Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 10:36 PM
Default Sims2 to Sims3 clothing conversion?
Hi. I found some really cool Joseon clothing for Sims 2 that I would like to have in my Sims 3 game. I looked all over the internet for a tutorial to help guide me through converting clothing from the Sims 2 to Sims 3, and I cannot seem to find anything for this. Is there anyone willing and able to help me or point me in the right direction? Thank you.
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 4:06 PM
I don't know much about clothing creation, but I'm sure it would help to look at both sims 2 and sims 3 creation tutorials. That way, you can learn how to extract the meshes and textures from the sims 2 clothing, and use sims 3 creation tutorials to make them useable for sims 3. It might take some adjusting in Blender or whatever program you use, in order to make the meshes match the bodies, but hopefully it won't be too bad!
Looking at some Blender basics tutorials first will help you get the hang of controls and such if you don't have much experience in meshing - there are lots online and on youtube if you'd like to have a look

Here is a video tutorial for clothing creation for sims 3. It starts with making the clothes in Marvelous Designer, but you will just need to follow from when you have the mesh itself. Or you could use the tutorials here, I'm not sure which ones are the easiest to follow.

Hope this helps!