Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 9:47 AM
Default Sims 2 story progression mod open beta
Don't know if you know this but a modder by the name of Lazy Duchess has made a story progression mod! https://lazyduchess.tumblr.com/post...n-mod-open-beta

Features:

Aging: Inactive Sims will age up and die of old age.

Job Progression: Unemployed adult Sims will get jobs based on their interests and personality and progress in those jobs.

Relationship Progression: Inactive Sims will make friends, get in romantic relationships, get engaged and eventually married.

Pregnancies: Inactive Sims will get pregnant!

University Progression: Inactive Sims will go to university, pick majors based on their personality and interests and graduate.

Gender Preference: Inactive Sims will roll gender preferences.

Aspiration Progression: Inactive Sims will have varying levels of aspiration score.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 11:29 AM
So cool that innovative mods for this game are still being made! It seems like you have to go on Discord to download though, or am I missing something?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 1:02 PM Last edited by FranH : 31st Jan 2021 at 3:07 PM.
Yeah, it's very innovative, but it's featured on Discord (where you have to register for an account) and you can download from another site, which you also have to register to download from-dropbox.

I'm lucky that I have accounts at both. I've downloaded the beta and am going to be using it on one of my unplayed NHs. It ought to be fun..and challenging.
Being a beta gamer I'm going to have to keep track of how it affects my game.

Edit:
I have downloaded it, and started playing. It's as advertised so far-3 unemployed pixels were assigned jobs, and 1 got promoted. The updates seem to come at 2 pm every day, and 6 am everyday. I've run it through HCDU, and only have a few conflicts-one of which is the Lot Sync timer, which is a known conflict, and the "nolinkondelete" mod, which I refuse to remove. The timer is probably optional

You can also opt out of having Story Progression in your family, one individual, the entire neighborhood, and also change the aging to off or on-per pixel.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 9:58 PM
Story Progression actually includes nounlinkondelete functionality, so that's probably why it conflicts. SP should be released publicly once it's out of beta, currently it's on Discord so everyone can get notified about updates and bug fixes and give feedback as they play.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 10:43 PM
I have also found that the time sync does indeed work-and that right now it resyncs every household to the same time and day-(which kinda ruined TT, but I'll survive) but it forces children to grow up, and people who turn elders to lose their jobs once they do, instead of staying in their jobs. That could be a little jarring.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 11:24 PM
Cindy is streaming the mod on Twitch right now.
She is playing an apartment and two of the residents died and now two urns are stuck near the hot tub.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 12:03 AM
OMG!!!!! I haven't played Sims 2 in months because I have just been so bored with it. Now, I have to load the game up to try this mod out. Thank you so much Lazy Duchess.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 12:21 AM
I cannot lie, while there is no way I would use this in my Uberhoods, I kinda want to start a legacy in a completely separate save just to try this out. The only thing stopping me is a) I absolutely must finish tinkering with the sortindex of all the scarves I made before I let myself get sucked into the game and b) it's twenty past midnight.
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I cannot lie, while there is no way I would use this in my Uberhoods, I kinda want to start a legacy in a completely separate save just to try this out. The only thing stopping me is a) I absolutely must finish tinkering with the sortindex of all the scarves I made before I let myself get sucked into the game and b) it's twenty past midnight.

I'm going to start a fresh new megahood/uberhood to test the mod out. If all goes well, I will find a way to implement the mod into my current rotation hood.

Theorist
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 2:36 AM
Eh, no thanks. Story Progression is one of the reasons why I don't play Sims 3 or 4.

Still cool what people manage to do with the game. Just imagine if EA released the Source Code...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 2:49 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 2nd Feb 2021 at 3:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Eh, no thanks. Story Progression is one of the reasons why I don't play Sims 3 or 4.

Still cool what people manage to do with the game. Just imagine if EA released the Source Code...

I always turn off story progression, or make it the least intrusive it can be. In my opinion, TS2 is perfect, because it preserves the lots exactly how they were, even if you play them several weeks later (with maybe the odd change if a sim has gained a friend or some such). I'm a control freak when it comes to my simmies, and that's probably never going to change.

I guess SP is fun for those who like it, though. A lot of people have wanted something like this for TS2 for several years, so they'll probably be very happy to see this.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 2:55 AM
I just want to point out that even if you are a micromanager and hate TS3 story progression, this mod can still be useful - it can be used to automatically age townies, for example, you can turn off story progression for the neighborhood and turn off aging for every playable family individually and just enable aging for the neighborhood once per rotation and it will age your townies for you. You can also do things like put townies who are important to the neighborhood story but who you don't actually want to play into bin families and let story progression advance them for you.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion

