathy for all the window and door creators that have to fix this, especially those with massive catalogues of content.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 5:06 PM
Oh bloody hell! I guess it will be only EA houses for a while then.

Quote: Originally posted by stupidname
The wall cutout, which used to be a DST image, has been changed to a series of coordinates that create the perimeter of the cutout. As far as I can tell it's a nightmare to work with when it comes to curved edges and I feel deep sympathy for all the window and door creators that have to fix this, especially those with massive catalogues of content.

Does that mean Mesh creators will need to learn coding now?
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 5:27 PM
Just noticed the same thing with arches. You can't see an opening in the wall when you place them, but Sims can still enter or leave a room. They literally go through the walls!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Does that mean Mesh creators will need to learn coding now?

It works similarly to manually adjusting the footprint of an object using S4S's warehouse. I haven't worked with footprints much but I have manually worked with rigs/slots (I wanted to be able to place counter appliances along quarter/half tiles) and it was tiring at best.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 7:34 PM
Something that might help Sims4 modders: https://sims4studio.com/post/148340
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 7:58 PM
I don't have mods and just found this problem on those windows in a tudor house I've just built so it isn't mods that cause it. I haven't checked which doors or arches are a problem. I'm going to put it on Answers to start it being sorted. I hope. It definitely was the latest patch as my house was made just before we got it.

I'm gonna make a wall and check 'em all!
Instructor
#8 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
I don't have mods and just found this problem on those windows in a tudor house I've just built so it isn't mods that cause it. I haven't checked which doors or arches are a problem. I'm going to put it on Answers to start it being sorted. I hope. It definitely was the latest patch as my house was made just before we got it.

I've just found two so far but haven't tried them indoors. They are the stone frame window and the King of Diamonds classical door which belong to the GTW pack. All the rest seem ok, even the arches. You just see the stone outline and no infill. hth
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 10:41 PM

The problem EA created also affects (some) EA content. You don't need mods to experience it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 12:08 AM Last edited by GothicGyrl : 7th Sep 2020 at 12:24 AM.
Is this what is happening right now? EA updated, disabled my mods as usual, I went in and told it to allow mods and now it loads, but then just goes to a black screen after the loading plumbob screen. How do I revert this so it will work, remove the mods folder?

*removed mods folder, game works.
*removed last two mods downloaded today, game does not work
* put mods folder back just because, game does not work

The game is unplayable without mods. I am a builder, I build. And I have a mods folder of 1.9 gigs worth of mods (1,333 items). OMG.. why did they break it?
Instructor
#11 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GothicGyrl
Is this what is happening right now? EA updated, disabled my mods as usual, I went in and told it to allow mods and now it loads, but then just goes to a black screen after the loading plumbob screen. How do I revert this so it will work, remove the mods folder?

*removed mods folder, game works.
*removed last two mods downloaded today, game does not work
* put mods folder back just because, game does not work

The game is unplayable without mods. I am a builder, I build. And I have a mods folder of 1.9 gigs worth of mods (1,333 items). OMG.. why did they break it?

It's their game. They do what they like with it. You have to wait for modders to catch up, (if ever). They've already removed some code from use by modders some time ago and they might do so again to protect their game.

I'm wondering if they are getting too many bug questions in Answers about things that are due to Modding. It's taking too much of their time checking those unnecessarily. They removed the Help threads from the OF to send them all there. I found that a lot of those were due to mods and not the original game and also some advertising of particular PC setups.
Instructor
#12 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 9:06 PM
It's their game. They do what they like with it. You have to wait for modders to catch up, (if ever). They've already removed some code from use by modders some time ago and they might do so again to protect their game.

I'm wondering if they are getting too many bug questions in Answers about things that are due to Modding. It's taking too much of their time checking those unnecessarily. They removed the Help threads from the OF to send them all there. I found that a lot of those were due to mods and not the original game and also some advertising of particular PC setups.

Since it's their game they need to get to fixing a lot if issues in the vanilla game. When I used to play I would play vanilla and would come across a lot of problems after patches in the game and even with some additional patches said to fix the issues there would still be some left behind. Now that I'm just renovating I still come across building issues and have reported several. Now I'm not saying I want a perfect game because I know that's impossible with any game. My thing is, I'm irritated when I paid for a pack and cannot use features in the pack because of bugs and glitches and I'm constantly repairing after patches and in general. For example, Dine out was still hard for me to enjoy. I would take my sims family out in mid day like noon to 3 and they would be done, if they got done, at like midnight or later. It was frustrating. So, unfortunately, because of this some people who have issues like that look to getting Mods to fix things Maxis hasn't fixed and so when they cannot use those mods they get frustrated. Now I get what you're saying, however they need to take responsibility for their game and fix the bug issues. Especially the ones that have been around for years.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh
Since it's their game they need to get to fixing a lot if issues in the vanilla game. When I used to play I would play vanilla and would come across a lot of problems after patches in the game and even with some additional patches said to fix the issues there would still be some left behind. Now that I'm just renovating I still come across building issues and have reported several. Now I'm not saying I want a perfect game because I know that's impossible with any game. My thing is, I'm irritated when I paid for a pack and cannot use features in the pack because of bugs and glitches and I'm constantly repairing after patches and in general. For example, Dine out was still hard for me to enjoy. I would take my sims family out in mid day like noon to 3 and they would be done, if they got done, at like midnight or later. It was frustrating. So, unfortunately, because of this some people who have issues like that look to getting Mods to fix things Maxis hasn't fixed and so when they cannot use those mods they get frustrated. Now I get what you're saying, however they need to take responsibility for their game and fix the bug issues. Especially the ones that have been around for years.

What she said. And, after I played around last night, I moved my mods out of the game and then each one strategically back, figuring out which ones worked and which ones did not. See, here's the thing--you are correct that it IS their game, but when we drop $40+ on games, packs, content and then they go and break things just because some people are more creative than they are, it makes me not want to buy future games. I am a builder and the more I have to build with, the more I like a game. I get that I may be alone in this, but I want the Star Wars pack just to build with. I can make a wicked city that is medieval and cool.

But, they don't have a real medieval pack out so I need to find the good medieval stuff. If they disable mods repeatedly, then I can't build my wicked medieval star wars lot. And that makes me not want to buy the game. It's like Facebook and their new layout--stop breaking what isn't broken and quit ticking off your true base fans/users.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh

Yes indeedee! Totally agree! It seems anymore that I spend more time fixing things in the darn game (mod related or not) than I do playing.
Shame. The Force and Eco Awareness notwithstanding.