Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 327 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 3:53 AM
Default Hair Retexturing (?) Advice
I wanted to take the crown off TSK's TSM Queen Buns hair. Unfortunately, while the crown came off very easily, the hair itself has a shadow where the crown was. (Please see attached images for the shadow and its presence on the controls and diffuse.) What would be the best way to erase the shadow while keeping the original textures?

I'm not very confident with art programs, which is another problem but outside the purview of this forum, ha ha.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 9:47 PM
You're going to have to remove the shadow of the diffuse texture in Photoshop or any other program which opens .DDS files. I can do this for you if you send the mesh and corresponding textures and I'll send it all fixed back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 10:30 PM
Thank you very much! I've been trying to do that and I can't get the shadow off; I tried using the burn tool (which partially worked but made the remainder too bright; it worked when it was closer to the "back of the head" area for reasons I can't determine) and then a clone stamp (which looked wonky but maybe I need more practice?)
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Queen Buns For Sharing.zip (1.92 MB, 1 downloads)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 9:10 PM
I managed to fix the textures. It's not the best I could do, but maybe it's enough. I only edited the diffuse, but control has to be fixed, anyway. You have to add roots and tips on your own. Medieval hair controls are different. You don't need TSM bump map (normal map). I use the default bump map and halo, because IMHO they don't change anything in game. Did you create the hair in Daboobs or TSRW?

Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar S3_00B2D882_00000000_5E1E82703F46480C%%+_IMG.rar (536.3 KB, 1 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 10:15 PM
Thank you for doing that! It was very nice of you.

I used TSRW; should I have used Daboobs?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 10:22 PM
It's okay you used TSRW because I created the file with Daboobs and it crashed my game twice. Some hairstyles generated with Daboobs don't work, so TSRW is an alternative, but I prefer Daboobs. Create new roots and tips and consider moving the hairstyle to the front a little bit because there seems to be some clipping.