Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 2:12 AM
Hot take on the Pleasant Family
The best storyline is to just kill Daniel and marry Mary-Sue and Kaylynn
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 2:59 PM
It's best to start with their ancestors in 17th century Pleasant Valley which is the setting of my Pleasanview Epoc Challenge which is getting ancestors of most if not all of the families that would be there in the default one only all are created by me in CAS and are not the current families because those ones wouldn't be born until late in the 20th century or later for some of them.
The Pleasnant ancestors Andy and her husband Carol Pleasant are the second couple to arrive in the settlement and took up their homestead and got to work on starting up their own farm where they used to be laboring on somebody else's farm in England before leaving for a new colony in 1602.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 8:03 PM
A take hotter than the fire Angela tried to burn Lilith in
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 5:57 PM
Andy and Carol Pleasant would end up arriving to the new colony to find that after their first year which was only less rain than usual they end up with walking into the start of a regional drought in the new colony and have to struggle with farming for a few years though they do manage to get by because the local couples in the colony start building a close-knit community together.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 9:51 PM
To everyone who clicked disagree I'm sorry your life is deprived of gay
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maddie_Tried
I love this answer, why doesn't MTS have Karma or Benes or something? I would give you all my benes!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maddie_Tried

I won't go so far as to say "deprived"..IRL I don't envy anyone's personal life, I just don't CARE (gay, trans, non-sexual,etc.) But the fun of the Sims is you can do ANYTHING. I have many multi-marriages - men or women married (or not) in all sorts of combinations. Women have babies from anyone, Men have babies by anyone. Cheaters in the Sims (like Daniel) get punished, or "repent" & are restrained from being unfaithful. Of course if nobody cares, anything goes - my attitude for Sims and for RL. So hay, children, don't judge.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 10:20 PM
If you "don't care" about someone's idea for gay sims so much that you had to click "dislike" on it, Imma guess you actually care a lot.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 10:27 PM
Default but I did disagree with your criticism of open-minded and nice Gramma person
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If you "don't care" about someone's idea for gay sims so much that you had to click "dislike" on it, Imma guess you actually care a lot.

HAY!!! I DID NOT CLICK DISLIKE! or disagree. or anything

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 11:26 PM
OI! KESTRELLYN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(This is how gramma appeared in my head when I read her last post )
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
HAY!!! I DID NOT CLICK DISLIKE! or disagree. or anything

Maybe you didn't. But it is kind of interesting, whenever people talk about their straight relationship ideas no one ever shows up to specifically say that they don't care about that.
Instructor
#12 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 8:00 AM
@Kestrellyn: Oh yes, they do! If it's about Maxis premades anyway, then people always seem to have an opinion, whatever constellation you put them in. And that's fine, isn't it? I mean, not everyone plays the same way or has the same goals with what they do in the game and it's fun to hear others' takes on it. I wonder if maybe people interpret the "disagree" button differently? I don't know what it feels like for others, but I think the disagree button feels a bit more constructive than a dislike or thumbs down button would - just showing you think of something differently from the OP or would do things another way, not telling them their post was bad in itself.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 2:05 PM
In my opinion, there is no 'best' storyline idea. Why? This is a sandbox, the game is your oyster, anything can happen! However, there is such a thing as 'interesting' ideas, which I'd say that's quite the interesting turn of events. If Daniel was alive just imagine his confusion when he isn't the one his lovers want

I think I had read that someone had done Kaylynn x Mary-Sue before, but I could be misremembering.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 4:46 PM
I think the best storyline for any town or any family is the one the player decides to create and play which is why my Pleasant family in my version is a colonial couple on a homestead in a new world colony in the 17th century.They serves as ancestors to the presant day version of that family and their storyline consists of them having to deal with weather challenges like hard winters and droughts or floods from too much rain or forest fires that burn the local vegetation up.It's also a storyline of an entire community coming together to deal with and overcome these challenges together and build their new lives away from the restictions of Old World European society.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
OI! KESTRELLYN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(This is how gramma appeared in my head when I read her last post )

Add 50 lbs, give her a gypsy dress & long dark hair, and ya got me

Theorist
#16 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 6:51 PM
How edgy.....if this was 2004 :-P

That reminds me somebody here (or was it on tumblr) once had the head canon that Daniel liked to dress in women's clothing and his relationship with Kaylynne was built upon her liking it.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 4:11 AM
Edgy? Gramma? hahahahaha

Theorist
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Edgy? Gramma? hahahahaha

No, I meant that characters being homosexual should really not be considered a "hot take" in freaking 2020/2021. That's early 2000s culture when fictional characters being gay was considered outrageous or hilarious (just look at the gay character in any early 2000s movie and at least where I lived back then Sims 2 was advertised with slogans like "the teenage daughter is kissing the paper girl and nobody seems to care!" again painting it as outrageous/funny)
We are not a "hot take" we're just as normal as anybody else.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
No, I meant that characters being homosexual should really not be considered a "hot take" in freaking 2020/2021. That's early 2000s culture when fictional characters being gay was considered outrageous or hilarious (just look at the gay character in any early 2000s movie and at least where I lived back then Sims 2 was advertised with slogans like "the teenage daughter is kissing the paper girl and nobody seems to care!" again painting it as outrageous/funny)
We are not a "hot take" we're just as normal as anybody else.

we are way hot though ;D

I'd assume the edgy part was killing Daniel, not so much headcanoning Mary-Sue and Kaylynn as bi/pan/lesbian.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 8:50 PM
Usually when people label their own ideas as "hot take" they're being sarcastic.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 9:56 PM
The statement was "Best Storyline". Plenty of space for someone to disagree with the idea that's the best without realizing it was supposed to be . . . whatever it was supposed to be.

Given that we have one simmer who hates death and has banned it completely in all forms, who also is very publicly pro-gay, I think assuming disagreers are anti-gay is kinda . . . shallow.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 11:56 PM
I've been wondering what to do with Daniel in my Pleasantview game; I don't think I ever bothered playing him before and I'm at a loss. Maybe killing him is a bit extreme, though? I put him in that tiny house out in the forest when Mary-Sue kicked him out, but unless something better occurs to me maybe I will build him a pool...
Mad Poster
#23 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
we have one simmer who hates death and has banned it completely in all forms, who also is very publicly pro-gay
I wonder who that could be.

Well, I didn't click Disagree, because I know it can upset people, but it has to be said that I don't really agree with the idea of killing Daniel. My friend Gloria Jones from Veronaville says, "Well, I don't really know Daniel, but from what I've heard, he's just someone a bit like myself who enjoys woohoo. Heaven help us if they start killing us for liking woohoo."

For a hotter take I suggest leaving Daniel alive, and making it a threesome. I don't think Daniel will mind in the least what Mary-Sue and Kaylynn do together, as long as they let him join in too. (There used to be mods for that sort of thing on Back Alley Sims. )

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 1:35 PM
Mary-Sue is really furious with him in my game (I played it as it is scripted), it's been a few weeks and she's still kicking his bin over and stealing his newspaper! So I don't think she'll go for the treesome idea.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:25 PM
This thread makes me dizzy; I EXPECT people will do "different" things with their Sims, but I don't expect actual people to get all upset about what other people are doing with their dollies. I don't like to play turmoil, so I make the Pleasant family..well, PLEASANT. The twins are harder than their parents; I've often sent one of them to live with their grandparents. Or I torture Daniel by making him raise all his OOPS babies.

Page 1 of 2