Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims2RPC - Modded Sims 2 Launcher for Mansion and Garden

by LazyDuchess Posted 15th Oct 2020 at 7:04 PM - Updated 28th Jan 2023 at 8:00 PM by LazyDuchess : Notice

300 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 251 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 13
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 8:10 PM
You are a S A I N T. Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 8:14 PM
Step on me and burn my eyes, I want this to be the last thing I see
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 8:21 PM
I LOVE YOU
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 8:23 PM
Edit: I'm getting an issue right now with "Failed to find any Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system". The game works fine if I don't use this file
And yes, I've tried running it in windowed mode, but no dice.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiru
Edit: I'm getting an issue right now with "Failed to find any Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system". The game works fine if I don't use this file

I haven't tested this launcher (yet) but this happened to me a while ago in my game, did you try running it as administrator?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 9:08 PM

That's odd, make sure nothing is fullscreen when running it, this usually happens when you for example open Task Manager while the game is trying to boot up.
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 9:31 PM
Yep I'm running as admin, and nope I'm not opening anything else up with it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 9:39 PM
Yep I'm running as admin, and nope I'm not opening anything else up with it.

I'm sorry that it's doing that, this is the first time i've seen this issue happen because of my launcher
If you don't mind playing with the Firstborn Fix alone, there's instructions in the Description on how to install the fix into your normal Sims 2 game without the launcher, will have to figure out a solution for the launcher in the meantime.
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 12:23 AM
I just liked and fav here as well, i already tested because i first saw yesterday on tumblr.

At start i waited and waited and waited for the laucher to do the trick and start the game but the game won't start but because silly me have forgeted the .cache files that sometimes won't let my game start lmao (never forget them if anyone happens to face the same issue). And double check if your laucher files are in the correct place...

The borderless was a game change for me as well since i played only with the native sims 2 full screen... in a windows 10 laptop... it's hard guys. Also 10000000/10 for the first born fix, yesterday while gaming my sim families expanded by 4 new babies and so far the ones that grew up already are not clones! Big yay and thanks for that!! One less thing to worry about!!!

Now let me be real... Your laucher and fixes are game changing, life changing... I hope everyone that love this game and still playing came across these usefull files. Thank you, Lady! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 7:38 AM
Thanks for making this. I haven't used it yet, but question: for those who had a 4G fix on their exe, does this effect that? Will they had to add the 4G fix to this file? Or does this function more-so as a Razer Cortex type thing where it keeps the original exe file you use the play the game but opens it with another for optimizing purposes?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by octobersimmer
Thanks for making this. I haven't used it yet, but question: for those who had a 4G fix on their exe, does this effect that? Will they had to add the 4G fix to this file? Or does this function more-so as a Razer Cortex type thing where it keeps the original exe file you use the play the game but opens it with another for optimizing purposes?

The first time you use the launcher it downloads a new .exe alongside your original Sims 2 one called "Sims2EP9RPC.exe", you should apply the 4G fix to this one (not Sims2RPC.exe), as it will not carry over from your original exe
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 4:14 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 16th Oct 2020 at 4:23 PM. Reason: spelling
I decided to install the stand-alone randomizer according to the instructions from your tumblr and got an error complaining of a missing file (msvcp140.dll). This is apparently because I have my game installed to the K drive instead of the C drive. I searched for this file and another that the game complained about (vcruntime140.dll) and found them both in the Windows folder on the C drive. Since I have a disk-based game, I copied both files to the TSBin folder for Mansion & Garden Stuff and all appears to be working properly now.

I just thought I'd post this in case someone else has a similar problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 4:33 PM
OMG! Thanks for this fix! Now I can play the game and easily switch between programs! No more ugly blue screen after the game was reopened! The only downside is edge scrolling doesn't work in the borderless mode. But I guess it's a small price to pay
Theorist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 4:36 PM
I'm running the game from disks. I got the stand-alone randomizer.
The game launched with no issue.
Thanks you so much for sharing.
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 8:09 PM
If I want the randomizer alone do I have to have Mansions and Gardens? I am a Mac user so only have up to BV.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
If I want the randomizer alone do I have to have Mansions and Gardens? I am a Mac user so only have up to BV.

Sadly it won't work on Mac, because of the nature of the fix (DLL injection can only be done on Windows)
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LazyDuchess
The first time you use the launcher it downloads a new .exe alongside your original Sims 2 one called "Sims2EP9RPC.exe", you should apply the 4G fix to this one (not Sims2RPC.exe), as it will not carry over from your original exe

Thanks for letting me know! Might be helpful to include it in the description since many simmers have added the 4G patch to their game due to the crashing!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 4:11 AM
This simply does nothing when I run it. Any idea why that might be?
Mad Poster
#20 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 4:20 AM
Also, this seems to have caused my regular game to randomly crash while loading a neighborhood when run from the original exe. I may have to reinstall the whole game, now. I thought this could be guaranteed to be safe because it was on this site and presumably went through the moderation queue, but perhaps not.

Edit: I have no completely removed your files and my game still crashes during startup. It doesn't even give the standard "the application has terminated" message. All I can think is you have uploaded some kind of malware here.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 4:30 AM
Oh my gosh dude thanks so much! This is awesome! I always forgot to use the batbox or go into CAS before the kids were born! Now my neighborhoods will look so much more diverse!
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Also, this seems to have caused my regular game to randomly crash while loading a neighborhood when run from the original exe. I may have to reinstall the whole game, now. I thought this could be guaranteed to be safe because it was on this site and presumably went through the moderation queue, but perhaps not.

Edit: I have no completely removed your files and my game still crashes during startup. It doesn't even give the standard "the application has terminated" message. All I can think is you have uploaded some kind of malware here.

I just added it to my game, at first it crashed instantly when I ran it from the launcher, as I had to download the C++ package mentioned. After that, it worked perfectly and I was able to customize it further so it's definitely not malware. While it was still causing my game to crash, I was able to load it normally the regular way even with the files in the same place, so if your game is crashing on its own, it's probably another issue. Make sure the files have been moved to the right place, that's the only thing to do with the mod I can think of that would make it crash like that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 10:24 AM
The only thing other than Clean UI that made me squeal out loud after I opened my game, thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by imoutoftheblue
I just added it to my game, at first it crashed instantly when I ran it from the launcher, as I had to download the C++ package mentioned. After that, it worked perfectly and I was able to customize it further so it's definitely not malware. While it was still causing my game to crash, I was able to load it normally the regular way even with the files in the same place, so if your game is crashing on its own, it's probably another issue. Make sure the files have been moved to the right place, that's the only thing to do with the mod I can think of that would make it crash like that.

I installed that, it had no effect. Also, it is not crashing instantly, it simply just never launches the game. It's clearly doing something, however, because it modified the game's executable which is not something it is advertised as doing.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#25 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
 I thought this could be guaranteed to be safe because it was on this site and presumably went through the moderation queue, but perhaps not.

Uploads are not tested in game, they are assessed based on the creator guidelines.
Page 1 of 13