Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 1:34 AM Last edited by Hailq : 4th Jul 2022 at 7:11 AM.
Default Rainbow Legacy Challenge
The Sims 4 Rainbow Legacy Challenge

I love long legacy challenges in the sims 4 but I always find that they aren't updated to include current packs and updates so I bring to you a new legacy challenge with tasks from all packs current in the sims 4. It is only 7 generations though so if it is requested of me I can add more generations to fit more pack opportunities, now onto the rules!

Play on normal lifespan.
Last generation has no kids and never gets married.
Must complete all obligations to complete the challenge.
Can play with any sim, gender does not matter.
If it's not stated below for the particular generation, you can have as many relationships as you want before settling down.
that's all! you can also play with any mods that would enhance your gameplay. just refrain from using extreme cheats (skill cheats, career, etc.)

Generation 1: Red

"Red has a range of symbolic meanings, including life, health, vigor, war, courage, anger, love and religious fervor. The common thread is that all these require passion, and the "life force" that drives passion blood is red."

Growing up you had a lack of parental love in your life making you not close with your parents at all. You never talk due to them questioning your life choices but you know in your heart this is what you want. Your incredibly passionate about your endeavors, but can't seem to keep friends and romantic partners for long.

Have the Public Enemy aspiration
Have the traits: Ambitious, Unflirty, Mean.
Start off with the salaries person career, once you reach the second tier of the Public Enemy aspiration, join the criminal career and master it on the boss branch.
Max the mixology skill.
Max the mischief skill.
Collect all the City Living posters.
"Accidently" get pregnant as a young adult.
Get engaged to the sim that got your sim pregnant then leave them at the alter.
Never get married.
Have 1 child and have your relationship be strained with them.
Make a lot of friends quickly then have your sim drift away from them fairly quickly.
Have a partner in crime.
Purchase a hideout using retail stores once your sim reaches level 6 in the criminal career.

Generation 2: Orange

"Orange is a combination of yellow and red and is considered an energetic colour. Orange calls to mind feelings of excitement, enthusiasm, and warmth. Orange is often used to draw attention, such as in traffic signs and advertising."

Growing up you had a strained relationship with your parent making you want to be the best for your own future children and partner. Unfortunately, you never had a ambition for careers making you have to take odd jobs frequently. Always wanting to be one who doesn't conform to the crowd, a lot of people read you to be too weird but you have your group of friends who love you for who you are... or so you thought.

Have the Super Parent aspiration.
Have the traits: Goofball, Family Oriented, Vegetarian.
Have the babysitter career till you marry along with doing odd jobs. Once married, quit the babysitter career, only doing odd jobs till you are an elder.
Max the parenting skill.
Collect all the frogs.
Collect all the fossils.
get C's in school.
get married to your bestfriend only to have them cheat on you.
have amazing relationships with your spouse (before they cheat on you) and children. (green friendship bar 100% full)
have 3 kids.
don't talk to your generation 1 parent.

Generation 3: Yellow

"The Meanings of Yellow. Yellow is the most luminous of all the colors of the spectrum. It's the colour of happiness, and optimism, of enlightenment and creativity, sunshine and spring. Lurking in the background is the dark side of yellow: cowardice, betrayal, egoism, and madness."

Growing up with the loving generation 2 parent, you really held on to their love for nature inspiring you to make the world a better place yourself. Everyone seems to gravitate towards your loving, positive energy making them want to be your friend. As much as you love this, you always creep back to the memory of your childhood when your parent split up your home for another sim, making you paranoid about your relationships.

Have the Friend of the World aspiration.
Have the traits: Green Fiend, Cheerful, Paranoid.
Master the Civil Designer career on the Green Technician branch.
Max the Charisma skill.
Max the Fabrication skill.
Collect all the postcards.
Use your points to get the Incredibly Friendly reward at some point in your life.
move in with your spouse once you get engaged.
Have 2 kids.
Get married as an adult.
Snoop on your relationships to make sure they aren't being unfaithful to you.
Have a good relationship with the generation 2 parent.
Have no relationship or a little bit of a negative relationship with your other parent.

Generation 4: Green

"Green is a cool colour that symbolizes nature and the natural world. Perhaps because of its strong associations with nature, green is often thought to represent tranquility, good luck, health, and jealousy. Green is often used in decorating for its calming effect."

You always loved the way your generation 3 parent got along with people and tried to make the world a better place, You love nature just like your parent and want to help people in the most effective way you can. Many people seem to think of you as a weaker version of your generation 3 parent, making you envy what they have.

