Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 8:52 AM
Default Artie (Shrek the Third)
Hi, I started this project about a week ago but now I'm not sure what adjustments I can make.

Also, for whatever reason, I decided to start a teen and a young adult version of him, and was wondering which one is truer to his character at the moment. (Top is T, bottom is YA)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 7:22 PM
Med Wavy hair from there could also be fine, isn't it?
Regards Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#3 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 7:02 AM
I think this looks very good. I have not seen this 3rd movie but from reference picture I think YA is better. As for suggesions: I think the jaw is slightly wider, the chin more pronounced, the cheekbones are possibly higher or fuller.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 2:27 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I've widened the jaw and made some minor changes to the cheek height and fullness as @fascisthater suggested, however I wasn't quite sure what you meant by a more pronounced chin.

I also tried out the hairstyle @Victor_tor recommended (see 3rd picture), and while it has the overhang (is that the right word for it???) that he does, it just doesn't look right due to the texture. It's fine though, I plan on setting up a WCIF thread in due course.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 4:17 PM
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 7:18 PM
I kinda like it, it's just the texture.

Screenshots
Scholar
#7 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 1:45 AM
Great start! I think the nasal bridge may need to be indented more and narrower. Can you make the nose tip more bulbous? Raise the nostrils a little. The outer corners of the eyes need to be turned down a tiny bit. Perhaps make the mouth wider. I think there is a slider that pulls the chin forward. Looking forward to updates!
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Great start! I think the nasal bridge may need to be indented more and narrower. Can you make the nose tip more bulbous? Raise the nostrils a little. The outer corners of the eyes need to be turned down a tiny bit. Perhaps make the mouth wider. I think there is a slider that pulls the chin forward. Looking forward to updates!

Thanks for the feedback, I've taken it on board.
- Nasal bridge has been indented and narrowed.
- Nose tip is more bulbous.
- Nostrils have been raised a bit.
- Outer eye corners have been lowered ever so slightly.
- Mouth has been widened a bit.
- Chin has been pulled forward a bit. I just used Maxis' Chin Depth slider.

Now that I've shared these pictures I wonder if I should shrink the eyes a tad.
Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
#9 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 12:50 PM
I think this sim is coming along well. What I meant by more pronounced chin was that it seems to extend further out to me. The reference picture is sort of at an angle but I believe the chin extends slightly past the lips.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
I think this sim is coming along well. What I meant by more pronounced chin was that it seems to extend further out to me. The reference picture is sort of at an angle but I believe the chin extends slightly past the lips.

Does this look better?
Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
#11 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
Does this look better?

Yes. I think that fits the reference picture better.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 10:10 PM
Okay, it's been a few days and I've made quite a few adjustments. I'm also trying a new way to work out how accurate and faithful my Sim is: I made a (bit of a rough) pose out of the reference image that I'm using and comparing how my Sim looks in the pose to the image.

Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
#13 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 8:27 PM
Okay, it's been a few days and I've made quite a few adjustments. I'm also trying a new way to work out how accurate and faithful my Sim is: I made a (bit of a rough) pose out of the reference image that I'm using and comparing how my Sim looks in the pose to the image.

I think this looks very good. As you mentioned in an earlier post, the hair texture seems off. I think I would try to contrast the hair colors slightly more like in your first hair to see if that improves.
Scholar
#14 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 5:09 AM
Very nice! I think, maybe, try raising the cheekbones just a bit and increasing the nasolabial crease a little more. Great job!
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 8:35 PM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 18th Jan 2021 at 9:09 PM.
@SimmyRN: Added some nasolabial crease and raised the cheeks a bit.
@fascisthater: Does this look better? As you can see it's a bit tricky with the mapping on this particular retexture (see pic 2).

Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
#16 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 10:00 PM
@SimmyRN: Added some nasolabial crease and raised the cheeks a bit.
@fascisthater: Does this look better? As you can see it's a bit tricky with the mapping on this particular retexture (see pic 2).

I think this sim looks great now! Well done.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 4:40 PM
Oh boy it's been quite a while (5 days to be precise but I consider that to be a while).

Made some more tweaks: Widened the mouth, brought the jawline up a bit, and slightly decreased the nasolabail crease.

At this point I'm also thinking about his wardrobe. I don't know if I'll find a suitable mesh to retexture for his outfit, so I thought that instead I might go with a modern wardrobe with a medieval influence.
Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 6:40 PM Last edited by fascisthater : 23rd Jan 2021 at 6:56 PM.
Oh boy it's been quite a while (5 days to be precise but I consider that to be a while).

Made some more tweaks: Widened the mouth, brought the jawline up a bit, and slightly decreased the nasolabail crease.

At this point I'm also thinking about his wardrobe. I don't know if I'll find a suitable mesh to retexture for his outfit, so I thought that instead I might go with a modern wardrobe with a medieval influence.

Maybe the male outfit from here might work for you. Link or perhaps this one Link
Scholar
#19 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 5:45 AM
Could we see the reference photo with the sim again please. It's easier to check that way. Thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 10:30 AM
Could we see the reference photo with the sim again please. It's easier to check that way. Thanks!

Sure. (Retook because I thought the angle was a bit off)

Screenshots
Scholar
#21 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 6:06 AM
Very close! I think, maybe, make the chin a little longer and either the jaw wider, if possible, or the whole head narrower. The model's face looks more square to me. Turn the ears out a bit. Does the model have freckles? Excellent work!
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 8:23 AM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 29th Jan 2021 at 8:35 AM.
Very close! I think, maybe, make the chin a little longer and either the jaw wider, if possible, or the whole head narrower. The model's face looks more square to me. Turn the ears out a bit. Does the model have freckles? Excellent work!

I've made the changes but the chin seems a bit too far from the lips...

Screenshots
Scholar
#23 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 11:53 PM
Looks great to me! See what others think.
Staff - Moderator
#24 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 7:49 PM
I think chin length edits are better determined by a side profile picture comparison. The other changes seem good from a front facing view comparison.
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 9:05 AM
Side profile
I feel like the chin needs to come up just a bit...
Screenshots
Page 1 of 2