Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 12:37 AM
Default Could a CC be used to disable specific bones on a rig?
For example, making a glove cc that's an arm cast, I would want the bones at the elbow and hand area to be fixated and static because, well, it's an arm cast.
I've been playing around with CC and blender, and know how to exclude parts and replace them with CC such as helmets and masks. But doing something like an arm cast with that method would make it real janky. Sometimes I just need a specific body part to simply not move.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 5:08 AM
You can assign the entire arm to the shoulder joint. That should make it move as a unit. If you want to keep it from moving at all relative to the body you can assign it to the upper spine. You'd have to experiment with the bone assignments.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 6:07 AM Last edited by Ramenfire : 14th Jan 2021 at 6:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You can assign the entire arm to the shoulder joint. That should make it move as a unit. If you want to keep it from moving at all relative to the body you can assign it to the upper spine. You'd have to experiment with the bone assignments.

Are you referring to a CC object mesh or the arm itself? Because I'm more interesting with experimenting with the latter. I've been interested in playing around with the sim model itself, such as how CC can alter/mute voices.
If you're talking about excluding the arm and putting an arm cast model over it, then that could work. But like I said, I'm also interested in the idea of invisible CC that alters the model and rig.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 11:56 AM
The arm itself. You'd have to make clothing that has an arm with a cast and the modified bone assignments. You can't exclude and replace an arm with an accessory.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4