Have the Freelance Botanist aspiration.
Have the traits: Jealous, Good, Loves the Outdoors.
Master the Doctor career.
Max the Logic skill.
Max the Gardening skill.
Complete the gardening collection.
when you grow up, drift away from your generation 3 parent.
have 1 kid.
get married as an adult.
grow a garden with all the plants from your collection.
do yoga once a week (or more.)

Generation 5: Blue

"Blue is a primary colour across all models of colour space. It is the color of the ocean and the sky; it often symbolizes serenity, stability, inspiration, or wisdom. It can be a calming colour, and symbolize reliability."

You had a pretty stable life growing up causing you to be very in-touch with your emotions, you picked up your parent's hobby of yoga as a teenager and it has become a place of mental stability for you along with making candles for when the going gets tough, unfortunately, the going seems to get tough for you often.

Have the Best Selling Author aspiration.
Have the traits: Gloomy, Neat, Creative and Emotional Control (Emotional Control earned through child + teen years)
Master the Writer's career (any branch)
Max the Wellness skill
Max the Writing skill
Make a candle twice a week
Have good relationships with both your parents.
Have 2 kids.
Get married as an adult.
find a place to display all your candles.
when you get sad from the gloomy trait, do yoga to refresh your mind.
when disciplining your children, always be strict.

Generation 6: Indigo

"Powerful and dignified, indigo conveys integrity and deep sincerity. The colour meaning of indigo reflects great devotion, wisdom and justice along with fairness and impartiality. It is a defender of people's rights to the end."

Your parents taught you well but strict leading you to bring a sense of class where ever you go. Growing up you found a passion for human rights and wanting to defend them till the end of time. People are intimidated by you leaving you with not many friends but you would put your life out on the line for the ones who do care.

Have the Renaissance Sim aspiration.
Have the traits: Proper, Loner, Perfectionist, Responsible (Responsible earned throughout child + teen years)
Master the Law career on the Judge branch.
Max the Research and Debate skill
Use up points to buy the Entrepreneurial reward at some point in your life.
Collect all the Experimental Food photos.
Have 1 kid.
Get married as an adult.
Have a good relationship with your generation 5 parent.
Have a strained relationship with your child.
Have 2 incredible friendships (100% green bar)
Aside from those 2 friends, don't have any other friendships.

Generation 7: Purple

"The colour purple is often associated with royalty, nobility, luxury, power, and ambition. Purple also represents meanings of wealth, extravagance, creativity, wisdom, dignity, grandeur, devotion, peace, pride, mystery, independence, and magic"

You never really had a good relationship with your generation 6 parent, they were always too uptight for you when all you wanted to do was go out and explore the world. The differences between the 2 of you lead you to not be in contact together. Never wanting to settle down and always wanting to be on the go caused you to never have kids and only have unimportant romantic flings. Seeing how cooped up in work your parents were turned you off from careers and work in general. Your carefree and happy to see where life takes you.

Switch between many different asperations that have to do with traveling. You don't need to complete them all but complete at least 1.
Have the traits: Adventurous, Childish, Erratic, Irresponsible (Irresponsible gained from child+ teen years)
Never have a career or take odd jobs. To make money collect things and scavenge. You can also sell things from your travels.
Max the Salvadorian Culture skill.
Max the Herbalism skill.
Use up your points to buy the carefree reward at some point in your life.
Try to max as many collections as you can that come from traveling to other worlds. (artifacts from Selvadorada, insects from Granite Falls etc..) You don't need to max all of them if you don't want to but try to Max 1-2.
Buy a blank lot that is your "home" but never build or own a house. Couch surf with friends or rent places you vacation to.
Keep vacationing until you are an elder.
Never settle.
Never have kids.
Never get married.

Thank you SO much for playing my first ever legacy challenge! It was so much fun making all these rules and stories to cohesively fit together while also getting inspired by meanings of colours. In the future I could add more generations or create more legacy challenges because I have many ideas that I wasn't able to implement. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask <3
I hope you enjoy this challenge and you can see me play it on my YouTube channel in the new year:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT...BJTIUDVLzJB4ZxA

Happy Simming!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 4:37 PM
I'm having a blast playing this challenge and I'd love to see more generations added!
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 10:38 PM
I wish more challenges were as detailed as this
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 5:36 AM
Default Future Generations
Quote: Originally posted by cjward
I'm having a blast playing this challenge and I'd love to see more generations added!

I'm glad your enjoying it! I have some generations in the works right now