Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Xavier Institute For Gifted Youngsters | X-Men

by iSandor Posted 13th Sep 2020 at 5:34 PM

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 6:02 PM
This is gorgeous and well done!! Great attention to detail!!! It will work great in game, thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 7:55 PM
As a long time Marvel (X-men) fan. I thank you ^^ <3
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunamist2
This is gorgeous and well done!! Great attention to detail!!! It will work great in game, thank you!!

Hello!! Thank you, I loved building this and I think the result was pretty good!

Hello, simmers!! :)

Welcome to my profile page!

If you guys are looking for cool builds (both residential and community lots) and great custom content for your game, you've spotted into the right place! Welcome home!

Feel free to visit my blog!

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by winterwi
As a long time Marvel (X-men) fan. I thank you ^^ <3

From fan to fan!! Thank you and you're welcome!

If you guys are looking for cool builds (both residential and community lots) and great custom content for your game, you've spotted into the right place! Welcome home!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 12:53 AM
I am huge X-Men fan, and have just started a new bunch of sims (X-Men of course). I was literally just about to look for an X-Mansion from the Gallery, and voila. You must be psychic. Thanks Professor! This is awesome.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 2cool4u_1
I am huge X-Men fan, and have just started a new bunch of sims (X-Men of course). I was literally just about to look for an X-Mansion from the Gallery, and voila. You must be psychic. Thanks Professor! This is awesome.

That's amazing!! I hope you can fully enjoy the building in your play! Thanks again!

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 12:28 AM
To quote the late Stan "The Man" Lee, "Excelsior!!" Great job!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deblake60
To quote the late Stan "The Man" Lee, "Excelsior!!" Great job!!

I'm so happy you guys are liking it! Thanks so much!!

Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iSandor
I'm so happy you guys are liking it! Thanks so much!!

I really am. I want to let you know that the optional content (chalkboard and such) prevented my game from loading. Once I removed the link CC, everything loaded.
The mansion is awesome, even without the CC Mesh.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 1:53 PM
I really am. I want to let you know that the optional content (chalkboard and such) prevented my game from loading. Once I removed the link CC, everything loaded.
The mansion is awesome, even without the CC Mesh.

Oh, really? I know that mesh is old... I don't think the creator has upgraded it. Well, it loaded here... but we know how mods are... that's why I stopped using a lot of them. I only used this one because I wanted to have a chalkboard ahahha. But you can fully play without it. I think there is another object that can mimic it.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iSandor
Oh, really? I know that mesh is old... I don't think the creator has upgraded it. Well, it loaded here... but we know how mods are... that's why I stopped using a lot of them. I only used this one because I wanted to have a chalkboard ahahha. But you can fully play without it. I think there is another object that can mimic it.

No worries! Still enjoying the Mansion! I actually used a black wall paper that I found on TSR and white letter stickers (I think also on TSR?) to give an illusion of a full wall chalk board. Now I am in search of CAS items to make my sims look like the X-MEN (well, more updated CAS items).
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 1:34 PM
No worries! Still enjoying the Mansion! I actually used a black wall paper that I found on TSR and white letter stickers (I think also on TSR?) to give an illusion of a full wall chalk board. Now I am in search of CAS items to make my sims look like the X-MEN (well, more updated CAS items).

I'm so happy you are enjoying it!! By the way... I did try to make CAS items with the X-men theme, but couldn't make them look nice, so, as a perfeccionist, I gave up. But I might try again!

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 9:24 PM
I can not imagine how much effort this took. My goodness! Gorgeous. A little ivy on the walls and it's indistinguishable from the movie! Thank you so much for your incredible building; totally worth those 9 months!
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babydawl1880
I can not imagine how much effort this took. My goodness! Gorgeous. A little ivy on the walls and it's indistinguishable from the movie! Thank you so much for your incredible building; totally worth those 9 months!

Hello!! Thank you so much!!! I tried to place the ivy on the walls, but I didn't like the way they looked, so I decided no to use them. But for sure it would be indistinguishable! Thanks so much again, I'm so happy you liked it!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 1:26 AM
Wow, great work! I live in the city where the filming location is! It's called Hatley Castle, in Victoria B.C
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by t0adlicker
Wow, great work! I live in the city where the filming location is! It's called Hatley Castle, in Victoria B.C

OMG really?! That's awesomee!! Thank you!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th May 2021 at 3:10 AM
awesooomeee, maybe I'd try an avengers base to.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th May 2021 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 4th Flicks
awesooomeee, maybe I'd try an avengers base to.

Thank you!
That'd be awesome!! Will you share it with us!?

Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 2:39 PM
Hello. I want to ask you something. I built a house too, but I get a 'file size too large' error when uploading it, whereas your 'Xavier Institute For Gifted Youngsters' building file is 100MB larger than mine How did you manage to upload this? Can you guide me too?
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MerlinMagnusSlytherin
Hello. I want to ask you something. I built a house too, but I get a 'file size too large' error when uploading it, whereas your 'Xavier Institute For Gifted Youngsters' building file is 100MB larger than mine How did you manage to upload this? Can you guide me too?

Hello!!!

So... I have uploaded in the old version of the upload wizard... I don't know if the new one limits the size of the file... but I don't remember contracting the file or something like that... have you tried talking to the staff?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 6:49 PM
Great work! The real filming location/castle is called Hatley Castle in Victoria, B.C (Vancouver Island/Canada)
I live not too far from there and it's a very popular place, the grounds are immaculately kept with a huge garden and tours inside during certain times of the year!
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by t0adlicker
Great work! The real filming location/castle is called Hatley Castle in Victoria, B.C (Vancouver Island/Canada)
I live not too far from there and it's a very popular place, the grounds are immaculately kept with a huge garden and tours inside during certain times of the year!

Hi!! I didn't know about this... wish I can visit it sometime!!! :lovestruc