Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifetime Aspirations v.05

by ky-e Posted 27th Oct 2020 at 12:15 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2022 at 2:09 AM by HugeLunatic : removed advertising

229 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 162 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#176 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 1:16 AM
Really miss the old games Aspiration system. Even though you couldn't change them, it kinda made your sims feel unique for having a lifetime asp of their own, not one you wanted. So thanks!
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 2:16 AM Last edited by cdshrout1171 : 21st Dec 2021 at 2:38 AM.
I just installed this mod and now there are no aspirations at all showing up in my game....? Is it up to date?

EDIT: Also, if open it with one sim, nothing there, then switch to another sim and try to open it the aspirations tab it won't even open after that.

EDIT: Okay, I removed the .package that replaced the in game Aspirations and just added the custom ones. The custom ones show up as long as you don't put in the file that replaces the in game ones.
Test Subject
#178 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 2:16 PM
When i installed this mod, i can't open my aspiration tab i think it's broken....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 6:09 AM
This is really cool and takes me back to sims 3 days! thank you! I think it would be nice if there were some long term goals that were not too career based (also maybe more skill oriented ones) for example the bodybuilding asp. could be to have your sim become fit and achieve a high level on fitness skill

I also think an alien related aspiration would be nice, maybe the goals would be like getting abducted several times, having an alien baby and/or discovering aliens a certain amount of times.

hope you like these suggestions and once again thanks for such extensive work on this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 2:17 AM
I literally will not play without this mod anymore. Thank you!!!!
Test Subject
#181 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 7:56 PM Last edited by Phnx96Play : 14th Jan 2022 at 1:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
I just installed this mod and now there are no aspirations at all showing up in my game....? Is it up to date?

EDIT: Also, if open it with one sim, nothing there, then switch to another sim and try to open it the aspirations tab it won't even open after that.

EDIT: Okay, I removed the .package that replaced the in game Aspirations and just added the custom ones. The custom ones show up as long as you don't put in the file that replaces the in game ones.

Which file is that because I am having similar issues?

After reading the Readme. Should've done that first. I removed the packs I did not have currently. Now the mod is running smoothly.
Test Subject
#182 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 6:18 PM
Locations are pretty hard compared to simply sitting down and work like most aspirations and i think 1000 points like Strangerville Hero is still kind of too low. Better make all 5000.
That being said i still recommend this over the vanilla system because the vanilla system often has cases where previous goals cannot be done anymore.
Suggested to be done with the Buy Satisfaction Points mod.
Test Subject
#183 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 5:30 AM
Default Great mod!
I love this mod, but I think because I have some conflict issues, the in game aspiration chooser just comes up blank. The aspirations work fine in CAS.
Test Subject
#184 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by atillathesim
I love this mod, but I think because I have some conflict issues, the in game aspiration chooser just comes up blank. The aspirations work fine in CAS.

And for anyone else having the blank Aspirations window:
I had this same problem and realized I missed removing one of the packs I don't have. So if you don't own ALL the packs then delete the MERGED files, go into the "Individual Packages" directory and make sure you remove anything for packs you don't have. e.g. I forgot to remove 'Bust the Dust', but once I did and reloaded the Aspiration screen worked like normal.

Hope that fixes it for you as well!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#185 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 12:53 AM
I love this overhaul! It makes the game playable again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#186 Old 7th Feb 2022 at 9:03 AM
can you separate the base game so we can have them separated
Test Subject
#187 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 2:49 AM
for whatever reason child sims don't seem to reach rank 4 of drama club without cheats making the Theatre Kid! aspiration almost unobtainable in normal play. Does the mod need altering or am I experienceing some sort of bug or theres some sort of hidden requirements other than learning your lines?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#188 Old 6th Mar 2022 at 6:54 AM
I loved this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#189 Old 13th Mar 2022 at 12:25 AM
Love this, something new and refreshing
Test Subject
#190 Old 15th Mar 2022 at 4:02 AM
I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but I can't open the Aspiration menu in-game. I can only change via CAS...
Test Subject
#191 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 11:43 AM
请问我能进行繁体中文的翻译吗?
could I translate it in traditional Chinese?
Test Subject
#192 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 2:19 AM
Hi, I love this mod, but I ran into some trouble. I made a new sim and gave him the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration. I purchased and opened seed packs, and when I did it completed the aspiration? It seems to count fruits/veggies/herbs as insects for some reason!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#193 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 1:55 PM
This is soo amazing!! I haven't used it yet, but I am really excited to finally have most of the aspirations I always felt were missing in the game. If I could thank you twice, I would.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 29th Apr 2022 at 3:01 AM
Way Better, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#195 Old 14th May 2022 at 4:54 AM
Wooow, amooo. Ya los quiero probar
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#196 Old 17th May 2022 at 4:59 PM
Thank you so much for separating the dl so we don't HAVE to replace the maxis aspirations. Love having the bonus career goals for my sims!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#197 Old 22nd May 2022 at 9:57 AM
I adore this so much, and use it with delight, but I've come across something. In the "Well Rounded Sim" challenge, finishing an aspiration doesn't seem to count for the challenge goal. I don't know if this is because of this mod, another mod, or a bug, but I figured I'd mention it?
Inventor
THANKS POST
#198 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 7:53 PM
Does it work with the 1.88 patch, please?
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#199 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 11:31 PM
This is such amazing mod, it brings back memories from earlier sims games when aspirations were more like a lifetime challenge.
Also if anyone knows or has tested if this mod is still working with patch1.89, please let us know (e.g. in this comment section or something)?
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#200 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SoutherlySacrifice
This is such amazing mod, it brings back memories from earlier sims games when aspirations were more like a lifetime challenge.
Also if anyone knows or has tested if this mod is still working with patch1.89, please let us know (e.g. in this comment section or something)?
Thank you so much!

It works fine in my game, on the latest patch with Werewolves installed. Just make sure to grab version v06w3 from ky-e's Patreon.
The only minor inconsistency is that the new aspiration added in the new game pack is not yet covered by this mod yet.
Page 8 of 10