Yes but you can turn it off for any playable household. If someone only wanted townies to progress while playing rotation with playables they can. Makes it a lot more versatile then sims 3 SP.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 3:50 AM
I've been playing around with this a bit, and while it's a great mod, (and Lazy Duchess is a genius for doing it), I cannot play with this. I've discovered that I don't like to use the SP (and if you don't use all the features, why bother to use it at all?) because it takes away my control of the neighborhood,and I'm missing out on a lot of the stuff that goes on in the NH.
The way it works is that you start on the same day in each house in the neighborhood, and the hours progress at the same time for all houses-and it passes at the same time as the house you're focused on. So if I'm on the first house, all the houses are passing the same amount of time at that, and you have no control over what happens. So you start out on Monday, and go all the way through to Tuesday, all houses will be on Tuesday, no matter what you wanted to do.
It is a grand idea for those who want to try the SP out, but my micromanager twin is very unhappy and it would rather play with each house as I get to it. True, it does slow down the play, but I don't miss the big things that go on.
This is not to say I hate it, or that it's bad-it's an excellent idea-but I personally don't want to play with it-I like to write the events down as they happen, and I get into the entire household events, so by losing this control I feel that I'm losing half of the reason I play the game.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 4:49 AM
Just curious what happens with Ottomas family in the bin with story progression?
Otherwise I agree with FranH, most of us stayed with TS2 because we are micromanagers. I usually play my own stories and I don't want the game mess up my storyline. Even though I liked TS3 open world and many new features with it but I uninstalled TS3 being an angry at story progression.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 5:07 AM
I used to hate TS3 at first before adding tons of Mods to that game to Mod out that bugfest intended as a "story Progression" and have always played with it both very heavily Modded and also heavily tuned and configured so I could get as close as I could to having an open world TS2 rotational game with TS3 and I have actually been able to play that with TS2's rotational play because I had story progression tuned to only do minimal management of the town.
I've decided to add ACR for controlling what I need controlled with inactive families so that a larger town dosen't become a soap opera unless that's my goal.I might use inteen for allowing teens who's RI has aged up to keep that love and for teen ot teen and adult couples who really loved each other in my historical games to be able to get married younger and also to allow micarriages which did happen a lot in the old days.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by paulinatkr
I would love to have this mod in my game, but everytime I click on the title of the Tumblr post, nothing happens. Normally, it would start a download. What am I doing wrong?

You have to have a Discord account to get to the link of the download in Box. Right now it's only in Beta testing and not available for everyone.

Here's the link for getting a Discord account :https://discord.com/

Once you get one, Lazy Duchess has to approve your membership. Once that's done, you'll be on her channel.

Instructor
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Just curious what happens with Ottomas family in the bin with story progression?
Otherwise I agree with FranH, most of us stayed with TS2 because we are micromanagers. I usually play my own stories and I don't want the game mess up my storyline. Even though I liked TS3 open world and many new features with it but I uninstalled TS3 being an angry at story progression.

Samantha will have her babies while in the bin. In my game, Dora has an -11 STR with the bin baby lol. I moved them into an empty lot, and I assume that SP will make them have more children.

The mod does take time to get used to. Like PleasantSims said, If you like to control every aspect of your Sims lives, then the mod isn't your cup of tea. As of now, I'm enjoying it. The one thing I really like is having college students growing up into adults by themselves.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 2:40 PM
Just watched a video, this tells you a bit about the mod:
Mad Poster
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 3:46 PM
So sad for all those sims who grow up badly because wants are not satisfied.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 5:05 PM
I can at least watch that video later since I saved it to watch later.
Instructor
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
So sad for all those sims who grow up badly because wants are not satisfied.

It is sad, but in my testing I notice some Sims have platinum Aspiration and grow up well despite not being played. I was surprised to see some of the Uni students with platinum Aspirations, when I checked on a "dorm".

Mad Poster
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 3:54 PM Last edited by Annaminna : 3rd Feb 2021 at 4:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
It is sad, but in my testing I notice some Sims have platinum Aspiration and grow up well despite not being played. I was surprised to see some of the Uni students with platinum Aspirations, when I checked on a "dorm".

It needs to be investigated. Maybe there is difference between locked and unlocked wants and only unlocked ones satisfy for uncontrolled sims.
Nevermind.
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Aspiration Progression: Inactive Sims will have varying levels of aspiration score.

So it is just random.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 5:12 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 3rd Feb 2021 at 8:04 PM.
Interesting. And fascinating that mods as ambitious as this are still being written for The Sims 2. Lady Lazy Duchess is clearly very talented. (She's also written a mod to fix the "firstborn syndrome" which has plagued Sims 2 since the beginning, and which most believed couldn't be fixed without access to the source code.)

But this mod is really not for me! I get enough "story progression" (sometimes more than enough!) with what my Sims get up to when non-controllable on community lots. I really don't want them getting married or having babies without at least telling me first. And certainly not dying!

[CORRECTION] I see it's "Lazy Duchess", not "Lady Duchess". But the only Duchess that I know personally, Juliette Capp, Grand Duchess of Veronaville, assures me that, if she's a Duchess then she's also entitled to the courtesy title of Lady. No no offence is intended, and I hope none taken.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Just watched a video, this tells you a bit about the mod:

I watched Cindy's vid and the only thing I found she didn't cover was the memories. Are memories still being generated? If so, any drama or is it only positive memories?

I know this mod is in beta and LazyDuchess deserves all the credit and recognition in the world for developing this feature so long in to the game's existence, but do you guys think there will be the possibility to give even more micro-configurations? For example, only giving two or certain families/households the ability to progress while others are off.

Call me Seth!
Page 1 of 3